Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

I got in to my first A-Main with my BMI but then I broke ahh maaaan! Oh-well, I still had fun! I got 4th in 19t (C Main) Ouch but i think there was E Main so...
Old 01-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Ya Baby

Kevin your BMI was dialed today and you looked good out there! With over 50 entries in 19T you kicked butt brow!

BMI keep it up!

Mark Barden also dominated with his BMI!!!!

Good racing today guys and way to represent BMI!!!!

Peace...
John G
Track Director
Old 01-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BMI Xray, rocks! First time running it today, it took a little set-up change but nothing to crazy. The car is very FLOWING and smooth...I will post my set-up tomorrow...Thanks Jason for the fast service!

Jason,
Drop me a line [email protected]

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited by wannabee; 01-26-2004 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Evreyone:

Fatbear:

Gald to hear you did well eith the B.M.I. chassis at the New Zealand Nats.
for mod motors we always run alumium diffs. I really like the RRP diffs but I think they quit making them. next is the Hardcore diffs. the work really well but you might have to grind a little on your diff cases as they are a little thicker on the short end where the diff gear fits and they might rub on the cases here. IRS diffs are ok I have a couple that I will run but I don't like how you bdon't have a recess for the diff nut like the hardcore ones do. Niftech diffs are really nice but a little pricey. I also run lightened steel diffs. these are by far the heavist of all.......... but they are almost buttetproof. even 7x1's on carpet don't even phase them.
Dynos:

gee. I could go on forever on this subject. I have a Fantom and a Turbo Dyno 45. I use both for different reasons TD 45 for load/eff readings. and the fantom for rpm/watts/and sometimes gearing.
seeing that you run mod you might want a TD45. you can program your own amp/torque/rpm settings (or use the default ones). I mostly use the Fantom for stock (that's what we mostly race).with the new windows program it's even better. I have used a axle speed formula to help with gearing on the TD 45 and it works well in most cases.
Fantoms are easy to get as they are still being made. TD 45's are harder to come by (Ebay) or sell forms if your lucky.

pballkid:

the setup I posted works well on med to high grip carpet tracks. if the rear wants to slide out just change back to the "R" block in the rear. my son likes his cars to rotate hard in the corners so I will run a body that will help him with this. (Losi Lexus) Losi Alfa works well with this setup and is a touch loose in the rear. either the 2.0 or the Mazda6 will smooth everything out and make it feel more netural.

we had a off day of racing............not really sure what was goiing on but Mini ended up in the B........he won it.

I'm off to the dungeon....gotts see if I can figure out whats up with Mini's car...(or maybe it's just me)

Thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Ya Baby

Originally posted by RCJohnny
Kevin your BMI was dialed today and you looked good out there! With over 50 entries in 19T you kicked butt brow!

BMI keep it up!

Peace...
John G
Track Director
Thanks John!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

You know you guys missed me, Sorry Jason, Sunday morning I decided that I need a break so I spent time with my cousin. Sounds like you uys had fun though. Sean hope you get better quick b/c your gonna be sick again when I lay the smackdown next week!!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Ya Baby

Originally posted by RCJohnny

BMI keep it up!

Peace...
John G
Track Director
That was also my first official race with my BMI not bad!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Ya Baby

Originally posted by Rowdy Racer
That was also my first official race with my BMI not bad!
hey kevin!!.. your car looked good out there for you 1st offical race with that chassis.. Its about time you came out to play.. but understandable (work).. hope you come out again...... see ya at the track..
Old 01-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey MB,did you get your parts yet?also,i could find the pic on that website.where is it?
Old 01-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default no stuff..

Originally posted by protc3
hey MB,did you get your parts yet?also,i could find the pic on that website.where is it?
I think it may have got lost or something.. the pic is on www.racingrccars.com when it comes up double click on the picture and thats me..
Old 01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

also chk the track locator thread and scroll through.. for pic..on page 2
Old 01-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

i will get the tracking number tomorrow and check on it for you.i will let you know whats going on buddy
Old 01-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

i will get the tracking number tomorrow and check on it for you.i will let you know whats going on buddy
hey i need some braces for some of the guys out here .. and also some chassis.. they like black...let me know..
Old 01-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Lord

damn dude,sweet paint job
Old 01-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

damn dude,sweet paint job
thanks every thing is paint.. just 2 stickers one on the wing and my name on the windshield

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.