Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everybody, another newbie checking in. My name is Jeremy and I just bought a AE T4. I hope to race on Wednesday nights in the Novice class. I have not done any RC in 15 years and looking forward to getting back into it.

It is nice to see all the advances in motors, batterys, radios and speed controls. Currently I have only one lipo battery, should I be able to race on one battery including some practice time? Two qualifying rounds and a main correct?

Hope to see you out there,

Jeremy
Old 07-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by one-j-dub
Hey everybody, another newbie checking in. My name is Jeremy and I just bought a AE T4. I hope to race on Wednesday nights in the Novice class. I have not done any RC in 15 years and looking forward to getting back into it.

It is nice to see all the advances in motors, batterys, radios and speed controls. Currently I have only one lipo battery, should I be able to race on one battery including some practice time? Two qualifying rounds and a main correct?

Hope to see you out there,

Jeremy
Hey Jeremy, cant wait till you get into it... You will soon have one car for each class LOL mark my words, I told you first.

Anwyway, for sure one GOOD lipo for practice and race will be fine to start. I assume if you sart playing and practicing more and more you will WANT more than one pack. Just to make life easier waiting for a battery to charge.

The new lipos are awesom, and SRS has some GREAT packs from Thunderpower. Support your local store because if they go Bye Bye then we have no racing...

James inside is cool, and HE knows his crap and Keoni and them are also VERY up to date on the new jazz. Every time I go in there I drop $400 and I dont eve mean to.

If you need help with the T4 Jake is a stud and he works there, so help is always available to you.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slashmaster51
Yo! New to the whole RC racing thing. I live here in Mesa, looking to race my TRF414M2 & TA03F's....Can I race those at SRS in a class? I've never been there so thought I'd ask. Also does anyone know if they have anything about drifting either? Like a damn track lol

Thanks again,

Vince
Yes we have classes for those at SRS. We are currently rebuilding our on-road track and hopefully we will have it done for racing this Friday. Check out our web site for the most updated race and store hours. www.scottsdalercspeedway.com
Thanks
Old 07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hemi4me
Hey Jeremy, cant wait till you get into it... You will soon have one car for each class LOL mark my words, I told you first.

Anwyway, for sure one GOOD lipo for practice and race will be fine to start. I assume if you sart playing and practicing more and more you will WANT more than one pack. Just to make life easier waiting for a battery to charge.

The new lipos are awesom, and SRS has some GREAT packs from Thunderpower. Support your local store because if they go Bye Bye then we have no racing...

James inside is cool, and HE knows his crap and Keoni and them are also VERY up to date on the new jazz. Every time I go in there I drop $400 and I dont eve mean to.

If you need help with the T4 Jake is a stud and he works there, so help is always available to you.
Hey Hemi, thanks for the response.

I actually did buy a thunderpower lipo and charger from SRS. I am all for suporting the local hobby shop. I ended up buying a Futaba radio from another local shop after SRS told me thay did not have any, I am not sure if they were out of stock or don't typically carry radios.

I don't know who Jake is but I am looking for tips or a basic T4 setup that works well for SRS, thought it may be more important to be able to get around the track without crashing first.

Funny you say I will soon have a car for every class because I am already eying the 1/8th scale electric buggys, I just think those are cool.

See you out there.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

I will talk about our classes with the SRS Staff this week and see what they think. I personally would love to see a mod class come back in electric 1/10th scale and think if enough people come out and race 1/8th scale we will look into skill set classes. My main concern was to adjust our race schedule so that everyone doesn't die from the heat. I think from the feedback I got that the 8pm start time is a keeper for the summer. Some concerns were our late finnish. I calculated and Jake ran an average of 2hr rounds with watering every other race. Thats honestly some of the best times I have seen for the amount of people that we had. Non-point series nights generally have less attendance and have been averaging 7-8 heats. We should be able to finnish up much earlier next Saturday.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by one-j-dub
Hey Hemi, thanks for the response.

I actually did buy a thunderpower lipo and charger from SRS. I am all for suporting the local hobby shop. I ended up buying a Futaba radio from another local shop after SRS told me thay did not have any, I am not sure if they were out of stock or don't typically carry radios.

I don't know who Jake is but I am looking for tips or a basic T4 setup that works well for SRS, thought it may be more important to be able to get around the track without crashing first.

Funny you say I will soon have a car for every class because I am already eying the 1/8th scale electric buggys, I just think those are cool.

See you out there.

Jake is always there on the race nights some nights he actually runs the races and may be a lil more busy. .Last name is Thayer but he likes you to call him Jackie hahahah

Ok maybe not...

