TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:51 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to grab the first post here so I can update with info as it becomes available. More info to come shortly, probably tomorrow AM.

We do have one of our long videos coming first thing in the morning that will address the new car in full detail, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Link to the new car page - http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...6#prodOverview

Link to all new parts announced (replacement parts and optional parts) - http://www.tlracing.com/Search/Defau...=LatestRelease

Manual file, to check out the details - http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...nual-MULTI.pdf

Super Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkthhHMhebk

Build Photos - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6594021&type=3

Converting from a 2.0 - People keep asking for a conversion list to turn their 22 2.0's into 22 3.0's. This list covers all of the mandatory parts, but assumes the racer will already have the bell cranks kit and skips on the new front king pins and axles.
IMO - At $255, I've definiely pay the extra $75 to get a fully new car with brand new diff/CVA/slipper assemblies, bearings, plastics, ball cups, turnbuckles full hardware, etc. Just my $.02

Thanks!
Frank

Last edited by Frank Root; 11-06-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Cant wait! Alrdy told local shop i need one. Lol
Old 11-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sweet as. :-) Can't wait for the full release information.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jorgen
Sweet as. :-) Can't wait for the full release information.
Here you go http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=TLR03006

Last edited by Sc Sandman; 11-04-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sc Sandman
Looks good, but the HDS slipper is exactly the same... was really hoping for an update, at least to the spring.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Love my B5M but this fixed all the issues keeping me from.trging a 22 2.0 now that it's so adjustable without buying extra stuff.

Tempting...
Old 11-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hoping some of the parts have backwards compatibility. Ill be looking forward to tomorrow
Old 11-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here you go ...[/url]
Wow, that looks amazing. I've only just bought my v2 too... For 17.5T spec racing.

I'm completely new to the hobby, but I just know that I want it. Perhaps the V3 could be a great one for the mod class? Am wondering how common it is for people to have both.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jorgen
Wow, that looks amazing. I've only just bought my v2 too... For 17.5T spec racing.

I'm completely new to the hobby, but I just know that I want it. Perhaps the V3 could be a great one for the mod class? Am wondering how common it is for people to have both.
If you race at Keilor come see me I will help you out and give you as much advice as you want, there's a few good Tlr stock drivers their currently and we all work together.

Kyle Sanders
Old 11-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you race at Keilor come see me I will help you out and give you as much advice as you want, there's a few good Tlr stock drivers their currently and we all work together.

Kyle Sanders
Thanks Kyle, fantastic - that's awesome! Yep just signed up there just over a month ago and have visited the track a couple of times. The RTR brushed HSP isn't quite up to the task of driving that track, so that's why the v2 is underways. Spending a bit of time in VRC Pro meanwhile.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

pre-order is up on Horizon!! Just preordered the kit, chassis sheets and the alloy NORMAL nut style front axles.
Hope "early Dec" is accurate because this car looks amazing. More traditional 3 gear MM style chassis but it looks like it flat out works. Also LOVING bringing back VLA, at least on the front.

Frank, is the rear of the body held on with button head screws at it appears to my eyes or am i seeing things?

Last edited by d16dcoe45; 11-05-2015 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Frank, nice job with the latest version. Looks really good.

Will it be possible to convert my 2.0 to the 3.0, or will it cost so much that it would be better to buy new? Mostly interested in the 3 gear tranny.

I always wondered why the insert method was not used on the rear assembly. Nice to see incorporated now.

The rear adjustable camber block and VLA front arms are pretty cool.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I see that the rear of the chassis is different. I'm guessing the new transmissions won't bolt up to the older chassis?
Old 11-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not many parts will interchange. Which some will like some won't. New transmission case and design will not bolt in 2.0 from looks of it.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Can't wait...already placed my pre-order

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.