Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Mike, my son Joseph and myself are going. We are heading up with Jimmy. Wonder Boy might go too, as well as Ron, THE BIG GUY FROM ROSEWOOD. LOL!
Justin, you still going?
Also, Mike do they have a good stock of motors there at HT? Im running F-1 so I might need to pick up another one up, we are running 19 turn now. Need a good silver can for my sons gt-2 effort also, as mine usually run kinda slow!
Anyways, see you up there, we should be there on Friday in the AM.
Hank
Old 03-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

HT Frederick has a large order coming in from Express there next week...
Old 03-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin lessard
who? oh yeah!!!,maybe i'll finally get some competition,whoever it it they better bring it or i'll lap them like i did you I WILL WIN,FOR I AM SUPERBOY,25 laps will be easy
Man, lot's of talk coming from Justin. I think I've heard him talk more on this computer than the last 2 yrs at the track .

Anyhow, maybe I'll TQ and win stock, or one or the other, or neither, who knows. BUT, let's play with some single digit motors this weekend, maybe the car or driver might need some new set-up changes .

If we run stock, I'll make sure to TQ, so that it's you this time who gets punted off the track in turn one this time .
Old 03-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
"SUPERBOY" more like "One track Wonderboy"
Same track for everybody .

When M. Waltrip was winning at Daytona, they didn't take his trophy and say "you can't have the win because you are B-C main everywhere else", LOL.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Morning Tag
Old 03-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Old 03-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Same track for everybody .

When M. Waltrip was winning at Daytona, they didn't take his trophy and say "you can't have the win because you are B-C main everywhere else", LOL.

True same track for everyone.... But What I guess you and the other hard headed ppl are missing is......

IF you/I or anyone else ran the same layout EVERYWEEK from the first of Dec. thru the end of March. You/I/ WE should all be getting faster. So the whole thing started with "wonderboy" saying bring Cuff's and them guys back he would kick a**.. I simple stated that ALL of them did 25 laps on that track within 5 battery packs not 500! Again you have 3 or 4 ppl at that track that run everyweek. Thats about 200 laps a week on that one track layout everyweek for them. They are all excited about picking up a tenth of a sec everyweek, cool! But I guess I should "TOOT" my own horn here then and say that since I don't run everyweek there, that for me to consistantly sit 1st,2nd or 3rd is GREAT then HUH???? LOL

I will say this, Justin is Fast, never said he wasn't! Look back to the eXpress race he was fast then, actually his single lap times are just as fast now as then, so why 25 laps now and not then, he is more consistant now, why, Same layout for 4 months. I know that when I go He, Laurie, George and even a few more are gonna be tough to beat.

I say change layouts ATLEAST ONCE A SEASON THERE and see what happens.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

I say all tracks need to change layouts for carpet 3 times a season...
Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

at least 3 times a season...ours changes every lap...lol. Usually we change the layout every 2 weeks. Mimi changes hers about every month or so it seems.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
True same track for everyone.... But What I guess you and the other hard headed ppl are missing is......
I am not saying that there isn't an advantage to running the same track every week, but I don't use it as an "out" if I get beat. I use it as motivation to find more out of myself/car next time I go. Bottom line, yes, the track staying the same helps the every week locals with consistency and able to test new things on the car every week, etc.

I am going this week with a new car and who knows how it will go. I might get lapped, I might set new track record, but either way, I won't go home saying "I got beat because they run that same track every week."

Not to be an ass toward Justin or any other guys, I have supported Justin since day one with setting up his car, reccomendation to Schumacher, etc. However, I have said since day one but nobody listens or wants to put any effort to change it, but by the track staying the same all year, most of the locals struggle when going out of town to big races. It would help their own cause to change the lay out periodically when traveling and chasing the bigger fish . Guys like Cuffs, X, Hartman who came in their house and went as fast as they still try and go now, race at all different types of tracks and layouts, thus being able to adapt that quick when they walked in.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Very true. Coming from racing offroad I can tell you that you don't see too many layout changes so you end up travelling alot. This helps you learn how to setup your car better because you are constantly changing. Thats another reason the people racing at places like Horsham do well at the bigger races. Yeah they are talented, but they are constantly adapting to a new track.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin lessard
who? oh yeah!!!,maybe i'll finally get some competition,whoever it it they better bring it or i'll lap them like i did you I WILL WIN,FOR I AM SUPERBOY,25 laps will be easy
wow confident huh
Old 03-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
wow confident huh
Hey Cuffs...

At least he didn't call you out "Old School Style".

Sorry Brian, had to do it.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Hey Cuffs...

At least he didn't call you out "Old School Style".

Sorry Brian, had to do it.
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

one track wonder!

Last edited by justin lessard; 03-09-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.