Anyway, he will be the person in front of the 10.5 class, and 4 wheel and usually buggy too. Hes the one that doesnt crash.

Anyway if you are there Wed before the racing look for him.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
There are problems with my suggestions I know, but that is pretty much the standard for ROAR, JBRL, or any other large elctric race/orginization in the US right now.
Club racing isn't ROAR, JBRL, or any other large electric organization. The classes need to be split by what will keep the races happening, the racers happy, and their cars in one piece (as much as that can be affected by whatever means you choose to split classes).

Originally Posted by moparsrule
If you want to change the classes and split things up more then it already is then there will have to be a lot earlier starting time unless you enjoy leaving the track at 2 or 3 am.
No, hes not suggesting more splits. He suggested different splitting of the classes.

You also have to think of it like this, the faster guys in any class will drive around the slower ones, that's just part of racing.
One would think! But as was clearly displayed this weekend, that is not always the case. This leads to upset racers, poor sportsmanship and damaged cars, just to name a few. Some people will probably not be returning unfortunately.

Regardless it will be interesting to see the changes, if any, that do happen.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

heres the simplest solution : leave the classes the way they are.

Make sportsman an open motor class up to a 10.5.. (the slower guys will not be faster with a faster motor anyways)

Make people who are true sportsman's bump back to sportsman... they wont have the excuse of not wanting to buy a 13.5. This will make the sportsman class bigger, and the 10.5 classes smaller.. Perhaps even a heat of both, instead of having 15 10.5's and a handful of sportsman.. maybe 10 and 10? Would shorten the race program.

FYI - i dont mind the classes as they are now, i think bigger classes are more fun... but other people seem to want the classes to be seprated more... and this was the best solution i could think of.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

[QUOTE=Mo-Bo0st;6091887]Club racing isn't ROAR, JBRL, or any other large electric organization. The classes need to be split by what will keep the races happening, the racers happy, and their cars in one piece (as much as that can be affected by whatever means you choose to split classes).

QUOTE]

Yes, it is just that... CLUB RACING. Some people act like its the Wed or Sat worlds held weekly at SRS, and classes need to be divided by 20 different skill levels so everyone has a clean race and a shot to win... I was just telling you what 99% of the US races by weekly, thats all.

It is CLUB RACING, meant to be fun, and laid back. QUIT BITCHING and show up and race... If you read my post, it states the goods AND the bads about changing classes. I would like to actually see the classes remain the same, as I don't have a problem with slower or faster people in my heat. If they are faster I pull over, if there slower I will figure out how to get around them, thats part of racing.

The only thing I would like to see is a MOD class, and I say that in my post on the last page.

BTW: I loved the 8PM start. I know there was alot of people (thats series racing for you), but the late finish was alot better than sitting my fat a$$ in 115 degree sun.

Dave
Old 07-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

HAHAHAAHAHAHA I agree with Dave, he does have a phat ass!

So who's playing basketball thursday night?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you read my post, it states the goods AND the bads about changing classes.
I did read it. Thats how I got the excerpts from it.

I don't care if the classes change at all to be quite honest, just people's attitudes. I'm one of the mid-pack guys. I try the best I can to stay out of the faster guys way, but if I bump into you; tough shit, thats racing. Get over it, and do it without throwing a little bitch fit. Thats my only requested change.

/soapbox
Old 07-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by busdriver
HAHAHAAHAHAHA I agree with Dave, he does have a phat ass!

So who's playing basketball thursday night?
OMG wtf?

I would dominate you... (I mean if I didnt pass out first).

Back in the day I could dunk, a nerf ball in my room you know the one that hangs on the door?

I can rain threes tho... And I am really slow so I have that goin for me too.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

wow we might have two rain makers! Dave burt makes it RAAAAAAAIN
Old 07-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Slashmaster51
Yo! New to the whole RC racing thing. I live here in Mesa, looking to race my TRF414M2 & TA03F's....Can I race those at SRS in a class? I've never been there so thought I'd ask. Also does anyone know if they have anything about drifting either? Like a damn track lol

Thanks again,

Vince
Hi Vince, first off welcome to the Phx scene; most of the on-road stuff happens in this thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ad-racers.html. Right now the only TC class running at SRS is the 13.5 class, there is no track doing any drifting as a class right now that I know of. Although I have seen a few drifters runing between heats at some tracks.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
wow we might have two rain makers! Dave burt makes it RAAAAAAAIN
I use to be able to anyway... there hasn't even been a cloud in sight since we started playing, so I am not sure. Monsoon season is here though, so maybe it will rain soon? I hear a big storm is in the forecast for thursday, you comin to check it out Mike?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.