Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default sunday

Originally Posted by revoluv
I have got the track pretty much up to date. I spent the last 5 days weedeating grating and repainted the drivers stand brown.I will be cutting the hedges on the fence line tomorrow so we can hang our race banners. I will also be painting the fuel station ramp and be installing new faceboard so the track has shown much inprovment.
does this mean your coming?? and bringing your Monster trucks?

i would like to know if there will be 3 of us to run a class this sunday? anyone else?
been along time since i've raced my revo aganst just other mt's.

isaac
Old 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i think running 4wd mod is a blast.but i do not have one to run.and im definately not in any finincial way to purchase one...hell i dont even know how im gonna get gas for my car to last the rest of the week....lol

but i would love to watch some action though..
Old 08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Pictures

Well guys, I tried to get some pictures of track. I had the camera ready, drove to track and it started to pour down rain. I will get some tomorrow.

I will get my Monster truck ready if we need one more to run a class.
Is there at least two coming sunday?

I am running my buggy too.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Default .

Originally Posted by robwike
Well guys, I tried to get some pictures of track. I had the camera ready, drove to track and it started to pour down rain. I will get some tomorrow.

I will get my Monster truck ready if we need one more to run a class.
Is there at least two coming sunday?

I am running my buggy too.

I'll be there with my Revo,slash,probably the truggy, and my pit crew wife. lol
Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you guys planning to run 1/10 4WD regularly? Can't make it this week and I don't have a 4WD. But I have the 1/10 trucks ready and would like to switch to back to electric.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Matt, I have no problem with running consolidated electric until we have enough for separate classes. My mod truck is always ready to go!

I also got some pics of the track as I drove by it today.
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-dsc00021.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-dsc00022.jpg   ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-dsc00023.jpg  

Last edited by Ed237; 08-12-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ed237
I also got some pics of the track as I drove by it today.
How did you get your car up on the drivers stand to take those pictures? Damn, you are good!

Track looks nice! Maybe I can start running every other week soon but not this weekend. I'll probably be horrible when I return.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

yes the track does look awesome...looking forward to coming back and making a comeback...lata
Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Default track

is the awsome triple gone? am i seeing that right?

looking forward to sunday
Old 08-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
is the awsome triple gone? am i seeing that right?

looking forward to sunday
good looking at those pics isaac.i didnt even notice that.but yea i would say its gone...either way im looking forward to making it there sometime.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default track

Thanks for the good feedback on the track. Rob and I have been at it for weeks and it is finally coming together. We did put the wooden tabletop back on the track so sunday should be interesting.I have a savage xl,and a TMaxx, 4.60 MGT,a mini MGT and a Revo but unfortunatly I will be in Illinuois this weekend so Im hoping we can have a monster truck race on every raceday.I also want to get a chance to meet members and regulars.Goodluck on sunday guys and have fun.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Default well that stinks

Originally Posted by revoluv
Thanks for the good feedback on the track. Rob and I have been at it for weeks and it is finally coming together. We did put the wooden tabletop back on the track so sunday should be interesting.I have a savage xl,and a TMaxx, 4.60 MGT,a mini MGT and a Revo but unfortunatly I will be in Illinuois this weekend so Im hoping we can have a monster truck race on every raceday.I also want to get a chance to meet members and regulars.Goodluck on sunday guys and have fun.

was looking forward to racing mt with ya.

ah well maybe somewhere sometime this year we'll have an mt race lol
Old 08-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Track

The triple as you guys remember it, is gone. We are working a design to incorporate it differently. Whoops, moguls and sharks teeth are coming. Possibly even an elevation change if I can find some dirt from somewhere.

Drainage is/was a huge issue, which we are correcting.

As Jim said, the table top is back on the track. It will add something to the design. Driver stand was gray, recently changed to brown. Reason for this, hides foot prints and makes sponsor board and Logo boards stand out much better.

Speaking of sponsors, if any of you know any one interested in being a sponsor of " Altoona Raceway ". Please contact me.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. The Timing shed will be raised off the ground. It will make it much easier to "call" the race. Off to one side of the new shed/tower will be accomodations for Brent and anyone else that may attend in the future.

Something to think about also. I want to start a Woman/Girl class. We need to get some female racers involved at the track.

We are also going to run a float in a parade in Hollidaysburg. Details to follow.

I'm looking for Race banners too. Maybe some of you have Losi, Mugen or any other factory banners. I would like to hang them on the fence along the end of the track.

More soon.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Smile Girllllllls

Rob, I have sent a letter out to associated,losi,traxxas,ofna,mugen,jammin(ofna),os engines,odonell racing to see if they could either sell us at a discount price or donate the banners to us because I told them that we are the new owners of the Altoona Raceway and we would appreciate any help they could give us. I started cutting the hedges along the fence line but I realized that I was cutting vines of poison ivy without my shirt on (lol) so I stopped. We will have to get hand shears or a generater to run my pair of hedge clippers. As far as getting the girls involved rob, I think thats a great idea because my wife loves to run my 1/12th CRT.5 and my daughter also wants to race so I think thats a great idea.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

We need a sportsman/novice class in general,would be good for female/male children and adults alike. JMHO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.