Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Finally, someone understands the point of my previous posts. Really don't want to purchase parts that don't need to be replaced.
Im confused??? How can you say that it is a waste of money when in time your thrust bearings and diff balls and washers will eventually wear to the point you would need to replace them.

Now LOGIC would tell you while buying all the parts to make up a diff would cost more than the diff itself.

I just don't see how you would save money when you need to replace the additional parts later!!

Regards,
Old 06-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Also, If it were to be that someone were to happen to break or bend an outdrive during a race day, He could quite easily swap a good diff for one that was in need of repair. and wouldn't that be nice to just reach and grab up that good-ole spare.
AND along those same lines, if one were to decide to part with thier beloved Xray, They would be more apt to git a better [price with spares such as a diff.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

nexusracing.net also carries a lot of parts and offers express shipping..
Old 06-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mongo
I have called several Hobby Shops in the US, from Sheldons in Cali to the on in Florida that is always at the SnowBirds (can't think of their name right now). I can not find anyone that stocks Xray parts. I need the following parts and wanted to get them over nighted or atleast priority mailed...

Swaybar kits
Shims
White Springs
Weights
And prices on 1 degree rear hubs

Can someone give me the name and number of a shop that is stocking T2 optional parts?
Yeah, I think that Nexus Racing has all that stuff in stock, including the weights:
http://nexusracing.net/index.php?cPath=38
Old 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex C
Im confused??? How can you say that it is a waste of money when in time your thrust bearings and diff balls and washers will eventually wear to the point you would need to replace them.

Now LOGIC would tell you while buying all the parts to make up a diff would cost more than the diff itself.

I just don't see how you would save money when you need to replace the additional parts later!!

Regards,
You are correct to a point. If you were so unlucky as to bend a couple of outdrives in a short period of time, you'd all of a sudden spent money on a bunch of duplicate parts. I agree that one extra diff is a good thing to have on hand, but do you really need 2 or 3 more in your pit box? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy the T2 I have, I just wish that the parts were a bit more readily available where I race. I know that that is not X-ray's problem though. I also wish that they'd sell you certain parts and not "combo" them with others that you may or may not need (like outdrives).
Old 06-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

like hot bodies with the cyclone.every time you break a steering knuckle,you have to buy that steering knuckle and a rear hub.i have about 6 rear hubs now
Old 06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex C

Regards,
While I agree that it is a good idea to have a spare diff, (easy fix on race day) I also believe that you should be able to repair the one you already have without buying the whole thing. And for those who replace the stock thrusts and diff balls with ceramic, it doesn't do much good to have extra parts that you didn't need to buy, just so you can get an extra 10 bucks on resale.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
like hot bodies with the cyclone.every time you break a steering knuckle,you have to buy that steering knuckle and a rear hub.i have about 6 rear hubs now
Gotta love HPI. Oops, I mean Hot Bodies.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah,its a little nuts.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default Ashford Hobby- Best selection of Xray, Hudy, Serpent and Mugen parts!

Does somebody say they need T2 parts? Give Robert over at http://www.Ashfordhobby.com a call. He's open till 9pm eastern time and should have parts out to you by the weekend.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
While I agree that it is a good idea to have a spare diff, (easy fix on race day) I also believe that you should be able to repair the one you already have without buying the whole thing. And for those who replace the stock thrusts and diff balls with ceramic, it doesn't do much good to have extra parts that you didn't need to buy, just so you can get an extra 10 bucks on resale.
EXACTLY!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
You are correct to a point. If you were so unlucky as to bend a couple of outdrives in a short period of time, you'd all of a sudden spent money on a bunch of duplicate parts. I agree that one extra diff is a good thing to have on hand, but do you really need 2 or 3 more in your pit box? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy the T2 I have, I just wish that the parts were a bit more readily available where I race. I know that that is not X-ray's problem though. I also wish that they'd sell you certain parts and not "combo" them with others that you may or may not need (like outdrives).
I can see your point........best of luck!!!

Regards,

Alex C
Old 06-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In regards to the broken outdrives, I beleave I was the first one on this forum to report this problem, as the c-hubs would break, the drive shaft would pop out and mangle the outdrive. I took the problem to Xray, and they told me they did not sell the outdrives seperate, so i would have to buy the entire diff (F*cking stupid), so i went ahead and bought, the spring steel diff, for a couple extra bucks. That was months ago, and I'm surprised they havin't fixed this issue yet
Old 06-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

A couple of new T2 Tips added:

XRAY T2 Tips & Tricks

Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
A couple of new T2 Tips added:

XRAY T2 Tips & Tricks

NICE! Thanks Nexus....and keep 'em coming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.