hey teeforb u going to have your
6 ready for this weekend
Old 10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sshank.shank
hey teeforb u going to have your
6 ready for this weekend
yea, but i can't race this weekend... prior engagements...
Old 10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rice_man
A personal thanks to the guy in Sportsman Truggy class last Saturday for driving and acting like a total jerk and putting a damper on what should have been a fun night out at the track. I’m sure your sponsor would be very proud to hear the garbage you were talking that warranted a warning from the announcer. Calling other drivers “fools” and threatening to “take them out” – are you serious? Just because other drivers don’t enter corners as hot as you do doesn’t mean they need to move over and let you pass. It also doesn’t mean you should hack them either. Learn to drive cleanly and make your pass elsewhere. But by far the most disturbing part of your act was your lack of sportsmanship. Coming off the driver’s stand pounding tables and sulking. Please think about how you carry yourself the next time you’re out there. If you’re having a bad night it doesn’t give you the right to ruin someone else.
Here's a thought,(not being sarcastic) maybe ask Dan to post somewhere on the Driver's stand a sign of all the track rules. This way racers can see the sign every time before they get up to race or practice. Another idea is maybe have Dan before every race have a quick driver's meeting. I know it might be redundant to all the locals but, it may be beneficial for new racers to understand the rules on how things operate at Arc

I believe we all can agree, that we are all out there to have the best time possible so maybe we all can come up with some rules to prevent things like this from happening as much as possible in the future. I'll start it off..

1) No Vulgar language on the Driver's stand(only because there are minors who also race with us old farts and its only right we set an example and also the use of profanity could possibly lead to confrontation).

Feel free to add.

Thoughts, Gripes, & Concerns?

Last edited by M_Flores; 10-12-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

good ideas
Old 10-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M_Flores
Here's a thought,(not being sarcastic) maybe ask Dan to post somewhere on the Driver's stand a sign of all the track rules. This way racers can see the sign every time before they get up to race or practice. Another idea is maybe have Dan before every race have a quick driver's meeting. I know it might be redundant to all the locals but, it may be beneficial for new racers to understand the rules on how things operate at Arc

I believe we all can agree, that we are all out there to have the best time possible so maybe we all can come up with some rules to prevent things like this from happening as much as possible in the future. I'll start it off..

1) No Vulgar language on the Driver's stand(only because there are minors who also race with us old farts and its only right we set an example and also the use of profanity could possibly lead to confrontation).

Feel free to add.

Thoughts, Gripes, & Concerns?

I think a bulletin board of some sort detailing track & driver etiquette is an excellent idea. Dan could post it next to where he posts the heat results as well as on the drivers stand, that way it will get repetitive exposure.

I wasn’t there last week, but I was the week before and noticed a lot of new faces in the sportsman classes, which is a good thing. When a new face shows up and someone else displays poor sportsmanship, it can leave a lasting impression of our track. Worst case scenario, prevent them from coming back in the future because they had such a bad experience.

I also think a short drivers meeting each week is a great idea. It doesn’t have to be a lengthy speech by any means. Dan could simply point out some of the basics and then refer the drivers to the bulletin board for a detailed description of the Track & Driver Etiquette at ARC.

Overall I think we have a great group of drivers that come out each week to ARC. Unfortunately there are individuals that can’t real it in when their temper gets away from them. As long as there are rules and repercussions in place and posted for all to read, behavior like that should be kept to a minimum.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey David forgot to tell you I
left your shock inserts in the
pockect of your pit cady and also
both you and brandons fuel tops
In there also Sean
Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was at bending corners for some on-road races last year and Rafael, the race director, has a killer deterrant of foul language. If any driver hears another driver curse, he can collect $1 for every curse word heard. If the offendee wrings out a whole string of them, it could cost upwards of $8-$10. If there are 2 people that hear the curse word(s), the offendee pays out twice, and so on. So if your cursing on the drivers stand, it could really cost you. Now this is done not to make you broke, just to make you aware of the language being used.

I agree that there needs to be a HUGE emphasis on the reason we are all at the track to begin with, TO HAVE FUN DRIVING OUR TOY CARS.(sophisticated toy cars for some!)

I saw the aftermath of the incident that riceman speaks of, and have to say that one persons bad night should not turn into a bad night for two people.(or even more)

On behalf of the offendee, he is a young driver(no excuse) that definitely has a passion for this sport and just hasn't figured out how to control his feelings. I feel it is up to the older(wiser, and soon to be slower cuz these kids are getting it too fast...ranting sorry!) drivers to lead by example and show these kids its not all about the win.

my .02

2 fingers up, spread'em apart.
Billy Ho
Old 10-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback Billy. And also to those that have responded to my post. There are a few of us older guys that have been around long enough to know that there will always be one or two of those guys on the stand that have a difficult time controlling their "passion" for the hobby. And as Billy implied, we need to keep our perspective on why we are out there at the club level racing our toy cars. HAVE FUN

The bottom line comes down to this. Common courtesy and respect for those around you. We deal with enough rude people in our daily routine. We definitely don't need to deal with it on our leisure time. That's the reason I pulled out of the main at the six minute mark, packed up my stuff and went home. I wasn't doing myself any good driving with the road rage that had now set in.

I'll definitely be back out again when my schedule and family time allows it. I need to be sure my racing/hobby time does not interfere with the time spent with my young kids teaching them the values of courtesy and respect for others. It's clear not enough parents do that.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

nicely put billy and rice man.its club racing and should be fun for all.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy T.
I was at bending corners for some on-road races last year and Rafael, the race director, has a killer deterrant of foul language. If any driver hears another driver curse, he can collect $1 for every curse word heard. If the offendee wrings out a whole string of them, it could cost upwards of $8-$10. If there are 2 people that hear the curse word(s), the offendee pays out twice, and so on. So if your cursing on the drivers stand, it could really cost you. Now this is done not to make you broke, just to make you aware of the language being used.
This is the idea I had but the money collected could go towards a pot and the winner of the race that the individual is racing in will collect.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Special Request>>>>>Anybody coming out to ARC Saturday>>>>>>
I need a rear diff case assembly for mugen mbx6. I will buy it from you at the track if you have it. It is for a buddy of mine that cant locate one in time for this weekend. Please let me know and we can hook up at the track on Saturday. Thanks in advance
Old 10-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default diff case

Tech 5 i've got what your looking for i'll bring it saturday.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Mr. Gibby! You DA MAN!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tech5-you going to race this weekend?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Yes Greg I will be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.