Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad
newcomers from other tracks would just get confused if it is different
I guess I give the average human a lot of credit. It seems a fairly easy concept, but then again maybe you're right, and people are borderline stupid to downright retarded that race RC. I never thought of it that way. Maybe we should just keep it the same to not throw everyone a mathimatical nightmare curveball.

I'm possibly the funniest person I know. Folks...this is not your average ordinary material I'm writing here. I dang near need to be charging admission for this stuff. I like you guys so it's pro bono.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default uh huh.........

the format is good as it is 2 qualifiers and a main....
Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default point series

thanks to the guys @srs really good finals event......trophies are very cool also....nice job
Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1187rcnt
the format is good as it is 2 qualifiers and a main....
You mean 2 tuning heats and a main. The first 2 heats mean nothing in the current system. TQ just means you get a chance get hacked by everyone in the first turn.

Asshat, I mean markhat has a great idea. I would like to see all 3 heats earn points toward the overall standings. Your finishing position is the number of points you earn. After 3 races, low score wins. In the event of a points tie, the last race finish is the tie breaker. Not too hard to figure. It would put a little thought into the game for people that like to use their heads for something other than a place to stuff junk food.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markhat250
I have a suggestion for club racing that some may like, or not, just throwing it out there....

After the finals race Saturday night, I found myself much more interested, or excited about "all" the racing due to every race counting. At club races, the first 2 races mean nothing except a better starting spot for the 3rd race. Whoopee. I am suggesting for club racing we move to either a Triple A Main style, or I feel better yet, a first race qualifier (for your position), then the next two races like Outdoor Motocross where it is a combined total for both races.

For me...this would keep up the enthusiams/intensity of the racing all night long. Each race would matter. People would put more thought into every time out on the track, therefore creating exciting racing ALL night. I found myself enjoying watching almost every race last night. People were cutting the track like their life depended on them winning. Not suggesting cut the track, but you get my point. EVERY race was crucial.

Anyhoo, just an idea to bring to club racing.
How do you setup the races if you have more than 10+ people in one class?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default what OG said.

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
as there's also bump ups, so it'd be hard to sort all that out & run effiecently.

& thanks to all the SRS crew for running a good fun series.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So you can just go home if you break in the first main, no thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The easy solution is to do ifmar starts instead of rocket rounds, the problem with running one qual and two 10 minute mains is time, it doesn't have anything to do with a "standard" race program because every track does it different and it doesn't have anything to do with breaking and going home after one race because if your good enough you can come back from that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like leaving the track at 2-3 am after being there for hours racing.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Or how bout all 3 races count, drop your lowest.

so...

10th (cuz you got hacked, a wheel fell off, you suck)
5th
3rd

Take the top two and you have 8 points (like motocross)

----

then the next guy gets

6th
3rd
5th

He also has 8 points, but gets second overall cuz the last heat is weighted and tie goes to the 3rd heat better placement (again...like motocross). Or..just go by the clock if there is a tie. Two lowest times breaks the tie. Either way. I actually like the clock way.

I don't like IFMAR and I don't like two throw away meanless heats. These are two ingredients for some seriously boring races to watch!!

And yes Brodie...there are probably some computer issues or bump up type of situational things going on that I am unsure of how the software works. It may be easy as pie, maybe not.

Just trying to see if anyone feels the same way I do about current club racing. Hoping to stir up some ideas cuz watching the racing Saturday night was a blast!!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
Again...I'm not sure how the computer works. They have more than 10 now sometimes and they get it to fly.

I'm just shouting out some ideas. SRS crew may pipe up and say it's all impossible, or not in the mood to change the current system. And the majority may like it just the way it is. I personally don't, but pretty sure that doesn't matter.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

why
Old 08-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
why
Because Mark always likes to try to change things to suit himself. This thread has to have the most arguments in it because Mark always wants to change things like this just for his personal whims or stir the pot.

Mark, if racing is so boring, why do you come. The 2 qualifying heats and a main make perfect sense. 2 tries to do your best and 1 to prove it.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Edison got tired of reading by candlelight.

But I'm sure he was only thinking of himself.

Most people thought Noah was an idiot.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Here's another one. How about you come totally prepared. Run 2 great heats. Qualify lets say, second. First lap, 8th place qualfier jumps a pipe, hits you head on and breaks your car. You go home with squat.

If you break in the first race, you still have a chance to fix it and earn points in the last 2 rounds.

Opps, there we go, outside the box again.

Sorry.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Couple things I see here.

1) Like someone else already said, what if there is more than 10 people in a class? You then have the arguement that if you are running 2 heats and comparing scores that one heat may not have the quality of drivers that the other heat did. So you will have people bitching that they either got hacked by the not so good drivers, or didnt stand a chance at earning points because of the other drivers being way too good.

2) Racing brings out the best and the worst in people. When you start making "every race count", you start getting some pretty pissed off people out there when things dont go perfect. Its much easier to shrug things off when you are just out there to hang out, and if you win the main its a bonus.

Jut my $.02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.