Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by highwayman
... why is a diff better for a small track, as compared to a 1-way? wouldn't a 1-way provide more steering, entering and exiting as compared with a diff?
Originally posted by czotalis
mabey because on a small tight track you might need to hit the breaks alot (tight turns, avoiding someone that spunout or crashed bofore you)
czotalis is exactly right, a one way does provide better steering but no braking, that is why a diff gear or a solid axle will allow for braking and the solid axle would provide the same steering except it would produce a off power push.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tried diff and didn't like it.

I tried the front diff with the oil that comes with the kit and didn't like it at all. It gave me understeer off-throttle going into corners, not to mention the snap-oversteer coming out of hairpin corners. It was really bad. I went back to the 1-way as it was over half a second faster per lap. Maybe the diff would work better if I chased the set-up a little, but I did not have time, as we were getting ready to start racing a short while later. I also tried a heavier oil (30,000) with the 1-way and it was slower- more oversteer off-throttle into corners. The traction was poor however. I also use drag brake to get the car to turn in better. I would call the driving style required to go fast in my car as smooth into the corner, aggressive on throttle out of the corner-Kind of like an 1/8 car.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00052.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by highwayman
... why is a diff better for a small track, as compared to a 1-way? wouldn't a 1-way provide more steering, entering and exiting as compared with a diff?
i think it's just a personal preference, if throttle after every single coner then of course brake is needed to slow down b4 the next coner, so an oneway will not work
Old 03-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default How to certain the piston is not at Top dead center while breaking in the engine.

Hi guys,

I am going to get a Novarossi 5 port engine and i had this exact prolbem before during break-in period. Piston stucked at the top dead center and i can't turn the flywheel and i need to used heat gun on every startup in break-in period. (it is pain )
Becasue i am going to get a new engine and will do that again. Can someone tell me how do i certain and tell the piston is not at Top dead center while the engine is cooling down for another tank? What will you do if the piston is at top dead center? heat gun or ?

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

I had been using the 1 way, then put my locked diff in for the smaller (heheh ) Florida tracks. Then one lazy day I left it in for my home track and I've searched out and built a front diff. You can accelerate harder and longer then slam on the brakes for the turn.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by theRED5
I had been using the 1 way, then put my locked diff in for the smaller (heheh ) Florida tracks. Then one lazy day I left it in for my home track and I've searched out and built a front diff. You can accelerate harder and longer then slam on the brakes for the turn.
exactly!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by theRED5
When you say smaller Florida tracks I assume you mean Kissimmee, Ft Myers and Lakeland right?
Old 03-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fire
i think it's just a personal preference, if throttle after every single coner then of course brake is needed to slow down b4 the next coner, so an oneway will not work
I use lots of brake with the one way, you just need Teflon pads and take the time to set the brakes up right.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Can someone tell me what color of front/rear spring for good traction?
Harder spirng for good traction
Softer for loose traction ?

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by US_MATRIX
Can someone tell me what color of front/rear spring for good traction?
Harder spirng for good traction
Softer for loose traction ?

Thanks.
Look here
Old 03-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

We have a medium to large size local track.
I am running stock gear 47/43 and 20/16.
What is the best combination gear for good low/top end if running in medium to large size track?

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,

I ordered a R40 a week ago and I just realize there's a new 2004 version comming out I am new with on road and I currently own a RS4 Evo. Should I just sell the R40 and pratice with my RS4? Needless to say I will have to spend lots of $$$ to make it run. (very broke at moment) I might get into racing when I have better skill

How does the current R40 stock compare with MTX-3 with the same engine, mainfold, pipe, servos, etc???? I am asking because there's more MTX-3 parts than R40 locally.

Please help me out guys...
Old 03-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Lower arm position

What will they do?
A-A
B-B
C-C

Thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by nero1943
Hi guys,

I ordered a R40 a week ago and I just realize there's a new 2004 version comming out I am new with on road and I currently own a RS4 Evo. Should I just sell the R40 and pratice with my RS4? Needless to say I will have to spend lots of $$$ to make it run. (very broke at moment) I might get into racing when I have better skill

How does the current R40 stock compare with MTX-3 with the same engine, mainfold, pipe, servos, etc???? I am asking because there's more MTX-3 parts than R40 locally.

Please help me out guys...
MTX-3 Hands Down!!!
Dish the RS4 away!!! (unless you drive like Hara, you can win with any car like RS4!!)
So get yourself that Mugen!
Old 03-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by TitaniumR
How also will a NS12 JP compare against a NS15S5? Inputs appreciated. Thanks.
im not sure about the NS15S5 but i know the NS12S3 JP it like a rocket down the straight but you'll have to take it easy around the infield.Robbie from Mugen has one thats stupid fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.