Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by az00lude
Nothing at all. Terribles just likes to have fun racing that's all. Paul seems to fit and he should be a Terrible.

It must be the heat. Seems everyone is on edge these day.
Yeah it was very hot out.. we even had a couple guys almost get into it in the pit over nothing.... I wasn't running in the top 5 in the a-main so i'm really not to worried about it. It was my first 1/8th scale race 3rd time with it at the track and like 4th time racing rc cars period so I was just happy to make it to the A-main..... Just wish I coulda finished out the race... (someone hit me a few times and broke my pipe) Theres allways next time!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryRacing23
Yeah it was very hot out.. we even had a couple guys almost get into it in the pit over nothing.... I wasn't running in the top 5 in the a-main so i'm really not to worried about it. It was my first 1/8th scale race 3rd time with it at the track and like 4th time racing rc cars period so I was just happy to make it to the A-main..... Just wish I coulda finished out the race... (someone hit me a few times and broke my pipe) Theres allways next time!

Yep, next time. Still had fun right?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

All I can say is i'm hooked....I had a blast! I might even be back out there wensday night if I get the parts I need...
Old 07-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by az00lude
Yep, next time. Still had fun right?
Although racing ended very late, it still beats racing with the sun out when it's scortching hot out.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KMR
WOW did you race? NO?

Whats this have to do with people throwing temper tantrums?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:09 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

He wasn't there to know what happened on the stand! Get taken out multiple times to just get snickered at by the guys that did it does not justify my actions. I apologize! Im sure it wasn't personal taking me out. I know better to loose my head! Getting up on RCTECH and starting shit! Paul you should know better! Anyway! Congrats to all of the winners!! Thanks for putting up with the long hours and the heat and wind storm. I will get the stats posted after Wed race.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Suspended

Keoni, not sure if Paul "Not So" Smart was taking about your actions? I heard something about 2-Wheel thrown into a trash can!?!?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR
Getting up on RCTECH and starting shit! Paul you should know better!
Check the thread, I didn't start anything. I believe that was mo boost something. TEll you the truth I wanted to hear about the 2 in the pits throwing down and tossing 2 wheels lol
Old 07-19-2009, 10:18 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CodyRothe
Keoni, not sure if Paul "Not So" Smart was taking about your actions? I heard something about a 2-Wheel thrown into a trash can!?
Buttercup,

Good Talk! The Heats awesome!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

You guys shouldn't "want" to hear about shit like that. It's pathetic to see "grown" men acting like a bunch of spoiled little girls with sand in their twats.

PS - I was actually talking about all the above mentioned events. Not just one or the other. Both were stupid and uncalled for.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

After the minor debacle last Saturday, I'm going to re-hash something that I think would be great for SRS, but will probably go by the wayside.

SEPARATE the races by your "claimed" or "achieved" skill level, not the motor you choose (ie. expert 1/8 scale vs. beginner 1/8 scale). Kinda like we're already doing with the NOVICE & SPORTSMAN class, but take it a step further. Add an EXPERT/MOD class and throw out motor rulz!!

Let the slower guys laugh and joke cuz they haven’t had as much time behind the wheel race together. Then the fast intense up-tight guys wouldn't get pissed, because everyone for the most part is going the same speed, making relatively few mistakes. This has nothing to do with bragging that your fast, but putting you where you belong.

I stood by Jared Tebo in the first race at Cactus and thought to myself "what's wrong with this picture". I was only there because of my motor I chose, not because of my skill level.

This brings up another point that I have got hammered on....10.5 vs. 13.5 vs. 7.5 with my theory would be out the window. Maifield would beat me with a 13.5 and me on a 7.5. This further supports that he is a better driver, and motor has NOTHING to do with it. So if motor truly has NOTHING to do with it, while all the frigging uptight rulz? Humpty beats me every week in his 10.5 B44 and I have a 7.5 in mine. He's a better driver, so it makes perfect sense.

Furthermore, with Brushless 1/8 scale growing, there is such HUGE variance between motors here. If you race brushless and are winning, I assure you it has NOTHING to do with your motor, cuz they are all grossly over-powered to the hilt!! Why? for efficiency, not speed. Kioni on his 3S RC8 is also living proof that he can beat my 6S that has twice the power of his car.

So, separate the driver's skill level, not the motor they choose!!!!!! Done with my ranting.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Nice post Mark. Not sure how it will work, but worth the read
Old 07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Good Points Mark! We always thought that "motor classes" would define the classes but It still needs work. 1/8th scale classes at other tracks are defined by skill and its something that I haven't been able to do at SRS because of the turnouts. Its been hard enough separating Nitro and Elec. I will talk about it with the Staff and see what they think. Thanks
Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree and disagree.

The only reason that I would disagree with this is; It is very hard to get better at anything (not just RC car racing) if you aren't competing with people who are better than you.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryRacing23
All I can say is i'm hooked....I had a blast! I might even be back out there wensday night if I get the parts I need...
What broke? I'm sure you can get any part you need with all the hobby shops around.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.