Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
JANTLE: what are you guys at Corally USA charging for the C4.1 now that the new car is closer to coming out.

I doubt the C4.1 would be discounted as yet, as it seems like they are still at the prototype stage, i wouldnt expect a new car out in the next 6-12 months. Im not being derogatory as i too am looking forward to seeing what the boys will come up with.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Well JANTLE seems to think it might make it out before the outdoor season. That might be a little optimistic, but considering how long the car has been in developement, it isn't realistic.

I don't think Corally could affoard to go 6-12 more months without releasing it. That would cover this years entire outdoor season! I would think that most people waiting for the new car would have given up waiting by then! I know I would!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SETUP TIPS

DOES ANY BODY HAVE ANY SET UP IDEAS FOR A C4.1 IN STOCK AS I CAN ONLY FIND ON THE WEB SITE SETUPS FOR MOD. IF ANYBODY COULD SPREAD SOME LIGHT ON THIS WOULD BE MUCH HELP.

THANKS
Old 01-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
I doubt the C4.1 would be discounted as yet, as it seems like they are still at the prototype stage, i wouldnt expect a new car out in the next 6-12 months. Im not being derogatory as i too am looking forward to seeing what the boys will come up with.
i agree with Besercoe's idea on a yet further delayed release...is it not true that Corally recently had a break and had equipment stolen, resulting in further delays??
Old 01-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Stolen Equipment??? never heard that one.

It is all well and good keeping everything under wraps, although for those that have remained loyal to corrally, their loyalty would be wearing thin, trying to compete with an outdated car against all of the latest generation chassis'. I think it is a bad business practice to not keep your customers informed of developments. I am not saying release a car that is not ready, but dont keep people tensed up for a product release that is not going to happen in the immediate future. You will find that there will eventually be a backlash to the company.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Besercoe: I had the same thoughts and said the same things a while ago...

...but, here I am, still wondering what the new car is going to be like!

But, if they think people aren't going to get tired of waiting, their fooling themselves. Thats why I don't think they'll delay the release too much longer.

Wishful thinking perhapes!

black-knight: I hadn't heard anything of a break in. Well that would certainly suck!
Old 01-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Here is the Scoop.

I guess this is a no win situation. If we would have said nothing about the new car in testing everyone on the site would be begging for information and ripping us apart. Instead we thought that it would be a good idea to include the readers of this fourm in the development of this new car. How many companies do that? Believe me when I tell you that nothing that I have said has been intended to be hype. Everything that I have posted has been on facts in the development process. It is an exciting process. There have been alot of snags along the way and some things just have not worked out as planed but, they are working through them. I want the new car also. I have just built another C4.1 for the carpet season. It was a hard thing to do knowing that a new car was near. I guess that we could have been just like many of the other companies out there and only change a few things but the design was getting dated. Instead Constant decided to start from the ground up to change the way T/C's are made. Yes it is true that we have hit another delay costing valuable time. Some of the development equipment was remove durring a break-in at the Corally Holland facility. There will be delays from the result of this. This type of stress should not be apart of anyones life and they are handling it well. This cars release is taking longer than anyone has expected and nobody wants it's release more than we do. It costs buisness every day that this new car is not out on the store shelves. Please understand that Corally is full of people that take extreem pride in their products. And I think that is why you guys are soo dedicated to the Corally product. You have grown to expect nothing but the best from Corally and you will not be let down.

All I can say is that we are sorry for the delays and thank you for being so dedicated.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

HAPPYG, Give us details of the type of surface that you are running on. Also what tires the locals are using. This is the most important information that we need to know to get you the best set-up.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

JANTLE.

You know, with a speech like that you should be in politics.

That was diplomacy at it's very best. Well done.

Actually Yokomo are in exactly the same situation.

I have been running an MR4 for 3 years now. I have been hearing rumours about this new and revolutionary Yoke for months. A look in the MR4 thread in RC Tech will show how many people have given up waiting.

But a new Yoke is usually worth waiting for, just like a new Corally is.

We run Corally motors and cells exclusively in our cars, but I must admit I want to wait to see both the new Yoke and the new Corally before I decide on my next ride.

Sorry to hear about the break in. That didn't help, did it!

Keep up the good work.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:00 AM
Regional Moderator

I understand the want to have it "perfect" before its released. That make sense. People just want it to get "perfect" a little quicker!
Old 01-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default DHI Cup results

Corally proto sedan finishes in 6th being driven by Simmo Ahoneimi in the 2003 DHI cup, many fast people competing and another strong showing by Team Corally Holland. Sakke finished 30th, not sure why.

Jantle or anyone else at CorallyUSA, have you guys heard any details about the race or can some details be obtained.

Check coverage at the orion/live results section.

Steve C

Last edited by corallyman; 01-13-2003 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

CORALLYMAN.

I followed the DHI cup on the Team Orion site. Good coverage. Well done Oscar!

Strange that in both big events in which Corally has used the prototype cars Simo has been consistantly quicker than big brother Sakke.

At the DHI whilst Simo got stuck in the top 10 from the word go, Sakke just didn't seem able to get the car to his liking. In fact he finished last in the C, which is most unusual for such a talented racer.

I am wondering if in fact they were using different cars.

Can anybody tell us?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Joe,

Sakke and Simo we're running different proto's lately.
I geuss they still do.
Main difference one was using the direct single belt version.
And the other was running the dual belt set-up.
Don't know any more details right now...

Jantle? (who ran which)

Regards,
Pizza
Old 01-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Hello all!!

I have not heard any reason as to what happened to Sakke in the DHI Cup. I do know one reson as to why Simmo has been showing better with his T/C. Simmo has spent more time with the car since his school schedule will allow a little more flexibility. Sakke on the other hand now has a family life as well a a regular job that he tends to every day. Life is not just racing R/C cars. I am sure that Sakke will get himself right back to his normal form. He might have just had a bad race. I know that it happened to me at the Cleveland race. I just could not buy a break. There is always another race next week.

I do not think that it was the two diffrent drivetrains that caused this. I do not believe that it would have made that much of a diffrence. Also since it only takes a few moments to change from the direct drive to the belt reduction system I think that they would have changed it right away since this was such an important race. (I know I would have) One thing also to remember, there were to be some new parts on both of their cars to improve the handling that were not able to be made because of the break-in at Corally. Simmo may have had some hand made parts that Sakke didn't.

These are all thoughts since I have not heard anything from Corally Holland. I will do some homework and get back to you when I learn more. We will see what happens at the LRP race.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Tom
Tech Regular

Simo must have done well in the last leg of the final to finish 6th overal, as he finished 10th in the first and 7th in the second leg
he must have done well in the last one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.