Martin your car looks very good.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice avatar Pops, well it was.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Myabe I should remove my avatar, it may offend guys that only turn left.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

does the yoko bd come in any other colours cept for blue?
Old 07-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

no
Old 07-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

nice job, looks good, but you guys scare me with your one color wiring.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
nice job, looks good, but you guys scare me with your one color wiring.
Yes, I agree. It's so easy to keep red for pos and black for neg.

What happens if somebody picks your car up.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

I go all black wires. Looks sharp. I've also got a 1/8th inch strip of white heatshrink half an inch from the tip on the POS battery wire.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Must of been a gay~wad to complain about the avatar. Sucks to see it go. Luckily I saved it on my puter! I'll have to use it someday..

I use all black wires sometimes too. You just need a small strip of red heat shrink for the tip of the wire for the pos side. I think it looks neater this way too....
Old 07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
Interesting wireing :-)

Here's how I did it to have the cables as short as possible.
Now, not wanting to start any arguments here, just an observation that seeing Martin's car has reminded me about.

I often hear people talking about short wires and hard wiring this and that and the other, in the search for efficiency. Then I see these same people wire their cars in a similar fashion to Martin, a wire from the cells to the speedo, then another wire from either the speedo or part way down the 1st wire to the motor. There is a totally unnecessary, heavy current bearing, solder joint there. Now looking at Joe's car, it may seem that the wires are maybe a bit long but he has as few load bearing solder joints as is possible.

Have a little think about that next time you're wiring up your cars boys and girls.

Stu
Old 07-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Jimmy Mac, Haven't seen you on in a while. I heard that DRCW is moving forward with the new permanent asphalt track. The city has given them the green light, now the have to get the neighbors to move the rest of that rubble from the site ( which was in progress ). I hope to see you guy up again this winter.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by StuartC
Now, not wanting to start any arguments here, just an observation that seeing Martin's car has reminded me about.

I often hear people talking about short wires and hard wiring this and that and the other, in the search for efficiency. Then I see these same people wire their cars in a similar fashion to Martin, a wire from the cells to the speedo, then another wire from either the speedo or part way down the 1st wire to the motor. There is a totally unnecessary, heavy current bearing, solder joint there. Now looking at Joe's car, it may seem that the wires are maybe a bit long but he has as few load bearing solder joints as is possible.

Have a little think about that next time you're wiring up your cars boys and girls.

Stu
Good observation. What I do is solder the pos motor wire at the post on the esc with the same solder joint as the pos battery wire uses. Looks clean and is one less soldier joint.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

What size bearings are used in the steering rack? Is it a 3x6mm flanged?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hello?

Well Thanx guys for the tips and to chris with the chassis offer. yeah i did notice i build the one-way wrong way round (was rebuilding wee early in the morning). but changed that very soon after. will post more recent photo of my bd soon
Old 07-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Center Pulley - Direct? Ackerman Steering Linkage question?

Couple of questions.

Center Pulley - How can I change the Center Pulley to "Direct" from a One-Way? Parts Needed?

Ackerman - XRay cars can change their ackerman by moving their rack forward. So if you look at a top view of the XRay car, with the front tires closer to you, and rear tires away, the steering linkages will form a "v" type shape. With the BD, using the same type of view, our linkages, at hole position #5 on the rack, forms an "upside down v. or lambda sign, however you choose. Are there any advantages of one method over the other in regards to ackerman, or do both pretty much work the same? Input please. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.