Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by going4#1

UAlthough the car had little punch with the standard clutch settings, it had very good speed over a longer stretch and was able to out run most other competitors.
Try using .7-.8mm gap and about 10mm preload, play around with that until you get it right for your own style of driving.

C Verano, i know you said you tried the Blitz no.2 high speed body, pity it made the car too loose. Did you leave the rear body mount settings standard for that shell? Have you tried the newest no.3 body yet?
Old 02-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ian C
C Verano, i know you said you tried the Blitz no.2 high speed body, pity it made the car too loose. Did you leave the rear body mount settings standard for that shell? Have you tried the newest no.3 body yet?
I used it in the standard body mount position. I only had the chance to try the one.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

i run with blitz 530 since last year and i have no problem,the rear is ok...

i think they used this body at Messina...
Old 02-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C Verano
Good job on your first time out. What gearing are you using in first gear? If you are using the stock pinion and spur,you can get some extra rip out the corner by using either a 15-49 or a 16-50.
There was little time to play with gearing but I was able to sub the 48T for a 49T to give me a little more acceleration. The course had some very short length of track to navigate before hitting a long straight but it still wasn't enough for good punch. I'll try your combo and see how it goes.

The next race is on a big track though so I may need to change strategies again. The track is big enough to run out of fuel in less than 5 minutes. Looks like I'll need another 2031.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nefastseven
i run with blitz 530 since last year and i have no problem,the rear is ok...

i think they used this body at Messina...
Hmm yeah as far as i know Collari used the no.3 Blitz body there. obviously worked for him
Old 02-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Hmm yeah as far as i know Collari used the no.3 Blitz body there. obviously worked for him
RC Mushroom has a 3-pack on their site with all 3 of the Blitz bodies $72 before shipping. Might be a good chance for those looking to give all three a try before deciding on an appropriate body.

I'm using Kawahara now and it's not bad. I'm looking to try Kyosho as well. I'll need to test all 5 on one day to find the best one for me though. Finding a best all-round body is tough since the car's driving characteristics change as the tires get smaller.

I think if you're looking for the best body, testing multiple makes is probably the best strategy since handling often depends on driver preference and skill. I would test on the same day so conditions match as equally as possible. Fast bodies tend to be sensitive and require very delicate steering inputs. You can make very fast direction changes but the car is less forgiving and it requires more concentration. High traction bodies tend to understeer and are more forgiving (i.e. rear tends not to swing out) but you need to turn earlier to compensate for the added stability.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

so going4#1 how is the kawahara body is it a high down force or a netrul body . and what type of track are you testing on .
Old 02-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default bodies

I keep things pretty simple with the bodies. I always bring the Serpent EV3 and a Protoform Lola to the track. I always start off with an EV3 Lola and if I need less steering I switch to the Protoform.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmm cool, sounds good. Granted i havent driven with serpent long but the ev3 is the only shell ive run on it so far. Good to know that, thanks C Verano.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm cool, sounds good. Granted i havent driven with serpent long but the ev3 is the only shell ive run on it so far. Good to know that, thanks C Verano.
No problem.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by captian
so going4#1 how is the kawahara body is it a high down force or a netrul body . and what type of track are you testing on .
The body has more steering than the Protoform but not a huge amount more. Down force is good but I'd give it a neutral rating. The biggest difference with PF is it tends to crack less. On the downside, no stickers, no wing (I use the Mugen wing), and no stiffeners. It is cheaper than the PF in this area (US$23.00).

What does everyone else use for a wing? Mugen is good but expensive. Looking for a cheaper but equally effective alternative.

Last edited by going4#1; 02-28-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

I use the Serpent wing..

http://www.mytsn.com/products/imggal.asp?prid=4206#imgs
Old 03-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by going4#1
The body has more steering than the Protoform but not a huge amount more. Down force is good but I'd give it a neutral rating. The biggest difference with PF is it tends to crack less. On the downside, no stickers, no wing (I use the Mugen wing), and no stiffeners. It is cheaper than the PF in this area (US$23.00).

What does everyone else use for a wing? Mugen is good but expensive. Looking for a cheaper but equally effective alternative.
thanks i will try the evo3 body this year too
Old 03-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C Verano
I keep things pretty simple with the bodies. I always bring the Serpent EV3 and a Protoform Lola to the track. I always start off with an EV3 Lola and if I need less steering I switch to the Protoform.
ha chris how are the handling with the short wheel base do you the evo3 with that set up?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
ha chris how are the handling with the short wheel base do you the evo3 with that set up?
The car handles fine in the short wheelbase with the EV3 body. I believe at the Nationals all the Serpent drivers ran the car this way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.