Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ ONROAD RACERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Depending on the weekend I'll make the journey up or down to the Valley for some 1/12 and maybe even GT10(PRO10) as I am over sedan. Anyone know anyone who would like to purchase an Associated TC5?
E
Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

This is great news, i think that you guys can get some advertising so on-roaders from further places know about it, as you said no all the racers meet at this forum and passing the word it's not enough, a nice flyer at Hobby Stores it's great advertising, after being around during this "break" at SRS i see a lot of people racing electric touring cars and will make the novice class and the on-road program grow up, another thing that have to be done at SRS it's give a fresh look to the track (paint, new layout, etc. i'm sure you guys already thought about it) and count with me and my brother for that, btw we are in for Nitro
Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

This is great news, i think that you guys can get some advertising so on-roaders from further places know about it, as you said no all the racers meet at this forum and passing the word it's not enough, a nice flyer at Hobby Stores it's great advertising, after being around during this "break" at SRS i see a lot of people racing electric touring cars and will make the novice class and the on-road program grow up, another thing that have to be done at SRS it's give a fresh look to the track (paint, new layout, etc. i'm sure you guys already thought about it) and count with me and my brother for that, btw we are in for Nitro
Old 02-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Careful Juan
Let's just show up and enjoy the onroad racing day like the good old days. Should be fun hanging out and racing onroad style.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hey bro, i'm confused they are planing a "BIG RACE" or just a race to hang out, i don't think the sponsors wanna come to hang out, i love to do so and i always have a lot of fun, but i dreamed of a big race as i read in the first couple post i only being in one and have bad luck due to tires again if there is something i can help let me know.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's not exactly what I meant but this race should be fun. Let's see if we still know how to drive onroad .
Old 02-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hey bro, this guys know how to tune an engine

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8aArSn4IhHI
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey all....well this is an ok start, it would be good to have a "big race", i am asking all of you az racers to get on the phone and talk to friends you know. i will tell you this, if this race doesnt happen onroad at srs will not exist..so everyone call someone you know and tell them to come and race. Yes juan the track will get a make over if i have to do it myself.. but before that happens we need to know we are going to have a good turnout. if you know people from out of state call them. the dates for this race would be the first weekend in may..maybe someone can design a flyer and we can get them handed out and posted. anyone else reading this post you will be welcome for this also. i know sean is at the nitro pit this weekend, i will be back in town tuesday and will see where we stand , if you know people want to attend put there name on this post, we need a count
Old 02-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Corn--Count me in

Rich

Let me know if you need anything.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sounds fun.

Last edited by clinehobbies; 03-08-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Suspended

ringleader????zippy??? anyways i am going to start work on a flyer keep calling people, i will try and call sean tonight....lets race...lol
Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So far, we are in. No nitro as that thing will be up for sale soon. Alex will soon have a new smaller ride soon though to go with the XRay.

Me, I won't have anything left. My Cyclone is going up for sale to pay for some other new stuff. I couldn't drive it anyways.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

I did not know there were 2 AZ on road threads. Here is a repost from the other thread.

AZ on-roaders. Just FYI. On Saturday, my daughter was rock climbing at an indoor facility near the Deer Valley airport. It was just down the street from the new Speed Sports indoor location. I stopped by just to check it out. They had the track set up for oval Sat. night, but the guy said on Fridays they are getting 40-60 entires for road course. He said they were running all classes including mod sedan and 1/2th scale. Not sure of the comp. level but he said Humpty was there running 1/2th. Maybe he could give his input. I would love to hear his opinion. The track was concrete with VHT. It was mad sticky. They said they will have carpet down by March 1st. Track seemed a little small for mod sedan but about right for 1/12th. Thought I would swing by next Friday to see the layout and turnout. I know most of you guys live on the East side but it might be an option for some on road action. Later.
Ron Goforth
Old 02-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Suspended

ron this is not for that place, this is for a trophy race at srs, it is much bigger, i have seen that track...anyways look for updates about this race on thursday night or friday morning..
Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone selling a nice electric touring car chassis? Cheap?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.