Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing at "The Den" - Monroe, WI

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:24 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well its official, I am done with electric for this year. I have non R/C events going on every electric R/C weekend at the Den for the rest of the season, including the series race at trackside

But on the flip side it lets me lower the outlay for R/C costs before Nitro Sedan ramps up in May

Congrats Corey on the points win for 1/12th! Hopefully next season I can get a bit more on the ball with the whole 1/12th thing
Old 03-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Joe you should come with me down to Trackside this coming tuesday. Scotty is letting the 12th scale guys run for free.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Clegg

I just went with the TR 5P Turbo because it was cheap, 110$ brand new hehe

I see rules are out the window again this year.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:38 AM

Well since nitro sedan scene is quite a bit smaller than electric (due to the insane costs / lack of tracks) and this being just a "club" race, it seems to make sense to allow people to run what they bring. when you have 8 or 10 people running on a weekend, does it make sense to start building classes? so you have 2 people in one class and the rest in another?

Also what about RTR's? most RTR's come with .15's, now they are weak .15's, but still out of spec for the 3 port .12 rules.

Also how many people who run nitro sedan at the Den race any where else? not many - reason being there arent that many tracks around for it. So the need to stickt to a "ROAR" spec would seem pointless if you werent running at any sanctioned events or tracks that enforce that.

I mean if we get a good turnout this year I would be fine with having an Open, Stock and RTR class setup. But unfortunately, once you put rules like that, stock class becomes the most expensive there is. (350$ stock motors are becoming more the status quo it seems for the high end). And since a 150$ stock motor cant touch a 350$ stock motor, it makes that class pretty brutal.

As long as I can run, I dont give a crap what class I am in. I dont care if I win, I dont care if I lose, I am just there to run the car and have fun. I'd be fine having an Open class for everyone to run in who have out of spec motors, and just have the stock folks have their own class. I'm also not into this to break the bank trying to buy engines to beat everyone else. Because many people can outspend their way to a win in Nitro.

Also whos going to do engine teardown tech every race? I mean most engine cases are the same case between different portings of motors. So you drop in a 5 port sleeve into a 3 port case, or hand port it, or what ever, and no one knows.

Nitro is quite a bit harder to "tech".
Old 03-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree... let any .12 or rtr.15 run... no rules mean no cheating We plan on making the trip to the Den this summer for nitro and I dont want to have to worry if I have a "legal" motor... besides ROAR doesnt even follow their own rules
Old 03-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like a typical MARCCA response. “Screw the world I know better than everyone else”
Old 03-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Why complicate a club race with all sorts of motor rules? I have never seen a parking lot track around here have enough traction or a big enough track were HP was the determining factor. Driving and setup is way more important... heck Bobby Stellflue TQed Verona with a way under powered motor when we ran there last... most cars have more power than you can hook... lets just have fun
Old 03-24-2005, 11:53 AM

Skip as much as I love the drama that bringing marcca into a convesation brings. This thread doesnt need the soap opera.

Instead of just bitching about it, whats your recommendation? what would you like to see? Maybe post some ideas and thoughts, not just one or two line posts to just cause trouble?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thats simple. Run ROAR rules so we have the same rules at all tracks.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:43 PM

ok now answer this, what tracks in WI run full ROAR rules for Nitro sedan?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Green Bay, Racine and AJ's in IL.
(In other words everyone else)
Old 03-24-2005, 01:05 PM

Wow with full tech inspections and all. thats impressive.

As I said above, I have no issue if we were going to run a stock class for you guys, but an Open class like we ran last year was quite fun.

But in the end its all kevins call. Alienation of people with RTR's is a dangerous thing for this hobby though.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Is the NTC3 a good choice? When do you guys race them at The Den? I had a blast at the MWTCS race and would love to come back.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:14 PM

Yeh the NTC3 is the most prevalent car at the track. People race RTR to Full Team versions of the car.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

I hate to agree with anyone, even Skipper but running ROAR engines would be my wish also.

I'm not suggesting that we tear down anyones engine or even send someone home if they show up with a non ROAR legal engine.

Clegg's right, there are not many tracks running nitro sedans and not many racers either. All the more reason to all be on the same page don't ya think.

If my memory serves ROAR now allows "turbo" heads now but I'm not positive. If I get a chance I'll go on their website and see what's up.

Bottom line is let's race!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.