Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CDS70
I don't think the the G4S RTR will take a pull start motor? Could be wrong though!
G4S RTR is a full race car, not a sports model pull start car
Old 12-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well, I guess I spoke too early in my previous post about fixing my radio glitching issues. They came back with their friends to ensure that I could not even start the final, let alone complete qualifying.

So, all in all, it turned out to be a pretty ordinary weekend. Now I have to wait until february for the start of the season again!

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What's the difference between the G4 RTR and the G4S RTR???
Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
Well, I guess I spoke too early in my previous post about fixing my radio glitching issues. They came back with their friends to ensure that I could not even start the final, let alone complete qualifying.

So, all in all, it turned out to be a pretty ordinary weekend. Now I have to wait until february for the start of the season again!

Cheers,

Mike.
i thaught you had engine probs Mike. i saw you swapping the TZ for the WASP. By the sound of the TZ when it came in wasnt too good, TIZ was screaming Lean. My motor was strong all weekend, but the faulty oneway letme down 3 laps into the final. so i was dissapointed, i would have liked to have done better, but 5th with a bad car was promising i suppose. but thats racing. i too will have to wait till feb as well.

on another note, i took offence to that little smart remark after Liam thanked me, i never asked for him to do it. wasnt happy.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

on the caster side of things, on the saturday, i did try the solid front axle. in practice i had no shims in front of the top arms. the turn in was good but lacked on power steering. i did change the caster to 2 shims in front of the arm, and i did not loose any turn in at all, and the onpower steering was much better. but i found no teeth on the front belt at the end of the day. thats why i tried the oneway again on the sunday.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

We had a similar problem with a customers car ,he kept stripping the front belt.we finally figured out that the middle mount was not right.
With hes mount in place the belt was loose and needed tension ,swapped out the mount for my old one and bingo no hassle.
Looks like there might be a problem with some of the middle mounts or he had a prang that damaged it.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Patto,

The TZ was ok in the end. I only swapped it out to see if there was a noisy bearing causing my radio issues. I have pulled all the electronics from the car tonight and there isn't anything obvious. I'll rewire everything during the break and see how we go.

It's a shame Brent is moving up to 1/8th next year. I guess he'll do the big meetings in tourer but he's going to run 1/8th for the club days. Thems the breaks I guess. I was enjoying the competition/rivalry towards the end of this year. Good close racing.

As for the comment from Liam, I wouldn't sweat it. I sincerely doubt they were Liam's words anyway.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

on the belt issue Razzor, i believe it was my fault after checking the tires, the split had come back to same front and rear size. running the new ED trans , i started at 1.8 mm split. but tire wear was the culprit i think. i have one of the faulty one ways in the new trans, i had run that belt for 5 meets with out a problem. as soon as i locked the front that was it. the car was better for a while before the loctite gave way in the housing. i just couldnt get on power with any cinfidence. sometimes it was ok and sometimes the car just did a 180. frustrating and unpredictable.believe me i had my heart in my mouth every time one of the top 4 drivers came through , i didnt want to spinout infront of anyone. luckily there were no probs but some very close calls.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Patto,

As for the comment from Liam, I wouldn't sweat it. I sincerely doubt they were Liam's words anyway.

Cheers,

Mike.
it was your comment that was the problem. may be you have forgotten what you said
Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

If you're talking about me saying that 'he earned it' then I'm sorry for trying to give some encouragement to a 9 year old kid in a club that has dwindling numbers.

If I'd known you get upset that easily I wouldn't have been sledging you for the past half a season. I'll carefully consider my words in future to try and consider your feelings so you don't get upset.

He must have driven pretty well though. I don't think we see 17 laps in sports class very often, and he's done it on several occasions.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

sorry Mike, but they werent the words you used 'he earned it' i think the words went along the lines of ' its ok Liam , you would have beaten him anyway ' ! im definately not saying he didnt earn it. and i wish he hadnt thanked me for moving up. i did it for my own reasons. but i also had in mind that young Liam would rise to the occasion and take the title out, i was one of the first to shake his hand and congratulate him. i said this to his dad 2 meets before the state titles. but back to what you said. i suppose you could take it all kinds of ways. 1, he might have pushed me harder in that class. 2, im not as good a driver, after winning 7 on the trot. 3, you just wanted to spark up a new rivalry for next year ? maybe i should buy a Kilo of salt and keep it in my pit box for whenever i need it ? but the way i took it, was that you were actually putting me down. several people came up to me later and questioned the comment. so i guess with all that salt i have now, dont hold back
Old 12-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

You're right, there are a lot of ways to take it. The way I meant it was that you set a benchmark for the others to follow. I think he has become very fast in that class and would certainly have given you a run for your money. So in a backhanded way it was more of a compliment to your achievements in that class. Maybe a backhanded compliment but a compliment nonetheless.

What's the salt for? I know sumo wrestlers throw salt before a stoush. Are you calling me fat now?

As for rivalries, dude I hope you do step it up a notch and be a bit more consistently fast. I've seen you prove you can post the times when everything goes your way.

But next time you're upset and 'some of the others come to you' about something I said, why not ask me on the day rather than on the internet. I'm pretty sure you know by now that I'm open to normal conversation as well.

Anyhow, it's bed time.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

What's the salt for? I know sumo wrestlers throw salt before a stoush. Are you calling me fat now?

But next time you're upset and 'some of the others come to you' about something I said, why not ask me on the day rather than on the internet. I'm pretty sure you know by now that I'm open to normal conversation as well.

Anyhow, it's bed time.

Cheers,

Mike.
i think its the phrase, take it with a grain of salt ? or something like that. just exaggerated maybe the amount of salt i need . as i will need it for a whole year as for Fat ? thats one thing i think im infront as it was a long hot day, i think you had already left, and i was busy keeping up the amber fluids. im still catching up on the hour of sleep missed on the sunday, so yes we agree its bed time !
Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

The G4 RTR is a ready to run kit that includes radio, engine, servos, pipe, etc... basically everything inside the car that you would need to get it on the track.

The G4S (not G4S RTR) is the kit version of the G4 and is only a rolling chassis - (does not include engine, pipe, radio, servos, etc...) and will require lots of assembly time and a bag of crystal meth.

I started off with the G4 RTR and started upgrading it piece by piece. I now have a G4S (she's a little flatter than most stock G4's) and will be purchasing a G4S kit and a novarossi plus 3 very soon.

Out of the box, the G4 RTR is absolutely amazing. If you're running with a group of sports nitro's and pull start RTR's... the G4 RTR will smoke them all, guaranteed.*

*driver skill not included in 'smoke them all' equation.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

G4S RTR is the later (better) kit that is just starting to find the shops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.