Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
After close annalization of track surface and looking at the weather forecast for predicted temps, barometric pressure and humidity....... I have already decided on a tire choice for Sundays main.
I also have decided on a tire choice for sunday, after careful consideration I have decided to use round tires~
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default batterys

I would just like to say something about the battery thing, if i may, and i hope it proves uplifting to both lipo, and nimh guys.

This past saturday was my first race day ever running a lipo battery (slash spec) and i was realy excited at it's preformance, as said in previos posts, the power doesnt fall off like my nimh's do, or "dump" as qwick, and the fact that it ran longer was something else. and i like the not having to let it cool off to charge ect.

now,, with that all said, i also remember coming to altoona earlyer this season for the 1st time at the track, and also the first time racing slash offroad, and i recal i won my main, it was a b main, but i won, and i and one other guy were the only ones running nimh's. everyone else had lipos.

So basicly i feel lipos are easyer to own, and maybe a bit nicer, im not so sure there absolutly an advantage. however, i know a 7 cell would be.

i hope to see you guys this sunday there, if i can manage to get someone to cover my"on call" at work.

Isaac
Old 07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

got a slash ran it in the winter just trying to figure out what to do with the JRXS type R also when the team losi strike releases i will have a slash for sale
Old 07-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

hey matt give me a call
Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
After close annalization of track surface and looking at the weather forecast for predicted temps, barometric pressure and humidity....... I have already decided on a tire choice for Sundays main.
You better hope to god you pick something that'll out run a couple Mugens! Lmao!!!!!

Tell Keith I'm kinda stealing his screen name..........reversed.........X2KILLER!!!:weird :
Old 07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by audio18man
got a slash ran it in the winter just trying to figure out what to do with the JRXS type R also when the team losi strike releases i will have a slash for sale

Nathan, good to hear from you! Hope all is well, and hope to see you on Sunday!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Brad all is well man Hope all is well with you as well i am planning on making the race sunday but i do not know if i can get call traded for this weekend. at what time is the race?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Brad all is well man Hope all is well with you as well i am planning on making the race sunday but i do not know if i can get call traded for this weekend. at what time is the race?
I believe 1:00, shed will open at 11:30. Fast Ed and I are planning on being there earlier to help Rob with his first official race day. Again, good to hear from you, and hope to see you there!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
I also have decided on a tire choice for sunday, after careful consideration I have decided to use round tires~
Brent, let's put dozer tracks on your scooter.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

hey matt give me a call
nathan,
hey whats up man?
i dont have those numbers anymore.give me a pm with them and i will get ahold of you sometime.

lata
Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Update

Howdy all,

I just wanted to let everyone know, they are coming tomorrow to take care of the restroom. Track is shaping up well, made a few adjustments today. It looks like 1/8th buggy will be around 30 to 32 seconds per lap. Track will certainly test your throttle control and track presence. Not to mention, we have probably removed 1/4 ton of goonies from track surface.

So far, we have ran a buggy, MTs(1/8th and 1/10th), truggie, and a mod buggy briefly on the new layout. Very vehicle friendly for all.

There will also be trash cans now. Cinder blocks will no longer be allowed up on driver's stand. You may bring your own step stool to stand, but you are responsible to take it down after each race. And also take it home at the close of each race day.

It seems like I am throwing alot out there each time I post. Don't be alarmed. We will begin to have driver meetings prior to beginning each race day. In the meantime, as you are sitting at home until Sunday, grab some notebook paper. Start writing down ideas, complaints, general thoughts and bring them with you on Sunday. I, personally will go through every one of them. Please include your name and contact info on the paper. This info will not be released to anyone, your complaints will not be held against you either. My reason for requesting the contact info, is so if I have a question about something you wrote, I can check with you. I will provide a paper with my contact info on Sunday to all racers. All I ask is, please respect a 9pm cut off time for your phone calls. I'm also not always able to answer while I am at work (7am to 4pm). Feel free to leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great day on Tuesday everyone, I will keep you updated.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Matt

Hey Matt, how is your son?

Do you think you will be here Sunday?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Brent, let's put dozer tracks on your scooter.
Im all for it, you fabricate them and ill put em on!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll be there Sunday with a Slash and 1/8 Buggy if I can get it running right. I'll have it there either way and maybe someone can help me get it tuned...that Kyosho really does want to race!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Im all for it, you fabricate them and ill put em on!!!
Word! I will put a call into Stritty to see if he can make some killer aluminum tracks!

Jharing, I hope to be over there early on Sunday, maybe I could give you a hand. Does the motor need tuned?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.