Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

running foam tires all the time here and what will raising the shocks do for the handling?
Old 01-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

also what are u guys running your up and down stops at?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by gentleman81
running foam tires all the time here and what will raising the shocks do for the handling?
Shock position afects overall feeling of the car. It should be the last setting you do on a car, once you are comfortable with your driving.

Without going on to physics, we can safely say that changing upper position of shocks gives you:
More vertical = compresion rate is more linear from zero to compressed. Feeling is more hard.
More laid down = compresson rate is more progressive from zero to compressed. Feeling is more soft.

Resuming:
Lay down more the shocks on the axle of the car you wan't it to react more slowly. Lees angle will give less roll to then car and generaly more traction.
Standing up the shocks will give a more quick reaction of the car and will let the car "square-up" faster coming out of a turn...but you'll loose some traction in the middle of the turn.

TIP: On tracks with lots of traction use your shocks totally vertical.
On tracks with low traction lay down your shocks accordingly.

AFM
Old 01-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

yeah mine are laid down all the way and it seems to take for ever in the turns i guess i should bring them up one at a time and see.

what does adjusting the fronts do for the car
and likewise for the rear

thanks this is awsome
Old 01-21-2005, 03:16 PM
afm
Tech Master

also what are u guys running your up and down stops at?
No up stops..they are useless..dump the screws
Down stops... use the manual setting to begin with, it works for most conditions.

I understand you don't have a setting board kit i'ts very difficult to set a car by eye. Measurements are in mm and are very critical.

AFM
Old 01-21-2005, 03:21 PM
afm
Tech Master

yeah mine are laid down all the way and it seems to take for ever in the turns i guess i should bring them up one at a time and see.

what does adjusting the fronts do for the car
and likewise for the rear

thanks this is awsome
Whatecer you do, allways have your front more vertical than rears.
It does what i explaned you before, it depends what your car does on every axle during turning. Feel and determine which axle needs change..one at a time..i..t's not a question of moving both at the same time....you need to get used to every change you make for a while to determine what to do..i'ts ALSO A QUESTION OF DRIVING STYLES.

AFM
Old 01-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

yeah i know it sucks but i just wanted to know what adjustments did what to the car, and u have helped alot i think i spoke to u in the sirio thread, once i learn to set up my car better i will have a lot more fun at the track, i won one out of 4 races with it set by eye and my first season! and i was driving with much more exp racers!

so my shocks laid down should give me the most traction, if not my car maybe too low all together? also the lower my shocks are the slower my car will seem to resond?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

u might have answerd my last reply
Old 01-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

yeah i seem to love the gas a little too much, when i calm do and race the track and get technical im very good, surprisinglly
Old 01-21-2005, 03:29 PM
afm
Tech Master

yeah i know it sucks but i just wanted to know what adjustments did what to the car, and u have helped alot i think i spoke to u in the sirio thread, once i learn to set up my car better i will have a lot more fun at the track, i won one out of 4 races with it set by eye and my first season! and i was driving with much more exp racers!

so my shocks laid down should give me the most traction, if not my car maybe too low all together? also the lower my shocks are the slower my car will seem to resond?
Yes that's me.
Don't forget that ride height has nothing to do with shock position and or droop. You adjustb ride height with the shock collar that compresses more or less the springs.
Slower??...depends on how much traction there is..it's allways a compromise.

AFM
Old 01-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by OZDC
Brain,

Rob Reade was at a recent SE Asian distributiors meeting and there was no mention of an MTX4.

His opinion is that, there is sure to be a new car out at some stage, his guess is later this year at the earliest.

Again this is just his opinion, he has been told nothing.

DC
Thanks DC
what a long wait!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Someone was asking how long the shocks are. I never liked the length of the front shocks so I found some mugen long ball ends and cut them .100" longer then the stock ones so I could get the droop that I wanted for some tracks. I saw that someone said that they had 3 threads showing to get the shock length that they wanted. If you put the longer ones on you don't have to worry about the shock shaft comming out if you hit something.

Also on the front swaybar, I have it cut down .100" to make it softer. I was using it laying flat but it was to stiff so I cut it down and got alot more steering.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thinking of getting a new chassis.....

If I get the Mugen 4mm Pro= Spec chassis, do I need different engine mounts, or can I use the stock ones.

Is there a better chassis than the pro-spec chassis.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

yes i think u need new mounts and screws, they should come as a set, i might be wrong
Old 01-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BrainTeased
sorry guys i know this may sound repeative but any news on mtx-4 yet?
I got told that the new car wont be out till next year (2006).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.