Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The avrg racer prob wouldnt even notice a .3 mm spacing differance. And if its all you had to get you through the race day then whats the big deal...go buy two more 15 or 16 parts and your good to go . Try the 13 14 or 15 parts on your 16. Who knows, you may like it.
Get over it
Old 01-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption
Amains are the '15 versions... I know because that's where I picked mine up from.
I was just going to message you again brother. Amain has the 16 fronts a arms in comp and graphite. I was unsure on the rears but looked closely and they have the 4 holes for mounting the graphite stiffeners thus correct they are not the newest V2 16 rears.

However if you need them sooner than later hit up Gerhard at the Xray-shop Austria as they have the 16 V2 rear a-arms. Gerhard's service is great, pricing is nice and shipping cost is reasonable. There shipping speed is pretty quick being 7 to 10 days to your door. If you want 3 days to your door check out MB Models London which is therccarshopeurope. I have not checked to see if they have the 16V2 rears but I would give them a try as they usually are quite loaded with gear.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
The avrg racer prob wouldnt even notice a .3 mm spacing differance. And if its all you had to get you through the race day then whats the big deal...go buy two more 15 or 16 parts and your good to go . Try the 13 14 or 15 parts on your 16. Who knows, you may like it.
Get over it

You are probably correct, however some people are very particular and for that one really can't or shouldn't care.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kuruption
Amains are the '15 versions... I know because that's where I picked mine up from.
Amain's does have the 16 front a arms in composite and graphite being the exact same as the front a-arms that are in the 16 XB4 kit. However your in need of rears, which you are correct about Amain not having the V2 16 rears.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Bent - You are an arrogant ass. Please feel free to ignore my posts as it is clear that only things you post are relevant to anything you care about.
I highly disagree with you. Bentka is far from being arrogant, thus he is the opposite of arrogant being very humble. Does Bent need to spend time away from his life, his family? Definetely not! but he does every time he is helping all of use on this forum.

I would bet 99.9 percent of all participants in this forum have nothing less than the nicest things to say regarding Bent. Thus he is highly respected, do to his willingness to help answer questions, provide advice, the list of positives goes on and on.

Last edited by Norse; 01-20-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
I highly disagree with you. Bentka is far from being arrogant, thus he is the opposite of arrogant being very humble. Does Bent need to spend time away from his life, his family? Definetely not! but he does every time he is helping all of use on this forum.

I would bet 99.9 percent of all participants in this forum have nothing less than the nicest things to say regarding Bent. Thus he is highly respected. do to his willingness to help answer questions, provide advice, the list of positives goes on and.
Totally agree!
Old 01-21-2016, 02:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Im happy with BentKa and all participants for share all the info,help me a lot of!,thanks
Old 01-21-2016, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Norse
Bentka,

Quick question for you my friend:

Forgive the repeated question as I believe you confirmed that 16 XB4 kit comes standard with the graphite blend internal diff gears.

Is their any difference between the graphite internal diff gears and the other listed (low)graphite internal diff gears?

Also I have always built my diffs using the graphite internal diff gears as well as the graphite comp. drive pinion and graphite comp crown gears. Love how quiet and smooth the all graphite comp. drive train is. Anyhow I have always used the optional hardened aluminum diff pins however I am wondering if I should just use the composite 1 piece diff pin as I heard the one piece composite diff pin promotes an even smoother diff action.

As always I greatly appreciate your help.

Norse
The low height graphite gears come standard in the '16 XB2 and XB4

Personally I like to use the alu. hard coated pins with graphite gears and steel pins with steel gears, but we've never had any issues with the stock composite cross pin.

Using the composite cross pin will give you the lightest diff possible (as I'm sure you already know) so it will spool up even faster

Bent
Old 01-21-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
The low height graphite gears come standard in the '16 XB2 and XB4

Personally I like to use the alu. hard coated pins with graphite gears and steel pins with steel gears, but we've never had any issues with the stock composite cross pin.

Using the composite cross pin will give you the lightest diff possible (as I'm sure you already know) so it will spool up even faster

Bent
Hey bent quick question. I just ordered steel gears and am planning on using the hard coated aluminum pins with them. Will that be ok?
Thanks
Old 01-21-2016, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Default New Xray XB4 and XB2 ECS drive shafts

XB4 ECS Drive Shafts

• Decreases vibration
• Improves stability
• Increases steering
• Improves cornering speed
• Improves traction on rear suspension
• Improves landing after jumps
• Easier to drive

The unique XRAY ECS Drive Shaft equalizes the speed between the drive shaft and the wheel. With a unique 2-piece joint between the axle and the wheel, the same extreme wheel turning angle is divided into two shallower angles without joint binding. This means that at the same cornering speed, the inner wheel will not bind or vibrate. Drive through the corner is more stable, more precise, and easier to drive. When used in rear the ECS drive shafts help to improve traction as well. The ECS Drive Shafts help also with improved landing after jumps.

With the ECS drive shafts, wheel vibrations and noise are decreased to minimum, steering is increased, stability of the car is increased and cornering speed and smoothness are noticeably increased as well. A must have option part.

#365200 ECS Front Drive Shaft 81mm - HUDY Spring Steel™ (fits XB4)
#365300 ECS Rear Drive Shaft 68mm - HUDY Spring Steel™ (fits XB4 & XB2)

http://bit.ly/1JkkL3B

Bent
Old 01-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723
Hey bent quick question. I just ordered steel gears and am planning on using the hard coated aluminum pins with them. Will that be ok?
Thanks
Yep that will work flawlessly

Only reason for using steel pins is to add weight/inertia if wanted/needed

Bent
Old 01-21-2016, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Funny question but what would be the biggest reason to make the drivetrain heavier?
Old 01-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default control arm inserts

Hello all, I have a quick question about the arm inserts (xb4 2016). What do I need to do with the rear arms to gain more chassis roll? Move arms up or down? I want the same effect as lowering the inner camber link, just not as large adjustment. I believe the arms need to move up, can someone clarify? Thanks!
Old 01-21-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt1995
Hello all, I have a quick question about the arm inserts (xb4 2016). What do I need to do with the rear arms to gain more chassis roll? Move arms up or down? I want the same effect as lowering the inner camber link, just not as large adjustment. I believe the arms need to move up, can someone clarify? Thanks!
Raising the inner hinge pin mounts raises the roll center, same as lowering the inner camber link. But it is a larger change fyi. .5mm up on hinge pin raises the roll center more than .5mm down on camber link.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcgod
Raising the inner hinge pin mounts raises the roll center, same as lowering the inner camber link. But it is a larger change fyi. .5mm up on hinge pin raises the roll center more than .5mm down on camber link.
Thanks! The distance from the two holes on the rear shock tower seem way more than .5 mm, or am I not understanding correctly? I'm searching for a bit more rear chassis roll, but going from upper camber link hole to lower, is just a bit too much. My shock and spring setup feels really good, so I'd rather not change that. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.