Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Yogi . Or who ever . Is the build the same as the zero(hard plastic) hard to put the screws in?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
Yogi . Or who ever . Is the build the same as the zero(hard plastic) hard to put the screws in?
I have built an XI Sport and an Ultimate, both I didn't have any difficulty. But I did receive 3rd degree burns when touching a screw just after
Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

how are the difs holding up? are they like the old ones and leak?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Found out my belt fluttering is because the inside front wheels are rubbing against the top of the ball cups. I removed the wheels and tested, smooth now.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ta04evah
I have both, and I much prefer the low maintenance of the gear diff over the ball diff, I used to dislike gear diffs at first but after I worked out how to build them so they don't leak and are smooth to turn I come to like them. Even with the stick on diff covers, the ball diff starts to get gritty after a couple of race meets and then it's time to pull apart, clean and replace anything too worn out.

The only

Cheers
Rob.

how do you build your diffs?
Old 10-03-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
how do you build your diffs?
With my gear diffs I do a couple of things to ensure they don't leak.

Coat both the small o-ring seals and the gear case seal with 3 racing anti wear grease, this helps to make a leak free seal when the seals are squeezed into place, and helps to keep the small o-ring seals lubricated so they don't wear & leak.

Before assembling the diff casing, screw the small screws into the 4 holes on the larger half of the diff case and then remove the small screws.
When this is done you'll see that around the holes the plastic has raised up a little, with very fine sand paper on a flat surface, sand the face of the gear case with the holes until the bumps are gone and the face is flat.

Don't over fill the diff, only fill until the oil is level with the top of the cross pins that hold the smaller gears in place. This will prevent over pressurizing the diff and stop it leaking.

If any grease seeps up from the screw holes when putting the 2 halves together don't worry as this will also act as a seal around the screws when they are put in place and tightened up. Don't over tighten the 4 small screws as this will make the diff bind and distort the center seal causing it to leak.

If you follow this procedure along with what the manual says, you should end up with properly functioning diffs that won't leak and will last you a long time.

Rob.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sakura xi sport

Hi,

Received mine on Monday and now working on it... Still need to finish installing all the electronic.

The build went really smoothly.

Thank you,
Mart
Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hi

Sold my Tamiya TA-05vII R a couple of days ago. Now lookin for a new car for some shock and awe on the racetrack. I really want something else then Tamiya. Now lookin at 3 possible cars. One of them is the 3racing sakura IX Sport. So my question how is the quality of the parts and are there any issues regarding the built of the car. And driving???

The other cars are the Spec-r s1 and the serpent s411 sport.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What springs are people running on this car? Will the SAK-49 spring kit work with the stock shocks?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm new to the touring RC scene, and this is my first build, u have alway get used rRC, so I don't have to assemble, but this was pretty fun an easy.

I will be upgrading as needed or with breakage, are there any musthave upgrades for this kit, to have it in my shopp ing bag when it comes the time to order?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

Has any one tried HPI rims on the XI sport.

I brought one to run in VTA, the hpi rims rub on the front knuckle arm.
One fix is 7mm wheel hexes, but I believe the Sakura S knuckles should fit and may fix the problem.

Any one else think of a work around?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by symon_say
I'm new to the touring RC scene, and this is my first build, u have alway get used rRC, so I don't have to assemble, but this was pretty fun an easy.

I will be upgrading as needed or with breakage, are there any must have upgrades for this kit, to have it in my shopp ing bag when it comes the time to order?
Get the hardened Solid axle spool cups and aluminium solid axle, broke the kit one first run.
Broke the plastic upgrade one with aluminium outers last race of the first club race.

Hardened one seem a bit better.

Kit ones are weak as.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

More hopups are available at TQ.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...id=56&s_sort=3

FYI, Thanks.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Can we make a list of the Sakura Ultimate parts that fits the XI sport...
Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bdyche
What springs are people running on this car? Will the SAK-49 spring kit work with the stock shocks?
Yep they fit I use them on mine. They are shorter than the stock ones and have more hard spring rates than soft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.