Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Stopped by to check out the track and watch a little racing. Wow this palce is awesome. I can see why everyone loves racing here. The track layout is the best I have ever seen for offroad.

Off Roeder nice job on the win today. Your car looked great in the heat I watched. Smooth, fast and under control. Car looked great.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Another great day at LCRC is in the books. Kevin be sure to thank your mom and dad from the boys and myself for keeping us well fed and hydrated through out the day. The new layout is awesome. Great side by side racing in the truggy class. Bill is looking way to good with that new mugen already. It was a blast racing in the main today. Hope to see everyone for the finally in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The new lay out is phenomenal!! A new feel with different elements than before

High light of the day for me was sharing Hambones truggy with Jay Miller for the main. As I was bringing it in for fuel at the half way mark I said 'here you go Jay' and he said 'I brought up a pork sandwich for you' Thanks for the food
Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great time yesterday and what can i say about this new track layout its awsome still fast but more of a drivers track caint wait for the finally.

wyd nice to see you,yourda and art come up.

it's always a blast hanging with brad,cr,ed. jason and kyle nice runs great to see so many e-scales.

Great job kevin and anyone that helped to make this a great place to race. thanks
Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
The new lay out is phenomenal!! A new feel with different elements than before

High light of the day for me was sharing Hambones truggy with Jay Miller for the main. As I was bringing it in for fuel at the half way mark I said 'here you go Jay' and he said 'I brought up a pork sandwich for you' Thanks for the food
A transmitter/sandwich hand off on the drivers stand, lol. I thought Jay was bustin my chops that he was taking over at the fuel stop, but he sure as hell did. Kevin, what a track! I can't believe you got that much accomplished in a couple days with all the rain we've had. It's really paying off now. Look at how many different areas racers came just for a club race. The 30th of the month will blow out the existing entry numbers. Hey i'm even starting to like the stairsteps!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd like to thank everyone for helping make yesterday a great sucess! All the new faces, and the regulars and everyone who helped out. The new layout turned out better then I could have imagined. I still have some work to do on the front stretch entry but the dirt in the new sections held up well. I'm still trying to decide if I need to make the landing to the big step up longer and move the take off back. Let me know what you guys think. Looking forward to the 30th.

Kevin
Old 10-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway
I'd like to thank everyone for helping make yesterday a great sucess! All the new faces, and the regulars and everyone who helped out. The new layout turned out better then I could have imagined. I still have some work to do on the front stretch entry but the dirt in the new sections held up well. I'm still trying to decide if I need to make the landing to the big step up longer and move the take off back. Let me know what you guys think. Looking forward to the 30th.

Kevin
Great day yesterday. Will hopefully be back for the October 30th race. Always a great time here. As for the step up, Maybe make the landing longer. I noticed yesterday, most people would jump to far, and hit the wall, making it hard to marshal. Then, if they didn't want to over jump, they wouldn't have enough. It was definitely a tough spot to get right, which some people may enjoy. It could definitely mess up lap times. Another thing is, the peaked jump, I believe that could be a little smaller. Most people were over jumping the down slope, and that jump being as big as it is creates a blind spot on the left side of the stand on the backstretch. Especially for Brent, all the way on the left. Other than that, the track was great, the new changes were fun. Look forward to October 30th!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

great job on the one day track rebuild...and race day activities

roeder, as always, nice to dice it up with you in the main

leave the step up alone...technical

make the big double a little smaller...so it doesn't shoot the car so high

i'm not a track owner so the more technical the better for me...fine line between tooo technical and tooo easy...so far i think Kevin has done a great job

Kevin...i know you don't take the comments personal, you just want all to have a great day and want to come back to do it again...

C.R.

Last edited by lovell; 10-10-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

