Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkseid
You mean these G4 Real Racing Brake Pads

For $27+shipping(Raceday Hobbies), I would hope "thats all I need".

So no new brake disc needed, just those?...okay, I'm willing to to try it if it means no more brake fade.
I'm running the Kyosho version of those pads ('cos I had them left over in spares box, but not using springs) with the Kfactory vented disk and can still lock the wheels after 15 minute final.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its just been confirmed that with our last win, we manged to win the UK championship with 2 rounds to go !

Thanks to Team Magic for making a great car, and to all those who contribute on here to move it forward.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats Muppet Racing ,awesome driving and consistancy deserves rewards.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Its just been confirmed that with our last win, we manged to win the UK championship with 2 rounds to go !

Thanks to Team Magic for making a great car, and to all those who contribute on here to move it forward.
So that makes:
2004 UK IC Rubber Champion
2005 UK IC Touring Champion
2006 UK IC Touring Champion
... and still no offers to get you to the worlds?

ps. I don't miss you at the club, 'cos while your away I can win
Old 07-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

I think with the reputation given to TeamMagic products by Darrens commitment to thier product ,he should have factory support let alone backing from CML Distribution.
I chose TM products after reading about Darren winning the Rubber champs and the look of the car was the nail in the coffin.Been slobbering for 2 years and finally have one.
Keep it up Darren !!!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks NiMo, razzor,

errr and 2002 UK IC Rubber champ (seems like a long time ago now !),

Slow took some video at Tibby, so we shall have to pester him to get it on 3Hobby !
Old 07-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

I should also say that due to Darren's help to other G4 runners, he has now got 80% of my club running them, be it Evo/RTR/S.
And some of those were dedicated Kyosho / Mugen runners
(poor snake drivers have still not seen the light)
Old 07-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Thanks NiMo, razzor,

errr and 2002 UK IC Rubber champ (seems like a long time ago now !),

Slow took some video at Tibby, so we shall have to pester him to get it on 3Hobby !
Well done again muppet racing, fantastic record with the G4 E-Class and the G4S ... I agree with NiMo that if TM do not sponsor you to the Worlds then its a big mistake on their part.

Yes, will start doing the video tomorrow night onwards ... am still recovering from the race!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well done Daz! Magnificent effort.

I'll add my 2 cents worth to Daz's resume of encouraging TM products around the world. He's even visited here twice to have a go and lend a hand. The one thing I can say about Darren is that when it comes to the cars, he keeps no secrets to himself.

I wouldn't be the state title holder or the qualifying record holder without his input and I know that other G4/G4S cars wouldn't have been sold in this state without the knowledge that Darren is there to help.

I can see the red team or the slippery guys courting Daz's services if TM doesn't get on board soon. I know they have a policy of 'no factory drivers' but I'm sure they could bend the rules for an exceptional asset to the bottom line of their business.

Through the success of the on road cars, I've got guys queueing up to get the new 1/8th buggy as soon as it pops out.

Send Daz to the worlds!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiMo
I'm running the Kyosho version of those pads ('cos I had them left over in spares box, but not using springs) with the Kfactory vented disk and can still lock the wheels after 15 minute final.
Well its good to know that its worth it to buy them. I do plan to use the springs though. I had a nitro buggy a while back that used springs between the pads and it worked great. I could never figure out why nitro sedans never used them.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Team Phenix drivers Brian Berry and Bobby Flack qualified 1 and 2 at the Midwest Series Chicago race this weekend and finished in the same respective order. Congrats to Brian and Bobby.
Brian finished 3 laps up.

ASW are you using the new black gears?
Razzor: Having some axial teething pains, the construction is great I just need to get it to run like I want it to.
Yes, I'm using black gears.

Two G4S drivers get into 2nd gear stripping problems.

Thank God I never get stripping gear problem ever.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

has anyone changed all their belt pulleys to hard coated one? i m planning to get them changed to K-Factory, but i think they dun have 19T for rear side pulley.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by uniquexme
has anyone changed all their belt pulleys to hard coated one? i m planning to get them changed to K-Factory, but i think they dun have 19T for rear side pulley.
I change to hard coated 20T brake pulley and rear side pulley.

Top speed is faster.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
Yes, I'm using black gears.

Two G4S drivers get into 2nd gear stripping problems.

Thank God I never get stripping gear problem ever.
I have 1 24T Kfactory pinion, does nothing but strip gears in under 5 minutes, tried another one and have since run 2 meeting with no gear wear, so if you're too stripping gears then I'm wondering if Kfactory released a duff batch?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NiMo
I have 1 24T Kfactory pinion, does nothing but strip gears in under 5 minutes, tried another one and have since run 2 meeting with no gear wear, so if you're too stripping gears then I'm wondering if Kfactory released a duff batch?
I don't know...... , but I'm using Kfactory 20 & 25 pinions without problem. I suspect gear mesh problem that would result in stripping gear. Make sure you add all the shims inside the bell ( between clutch spring's locknut and bearing ) and leave the gap or play to minimum for the clutch bell.

The best gear mesh I think is 19 & 25 with stock spur gears. Every gear's tooth seems to match perfectly.

Last edited by asw7576; 07-25-2006 at 10:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.