Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Andy - Just as a fyi, a lot of the people I've been talking to have been uneasy about the late starting time - I'm thinking that if we make the entry deadline at, say, 6:30, we can be racing by 7 every week without issues and hopefully have everyone out by 11 if everything is run smoothly. There's nothing keeping people from calling ahead and registering beforehand, and I don't know of anyone who can't actually physically be at the track by 7 if they show up with everything ready to go. Getting out at 1am isn't exactly family-friendly for the parents and kids, which is one of the things I always hated about the alternative Friday night options for racing in this area.

It shouldn't really be an issue with being prepared to run upon arrival - I show up to McCullough's every week with at least the first 2 heats plus practice worth of batteries for multiple classes charged and ready to go from the night before - makes things much easier and less rushed when you actually get to the track.

Just figured I'd throw it out there since I've been hearing a lot of concern about it.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmark17
Just wondering since people are racing at RC Alley Raceway on friday nights and might want to race there also.
Hey mark we will be racing off-road friday night. This will not change.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
Andy - Just as a fyi, a lot of the people I've been talking to have been uneasy about the late starting time - I'm thinking that if we make the entry deadline at, say, 6:30, we can be racing by 7 every week without issues and hopefully have everyone out by 11 if everything is run smoothly. There's nothing keeping people from calling ahead and registering beforehand, and I don't know of anyone who can't actually physically be at the track by 7 if they show up with everything ready to go. Getting out at 1am isn't exactly family-friendly for the parents and kids, which is one of the things I always hated about the alternative Friday night options for racing in this area.

It shouldn't really be an issue with being prepared to run upon arrival - I show up to McCullough's every week with at least the first 2 heats plus practice worth of batteries for multiple classes charged and ready to go from the night before - makes things much easier and less rushed when you actually get to the track.

Just figured I'd throw it out there since I've been hearing a lot of concern about it.
We thought about that, but the reality of it is that more people won't be able to make an earlier time. If you think about it, some kids have practice right after school, some 4-6, and most working people get off between 4-5:30. If you enter the factor of going home grabbing a snack, changing clothes and driving time to the track they will most likely not be able to make it to race if we start earlier. Also again many people have a packed schedule during the week and can't always get things ready before hand. These people might need some extra time on at the race track to be ready to race. Also some racers don't have enough batteries to have for a few practice rounds and will need to practice and charge practice and charge.
I appreciate the thought though.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Ostach24;8306778]We thought about that, but the reality of it is that more people won't be able to make an earlier time. If you think about it, some kids have practice right after school, some 4-6, and most working people get off between 4-5:30. If you enter the factor of going home grabbing a snack, changing clothes and driving time to the track they will most likely not be able to make it to race if we start earlier. Also again many people have a packed schedule during the week and can't always get things ready before hand. These people might need some extra time on at the race track to be ready to race. Also some racers don't have enough batteries to have for a few practice rounds and will need to

still no idea on when the grand opening is?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=polarisrider44;8307011]
Originally Posted by Ostach24
We thought about that, but the reality of it is that more people won't be able to make an earlier time. If you think about it, some kids have practice right after school, some 4-6, and most working people get off between 4-5:30. If you enter the factor of going home grabbing a snack, changing clothes and driving time to the track they will most likely not be able to make it to race if we start earlier. Also again many people have a packed schedule during the week and can't always get things ready before hand. These people might need some extra time on at the race track to be ready to race. Also some racers don't have enough batteries to have for a few practice rounds and will need to

still no idea on when the grand opening is?
Nope not yet, we had it pretty rough with this floor. We scrapped it all up and are doing it mostly ourselves this time to make sure it is level and the material sticks. We want it to be perfect, so we decided to take it on so no more corners are cut. I will keep everyone up to speed.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Ostach24;8308258]
Originally Posted by polarisrider44

Nope not yet, we had it pretty rough with this floor. We scrapped it all up and are doing it mostly ourselves this time to make sure it is level and the material sticks. We want it to be perfect, so we decided to take it on so no more corners are cut. I will keep everyone up to speed.
yeah to get it done right you almost have to do it yourself
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey mark we will be racing off-road friday night. This will not change.
Hey thanks for clearing that up now I need to make my mind up on what to do
Old 12-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

No news when we will start. It will now be after new yrs.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys carpet is in pa system is in. We just need to lay the track out and put the pipes in. We are almost set to go. Things will start after new years though.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys carpet is in pa system is in. We just need to lay the track out and put the pipes in. We are almost set to go. Things will start after new years though.
Good luck! Gonna check it out when your open.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

We are almost done with things, we will run a few laps on it tomorrow in between hauling the rest of the pit tables over and finoshing the drivers and announcers stand.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm off all week. Somebody call me when you're going over to work.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys just an overall update. We got the floor done carpet down and the front room has the pit tables in. We have the platforms for the drivers stand completed and the railing installed, we just need to complete the railing and paint it. We also have the announcers stand to finish up. The outside pipe is around the track. We are waiting for the concession stand to be finished. We need it to be finished and the neighbors office space to be done so we can remove tools benches and materials from the center hallway before we can put our pit tables in. Things are coming together. Check out the website Sunday evening for new pictures. There will be a new link for all the pictures we have so far.
Thanks guys keep checking back.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Opening date 1/14/11!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Aw man - same weekend as Columbus Will there be any practice beforehand so those of us that will be out of town that weekend can come down and check things out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.