Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best F1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

I think that brings up the point, if your new to F1, the best car is the car you can get parts for the easiest!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Haven't had any issue bending the rear axle on my SP-1 either with the stock axle.
Maybe you have not and that is excellent , but to really confirm what I said I just read the SP LM1 thread and others are so like I said in the previous post it is happening to F1 's NO matter the brand
Old 08-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bd581
I think that brings up the point, if your new to F1, the best car is the car you can get parts for the easiest!
Very true and with that I'll leave this thread to its own devises
Old 08-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
Maybe you have not and that is excellent , but to really confirm what I said I just read the SP LM1 thread and others are so like I said in the previous post it is happening to F1 's NO matter the brand
I don't really follow the LM1 thread so I haven't seen that...but in the SP-1 thread there has been very little mention of people having that issue. Any F1 is prone to axle damage due to the open wheel nature but bending the stock steel axles is usually pretty hard to do on any car. Typically you run into issues when you upgrade to the aluminum, titanium, fiberglass, or carbon axles. Heck back in my early pan car days running an RC10L I used to break at least 1 rear axle every race day. The track has a lot more to do with rear axles breaking than the brand of car. Wood barriers are notorious for bending or breaking axles while PVC pipe barriers, click track, or road rails are going to be a lot easier on axles.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

YOKOMO F1 is the best!

But seriously, find a car that has good parts support and others who are driving the same chassis for setup help.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I don't really follow the LM1 thread so I haven't seen that...but in the SP-1 thread there has been very little mention of people having that issue. Any F1 is prone to axle damage due to the open wheel nature but bending the stock steel axles is usually pretty hard to do on any car. Typically you run into issues when you upgrade to the aluminum, titanium, fiberglass, or carbon axles. Heck back in my early pan car days running an RC10L I used to break at least 1 rear axle every race day. The track has a lot more to do with rear axles breaking than the brand of car. Wood barriers are notorious for bending or breaking axles while PVC pipe barriers, click track, or road rails are going to be a lot easier on axles.
Exactly what I was saying without saying it, I was not saying it was the brand of car any car will brake if you hit shitte

If you crash and hit you break and bend that goes without saying, I suppose what I am saying is every car is prone to breakage, not any single one brand.

Cars these days are built as strong as possible but if they where bullet proof that company would go broke

Please dont take anything I say in the wrong context, I was just being as honest with everything as I could, say its a constructive discussion