Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
Think the seller is going to sell it? I have a nasty feeling that the price was a typo.....
Old 08-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

he has no choice, sell it or have his ebay account froze. And by the looks of it hes uses ebay quite a bit.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default BRUSHES

Are 767`s any good in a stocker
ie;;monster,p2k2pro
Are they just as good as putnams,4503,4499,
This is a loose based question,so take it with a pinch of salt
Old 08-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by donoman
I ran my Orion Stock Core today and was getting pulled on the straights by other guys. I ran a 100T spur and 37T rear. It was a long straight where I could reach max RPM.

Can someone tell me what gearing they use? It's very frustrating running a stock motor that nobody uses and not knowing the proper gearing to run.

I'm thinking about switching to a Fukuyama Mako or a Monster just because nobody runs this Orion Stock Core where I race!! Thanks, Donovan
Hey Donovan,it John hicks....Get a Monster or Mako and gear it 7.5 at Hobbytown and you will be all set.Way faster then the core will ever be.See you later!
Old 08-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Hey John,

Nice racing on Saturday, I really enjoyed watching you and Tsuruda mixing it up in both of those classes.

I'm trying to make due with what I got. I could pick up a new motor but that's 35$!
Old 08-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

hey guys , when using putnam brushes do you use the green and blues or green and green combo
Old 08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Yo Don! Hit me up the next time.I got one for you.No charge.
Yeah,Badboy and I have had many a battle.Saturday was a good one for sure in 19 turn. As far a Mini cooper,I OWN him in that one!
Old 08-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

yes you do, what I don't understand is how come everyone's car is fast than his on the back straight? Is that some kind of strategy of his to keep his motor running cooler? I like watching you guys race.

ps. thanks for the offer. I'm just wondering, how come nobody uses the Orion Stock Core? I was reading reviews on the internet and the guys really thought it was a hot motor?
Old 08-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

On a short track like rctech,the core would shine.The Hobbytown track is almost twice the size so the core can only be geared so much to try to keep up with the Monsters.If tuned correctly it can be close but not quite.

As far as Tsurudas mini,he always says he can beat people with substandard electronics and equipment in his Tamiya class cars{f201 and Mini}.In the Mini class he is a good driver but he always gets beat by drivers who are not even near as good as he is.His car is a thrown together.Not a good way to win races.All I will say is he will never beat me in mini no matter what he does.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Trinity monster stock suggestions?

I have a monster stock motor and I want to try to tune it differently. I still have the OEm springs and brushes. What springs and brushed would you recommend to try with this motor? Brand names and part numbers would be very helpful! Also, is there a tuning guide anywere that will help with these types of tuning Q's and also more info on comm cutting and such? I'm rather new to elec. racing but I have become very addicted! I'm in desperate need of more info! Thanks
Old 08-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

www.balakracing.com
Old 08-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Trinity monster stock suggestions?

Originally posted by j240z
I have a monster stock motor and I want to try to tune it differently. I still have the OEm springs and brushes. What springs and brushed would you recommend to try with this motor? Brand names and part numbers would be very helpful! Also, is there a tuning guide anywere that will help with these types of tuning Q's and also more info on comm cutting and such? I'm rather new to elec. racing but I have become very addicted! I'm in desperate need of more info! Thanks
Hey j240z,

Springs:
With your monster, keep the stock springs (red positive, green negative) because they are pretty good all around. But if it has been a while, you will want to change them because the heat, over time, changes their tensions. Generally, with the monster, if you are running on a big track, red and green will be fine, but tighter tracks like more torque, so go with heavier springs. Try Purple positive and Red negative. I almost always run that setup.

brushes:
I really like trinity 4499's. That has always been what I run...Until a few days ago! I tried out some Hurricane Gold Brushes, and was surprised at the outcome. They are probably my new favorite brush! Try either one, and you will be happy no matter what!

Comm Cutting:
Do you have a lathe? If so, and you don't know how to use it or have any questions about comm cutting at all, post on here and I'm sure it can be answered!

Hope all this helps,
Kevin
Old 08-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks, Kevin. That's great info. I'm going to order some springs and brushes. I don't have a comm lathe yet, I guess they come with instructions. I'm really leaning towards a Cobra comm lathe but I'm not 100% sure which one I'll end up getting. Is there a book or specific website that will help with tuning elec motors. Specifically comm diam size, as well as output results with different spring/brush combos....?
I got an Indi "Dyno" to do some experimenting myself too...
Old 08-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by j240z
Thanks, Kevin. That's great info. I'm going to order some springs and brushes. I don't have a comm lathe yet, I guess they come with instructions. I'm really leaning towards a Cobra comm lathe but I'm not 100% sure which one I'll end up getting. Is there a book or specific website that will help with tuning elec motors. Specifically comm diam size, as well as output results with different spring/brush combos....?
I got an Indi "Dyno" to do some experimenting myself too...
Actually, Balak's site, like DOMO gave you is pretty good about the maintenance. Unfortunatly, it doesn't go into motor tuning. I haven't really seen a motor tuning site (but haven't been looking...). Overall, with stock motors, you want HIGH amp draws. You can check this with your Indi Dyno. Run a stock motor at 3 Volts (after break-in) and see how many amps it draws. Shoot for at least 8 amps.

-Kevin
Old 08-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not always Kevin...high amp draw can mean crappy motor, bushing binding or not-well-seated brushes, too. I have a friend who's motors almost always draw 3-5 amps and they're always fast as sh%t.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.