kevin,
track is just plain awesome..i wouldnt change a thing..it makes things more difficult/technical....had a great time...it was funny as hell as jay miller and i were racing each other super hard and that we was up there lauphing and joking to one another about it...good stuff..
cant wait to attend the last race.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Great day yesterday. Will hopefully be back for the October 30th race. Always a great time here. As for the step up, Maybe make the landing longer. I noticed yesterday, most people would jump to far, and hit the wall, making it hard to marshal. Then, if they didn't want to over jump, they wouldn't have enough. It was definitely a tough spot to get right, which some people may enjoy. It could definitely mess up lap times. Another thing is, the peaked jump, I believe that could be a little smaller. Most people were over jumping the down slope, and that jump being as big as it is creates a blind spot on the left side of the stand on the backstretch. Especially for Brent, all the way on the left. Other than that, the track was great, the new changes were fun. Look forward to October 30th!
What I was thinking for the step up jump where people (myself included) were over or under jumping and hitting the wall or flopping short, what if you banked off where the wall is so you could go up on the bank and sweep back into the track coming back down. I think that could produce a neat effect that was cool to drive and it would make that section faster. It would still take finesse to navigate. In any case, that track was amazing. I'll never forget turning my friend loose on the track with my car after the race was over. He had never driven an rc before, and just went buck wild. I watched in horror as he terrorized that track and my car. Never broke a part though, and that is saying something!! I'll be there on the 30th, period. If you're undergoing any major construction on the track in the mean time Kevin, let me know. If and when I can, I'll come out and lend a hand. Bill, that truggy is cheating :-) Boy that thing moves though!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b_recliner
What I was thinking for the step up jump where people (myself included) were over or under jumping and hitting the wall or flopping short, what if you banked off where the wall is so you could go up on the bank and sweep back into the track coming back down. I think that could produce a neat effect that was cool to drive and it would make that section faster. It would still take finesse to navigate. In any case, that track was amazing. I'll never forget turning my friend loose on the track with my car after the race was over. He had never driven an rc before, and just went buck wild. I watched in horror as he terrorized that track and my car. Never broke a part though, and that is saying something!! I'll be there on the 30th, period. If you're undergoing any major construction on the track in the mean time Kevin, let me know. If and when I can, I'll come out and lend a hand. Bill, that truggy is cheating :-) Boy that thing moves though!
That sounds like a possibility for the step up. Just something to prevent all the people from slamming into the wall. I agree with C.R. I like the challenge that part provides, because simply it makes it interesting. The only thing is, this results in a big pile up and it got pretty dangerous marshaling that area with all the 8th scales flying up there.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Step Up

After marshalling for several rounds at the step up here are my observations. Nitro buggies had it nailed down pretty much, not picking on M. Cleary, but he was the only one that seemed to over shoot it some. E-scales, A main guys had it figured out. B-main guys were off on their timing. Like CR said, I think it should be left and it's just time to learn just timing and throttle control from the e-scale perspective. I hate to say it, but there are a lot of new people getting into e-scale and it's going to be the next novice/short course style class. Those who are somewhat newer to the scene are not completely in tune between instant torque, second finger, and the brain. For those having some problems, take notice of the A main guys and see where they are applying the throttle and brake and you will figure it out. Besides it was only the first race on the new layout. We started out on Friday night late with some test laps in the 49 second range. I believe by the end of the day Saturday once people started figuring it out more, the average was 40-42 unless you were hot wheels paul snyder banging of 36 second laps. With my truggy, I was more conservative most of the race and I too did not attempt the step up with the exception of maybe three times in the main and I still finished third. You can still be just as quick not jumping it and being conservative and not wrecking. Bill and I went at it for a couple of laps up through that section nose to tail and side to side and did not have a problem. At the beginning of a main, there is normally a pile up in some first corner some where, ours has just moved to the middle of the track. I still remember most of those piles up and the beginning of the season in the daytona turn. I think we have all improved our skills and now we are moving further out the track. I believe before the track change, the first turn pile up is where the chicane used to be going up to the new step up.

Last edited by jmackani; 10-10-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

I like it all.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default What A BLAST!!

For the past few weeks since the Race For The Cure at McCullough's, I told myself that it was THE best track and one of THE best races that I had been to all season. Well after running LCRC, I have to say that M'Cullough's is now my SECOND best race of the season ( a very CLOSE second I must say). LCRC encompasses everything that RC racing should be. A great group of people who put the racing program together, an absolutely SICK layout, great competition, clean "drama-free" racing, and some of the most hospitable, warm, and down-to-earth racers in the region. I had a really good time with you all yesterday, even though I was plagued once again by the dreaded "RC Gremlins". Hey, it happens, and I just roll with it; all a part of racing right?. You all are some of the best people that I have met since I started racing in this region, and I trust that I made a handful of new friends yesterday. It was nice to chat with a bunch of you after racing was over, as well as during the day. LCRC is exactly what other tracks in the region should emmulate. I will defintely be back, maybe for the race at the end of the month (God Willing). What a great day!. Take care all of you until we see each other again.

Phil Sanders (White O'Donnell SG Buggy)
Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BTW, where can I find the pictures that were taken from yesterday's club race?. I was given the website, but I forgot it. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Also if I can offer my .02 about the track, I would say don't change a single thing!. I absolutely love the layout.

Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.