Wiki Posts
Search

Any abc hobby mini genetic user here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ekmage
yo bro!!! so u decide on ur mini yet? so ur really retiring ur MRR?
Got Active Hobby A210 under construction

As for the Genetic (and all similar layout Minis) you'll find that the car's left and right side is not very weight balanced. If you use NiMH batteries, weigh it, and then weigh the motor, esc, receiver combo together. You'll then notice that the battery side of the car is heavier than the side with the motor.

Lipos are much lighter so I think the weight difference goes the other way.

Last edited by dinorider; 11-24-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dinorider
Got Active Hobby A210 under construction

As for the Genetic (and all similar layout Minis) you'll find that the car's left and right side is not very weight balanced. If you use NiMH batteries, weigh it, and then weigh the motor, esc, receiver combo together. You'll then notice that the battery side of the car is heavier than the side with the motor.

Lipos are much lighter so I think the weight difference goes the other way.
wow active hobby!!! exp car!!! haha hope to see u at BK soon hehe
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Wife and I brought one genetic each.
Hope we got the correct RC Car, we are both noobs so would have lots of crashes in the coming days.

See you guys on the track
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snappyD
Hope we got the correct RC Car, we are both noobs so would have lots of crashes in the coming days.

Hi bro,

not to worry so much... parts are on its way... ABC original parts will be coming in 1st and follow by 3rd party parts to provide a more economic option...

thanks bro...
Old 11-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

silverdreamz, your shop got website or not? I have a genetic, and i tink it'll be easier to buy parts local than wait for shippment. However, woodlands a bit too far for me to pop by....

In the meantime, what parts you have?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snappyD

hi bro welcome to the hobby hehe finally another lady playing rc.. hehe my gf and vince gf are playing RC too. hope too find more khakis for them.. see u at the track man =)
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyperscorpic
silverdreamz, your shop got website or not? I have a genetic, and i tink it'll be easier to buy parts local than wait for shippment. However, woodlands a bit too far for me to pop by....

ya man i want ABC shells too.. hehe
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Hi bro, we are in process of building our site... thanks for the kind understanding...

we had ordered full parts of genetic from ABC hobby and shipment expected to arrived in SIN during Dec... Let me know if you need anything urgently, we can work it out... Feel free to pm or sms me...

Thanks...
Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by silverdreamz
Hi bro, we are in process of building our site... thanks for the kind understanding...

we had ordered full parts of genetic from ABC hobby and shipment expected to arrived in SIN during Dec... Let me know if you need anything urgently, we can work it out... Feel free to pm or sms me...

Thanks...
would u happen to have a e-version of the genetic manual? would love to hv a look at the build first b4 buying ..
Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by silverdreamz

Thanks...
Alamak...I order my parts from RCMart last week. If I had seen this sooner, would have ordered from you.
Nvm, next time I want any genetic part, I check with you first. BTW, if u got any good hopup part for genetic, let me know. If got metal chassis I first to buy le (so long not more than $100)
Old 11-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ouan2308
would u happen to have a e-version of the genetic manual? would love to hv a look at the build first b4 buying ..
yes bro... we are working on it now... =)
Old 11-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Alamak...I order my parts from RCMart last week. If I had seen this sooner, would have ordered from you.
Nvm, next time I want any genetic part, I check with you first. BTW, if u got any good hopup part for genetic, let me know. If got metal chassis I first to buy le (so long not more than $100)
lol... no problem bro... thanks for considering us...

ok will let u know again... =)
Old 11-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Haha I suffered from the same problem!

Didn't know ABC now has a local dist., went to buy an A210SS from RCmart!

If I found out earlier that ABC Genetic is now sold in SG with full parts support I would have bought the Genetic instead.

Bro silverdreamz, you need to be more aggressive in your advertising, many people here know that the Genetic is good, just don;t know where to get!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Here's a link to the manual for the genetic online...

Its for the colt, but the chassis is basically the same for any body shell...
Old 11-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dinorider
Haha I suffered from the same problem!

Didn't know ABC now has a local dist., went to buy an A210SS from RCmart!

If I found out earlier that ABC Genetic is now sold in SG with full parts support I would have bought the Genetic instead.

Bro silverdreamz, you need to be more aggressive in your advertising, many people here know that the Genetic is good, just don;t know where to get!
Hi bro,

Thanks for the suggestion. When our full stock has arrived, then we will be advertising it... As you might understand, we started off from a humble background, hence we would like to be more conservative... =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.