Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
Why are you so positive that you'll NEVER go electric?
man all this talk about osr beating on lovell and stober.
i know you been out of it for a couple yrs mike.but last summer there was this dude taring it up at altoona and or other tracks in pa.
they called him the new 1/8 heat...gotta watch out for that guy to.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

In case anyone missed this:

Originally Posted by robwike

Here is how I will officially handle this:

1 E Buggy = no race
2 E buggies = 1 Race, no entry fee. Kinda like an exhibition thing
3 or more E buggies = Will run a regular race schedule for that class.

Flexibility on VERY LOW turnout days, will be "considered".

More than fair !!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default no mixing

on a semi-related note, when myself and jeremy allshouse traveled to huntingdon a few years back w/our b44's we got stuck in a nitro class, i cant remember if it was truggys or buggys, but either way, even though we were faster it took all the fun out of it. Personally I had problems breaking and cornering the way i wanted to because i couldn't' hear my electric over the nitros. i didnt think this would be as big of a deal as it was, but when you cant hear your car it is very hard to judge breaking and cornering. Maybe this is because my driving is less the optimal but overall it took the fun out of it for me and the nitro guys were complaing that it was hard to not "run over" the electrics, but that obviously would not be a problem as all the 8th scales are the same size.

that is just the tip of the iceberg on why i would prefer for see nitro and electric separated.....plus WHEN i get another e-scale (which will not be this year) i dont wanna run against the nitros, I might get all that "junk" spewing from there pipes on my windshield and not be able to see!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Where did you order it from? I've checked around and they all seem to be back-ordered.
You can order them through NitroHouse.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robwike
In case anyone missed this:
I missed it before...thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morris
man all this talk about osr beating on lovell and stober.
i know you been out of it for a couple yrs mike.but last summer there was this dude taring it up at altoona and or other tracks in pa.
they called him the new 1/8 heat...gotta watch out for that guy to.
Well then...they're just going to have to cool the heats arse down too!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is probably the first time in years that I find myself wishing that there was a big 1/8 (Nitro) Cash race this weekend!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ed...is the altoona track clear...it would be no different than me running last weekend in 13*...i bet the traction would be a lot better as well...

i'm in for Sat. afternoon
Old 02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Track is clear. Jim is there right now running.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KARO
I wouldn't mind running electric with nitro unless it's a cash race. .
Exactly, no worries, just fun club racing.
Originally Posted by OSR
Why are you so positive that you'll NEVER go electric?
The variables are what I love in nitro.
Originally Posted by Ed237
Tom, I dont know what places you have been to recently, but I've been to my fair share of tracks in the last 18 months and I havent seen anybody run electric 1/8 scale with nitro. So acting like its common place to combine them everywhere else but Altoona isnt being exactly fair.

That being said, I am sure Rob will be flexible on days when turnout is really low and he has to group some classes together to create a reasonable race day.

But other than that, It makes lilttle or no sense to start messing with the 1/8 Nitro Buggy rules at this time.
Tracks i was at this summer: Barnstormers(mixed), Hobby Hut(mixed), Nuclear(mixed), Drums(mixed), LCRC(mixed),G's(mixed), Blue Diamond(prob mixed-i cant remember), Mcculoughs(there were no E 1/8s), Richfield(mixed), Altoona(dont think Brent ever ran his).

Im just saying, no need to speak in absolutes. If one shows up-Im down with Ed-kill that guy and lets dump him and that electric in the creek in the back! Its all good
Old 02-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Where did you order it from? I've checked around and they all seem to be back-ordered.
I have mine on order through a friend, but nitrohouse appears to be the only ones with them in stock every once in a while.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Sweet!!!!
maybe a soon siting at Richfield??? hehehehe

Tyler and I ran ours today at bumps, took awhile to get the hang of it, but wow, how fun!

And Brad,, i have 3 diff's in my slash, a 10 turn that has more then enough , and handles very well.

sounds like those trucks were not aganst a PE edition 4x4.

Cant wait to get mine out on the dirt outside this spring! gonna be SSIICCCKKK

realy nice to drive something that can keep pace with the nitro 8th buggys just fine, and be so worry free.......

*looking at his truggy*... hmmmm,,,,,

NAAAAAAHHHH BURN NITRO!
but, about the whole nitro-brushless buggy thing,
only thing i can say, is i hope you guys have enough nitro's to run a class..
sounds like there alot of people that want to run brushless instead.
I will probably wait until spring for it's debut on dirt. I have a novak 4.5 hv ready to go in it. You might get a teaser at Richfield when it comes in.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed237
Tom, I dont know what places you have been to recently, but I've been to my fair share of tracks in the last 18 months and I havent seen anybody run electric 1/8 scale with nitro. So acting like its common place to combine them everywhere else but Altoona isnt being exactly fair.

That being said, I am sure Rob will be flexible on days when turnout is really low and he has to group some classes together to create a reasonable race day.

But other than that, It makes lilttle or no sense to start messing with the 1/8 Nitro Buggy rules at this time.
I have seen three tracks this summer that did run electrics with nitros. Garlands, Lost Creek and Reading all did it and we did not seem to have problems. The pit stops were done on an honor system which most people did not have a problem. Although those cars can put out those speeds, being able to put all that power down on the dirt is a different story. I think they are overpowered for most novice drivers.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I have seen three tracks this summer that did run electrics with nitros. Garlands, Lost Creek and Reading all did it and we did not seem to have problems. The pit stops were done on an honor system which most people did not have a problem. Although those cars can put out those speeds, being able to put all that power down on the dirt is a different story. I think they are overpowered for most novice drivers.
correct...even really good drivers tend to over sqeeze the trigger.im all about running them together.
plus when i get my new js full mod motor in my 8 2.0 buggy....i dont think i could loose to a electric buggy.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm trying to understand, believe me I am.

Everyone agrees that the E-Scales performance is not at all like a Nitro Buggy. And while apparenlty everywhere I havent been this last year runs them together all the time, with no problems, no one, really likes it when they do.

But no worries, every E-Scale will immediately be placed in the expert Nitro 1/8 main class since there will only be 1 or 2 of them. And to top it off they can be bigger weapons than nitro 1/8 scales when driven by novices.

I thought you guys would be commending Rob for doing the right thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.