Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Has anyone done some back to back testing on the xb4 15 with saddles compared to shorty, since I've had my XB4 i have only ever run it in shorty setup but am very curious to know how much the buggy changes in its handling with one compared to the other, i guess what I'm trying to ask is one better than the other and if its worth giving saddles a go or am i better of staying with the shorty setup, i run on a medium size medium bite track and was wondering if saddles will help or hinder. TIA
Old 06-27-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HSV427
Has anyone done some back to back testing on the xb4 15 with saddles compared to shorty, since I've had my XB4 i have only ever run it in shorty setup but am very curious to know how much the buggy changes in its handling with one compared to the other, i guess what I'm trying to ask is one better than the other and if its worth giving saddles a go or am i better of staying with the shorty setup, i run on a medium size medium bite track and was wondering if saddles will help or hinder. TIA
We have ran all the setups back to back to compare slipper to center diff., saddles to shorty, 2mm to 3mm, '14 to '15 and we only run shorty today in all conditions

Bent
Old 06-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

I read and searched through all the post. To convert the XB4 2014 to shorty the only thing I need to buy is the full length upper deck? This seems to simple.

Can you help me please.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

here is the part number i think i have to get :XRA361161
Old 06-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brit_racer
I read and searched through all the post. To convert the XB4 2014 to shorty the only thing I need to buy is the full length upper deck? This seems to simple.

Can you help me please.
There are discussions on this in depth here and on oople.com about this, try a search for 'shorty conversion'.

In short, no, for a 2014 chassis you need to do fairly major surgery on your plastic tub chassis to remove the middle section, flip the motor mount around, drill new holes in your chassis for the mount....
Old 06-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Is the aluminum central bulkhead a direct fit for a 13/14 car?
http://www.xray-shop.at/shop/product...qvdrk1d554jes6
Thanks
Apparently it doesnt work. They should advertise the fact its for the 15 car.

Last edited by BDRMBULLY; 06-28-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
In short, no, for a 2014 chassis you need to do fairly major surgery on your plastic tub chassis to remove the middle section, flip the motor mount around, drill new holes in your chassis for the mount....
Thank you. I did a search but was not having much luck. Well i will stick to saddles if it's that much hassle. Thanks again.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Is the aluminum central bulkhead a direct fit for a 13/14 car?
http://www.xray-shop.at/shop/product...qvdrk1d554jes6
Thanks
Apparently it doesnt work. They should advertise the fact its for the 15 car.
Well….they actually do.

In the release info it's pictured mounted on the '15 version and when you go to the Xray site it says:

Fits: XRAY XB4 2015 Specs
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ral%20Bulkhead

If you are in doubt regarding parts compatibility or specs just go to the Team Xray site and search the part number for the complete info

Bent
Old 06-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well i bought 2 for me n a buddy for our 14's. . Its 2mm taller. Than 14 stock piece. I gna hack on mine to make it work
Old 06-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Well i bought 2 for me n a buddy for our 14's. . Its 2mm taller. Than 14 stock piece. I gna hack on mine to make it work
Yes they will be different heights due to the '15 not having the plastic "tub chassis" on top of the aluminum chassis.

Just clearance the plastic chassis and it should fit

Bent
Old 06-29-2015, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Well i finally installed the new optional chassis brace and removed the front and rear top deck and all i can say is WOW, the car now has so much more steering, the buggy felt so well balanced and really nimble you can now carry so much more corner speed as mention before it really brings the car to life, at first i was sceptical i mean really how much better can you make an already awesome vehicle better but trust me when i say they have, the car is so much more stable and reacts so well, at no time did the buggy feel loose or unpredictable, i also installed the floating servo mount however I'm not really sold on it, i will have to spend some time testing it as I'm not sure how it works only mounting on one side, what is there to prevent the servo moving and flexing under hard steering, if anyone has experience with the floating servo mount your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Well i finally installed the new optional chassis brace and removed the front and rear top deck and all i can say is WOW, the car now has so much more steering, the buggy felt so well balanced and really nimble you can now carry so much more corner speed as mention before it really brings the car to life, at first i was sceptical i mean really how much better can you make an already awesome vehicle better but trust me when i say they have, the car is so much more stable and reacts so well, at no time did the buggy feel loose or unpredictable, i also installed the floating servo mount however I'm not really sold on it, i will have to spend some time testing it as I'm not sure how it works only mounting on one side, what is there to prevent the servo moving and flexing under hard steering, if anyone has experience with the floating servo mount your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Are you referring to this option part? http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...62&kategoria=0
Old 06-29-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wease
Are you referring to this option part? http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...62&kategoria=0
No Im talking about XRAY 366220
Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How much did it lower your lap time?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
How much did it lower your lap time?
I haven't raced it yet as i have only just installed the parts, although i have had it on the track for a test run it feels faster more nimble and much better balanced the rotation in the corners is amazing, as i said it carries so much more corner speed while staying planted, From testing i would have to say the car will be a second or two faster but if its not its still the best option I have ever installed on this buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.