Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by scooby61
My problem and many others in my area is that nitro killed onroad racing for many years. The noise made it so you couldn't setup a track any where and all the tracks shut down. I ended up selling all my cars and flying planes and helicopters for 10 years. Electric has brought racing back to northern Virginia and most of the onroad tracks are electric only. As much as I'd like to attend some of these big events Igt8 And roar seem to be completely ignoring the electrics. You'd see a lot more participation in gt8 if some of these events and organizations included the electrics.
Its not that it has been ignored as much as it is the fact that the nitro class is just now being built up and is still new. Once the nitro dust settles electric will come around. As of now there has only been a few random events that have had the class run. If you want to be the one to handle the electrics, PM Tony I am positive he will let you handle it via IGT8F
Old 10-31-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My problem and many others in my area is that nitro killed onroad racing for many years. The noise made it so you couldn't setup a track any where and all the tracks shut down. I ended up selling all my cars and flying planes and helicopters for 10 years. Electric has brought racing back to northern Virginia and most of the onroad tracks are electric only. As much as I'd like to attend some of these big events Igt8 And roar seem to be completely ignoring the electrics. You'd see a lot more participation in gt8 if some of these events and organizations included the electrics.
NOT TRUE GOOD SIR,

I would love to have electric GT8 cars at our races, I personally don't have any experience with electric GT8, so before I go posting rules about something I clearly know nothing about. I requested and asked YOU and fellow "GREEN" racers to help with this.

I asked here on RCTECH and posted on Bottom of Class Rules on IGT8F.com

IGT8F is founded by racers for racers to create MORE races, that actually want to be involved and help this great sport grow.

Please if you have extensive knowledge in this class, I as Director welcome and encourage your input to make your class a reality.

IGT8F is not like ROAR by no means, you will see me the President, Owner and Director at many events in person and racing with you. ROAR is an insurance company first, paper pusher rule setter second.

I would love to get in on some high speed brushless action!!

My contact info is [email protected]

Thank you
Tony Luna
Old 10-31-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
NOT TRUE GOOD SIR,

I would love to have electric GT8 cars at our races, I personally don't have any experience with electric GT8, so before I go posting rules about something I clearly know nothing about. I requested and asked YOU and fellow "GREEN" racers to help with this.

I asked here on RCTECH and posted on Bottom of Class Rules on IGT8F.com

IGT8F is founded by racers for racers to create MORE races, that actually want to be involved and help this great sport grow.

Please if you have extensive knowledge in this class, I as Director welcome and encourage your input to make your class a reality.

IGT8F is not like ROAR by no means, you will see me the President, Owner and Director at many events in person and racing with you. ROAR is an insurance company first, paper pusher rule setter second.

I would love to get in on some high speed brushless action!!

My contact info is [email protected]

Thank you
Tony Luna
Cool I will get some more of the local guys involved. I just kept noticing all the events were marked "nitro only" . I just signed up on igt8f and start trying to get more racers involved.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Cool I will get some more of the local guys involved. I just kept noticing all the events were marked "nitro only" . I just signed up on igt8f and start trying to get more racers involved.
I normally travel with my electric car as well as nitro, so if there is a class I'm good. We had a heat of electric GT's at 3 out of 6 races in the Heart of America series this summer.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I normally travel with my electric car as well as nitro, so if there is a class I'm good. We had a heat of electric GT's at 3 out of 6 races in the Heart of America series this summer.
Thats good!!
All the better.

BM
Old 11-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Tony Luna what's up brother. Good to hear from you, I plan on racing more this year good luck in Houston. You still racing the serpent or you now a Team C guy?
Old 11-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Tony Luna wins round one of the IGT8F winter series in Porter Tx! the crazy thing is that my 8yr old son drove the EXACT box stock GT8l car to a win in SPEC class! The car is stock down to the springs and even stock gears!! he would lose about 2 car lengths at the end of the straight to all of the Nova on road engines. It was crazy to witness!
BTW when i said exact car I mean my kid ran his main and then handed the car over to Tony and he ran his main! Not one stripped gear, stock brakes were perfect with no fade!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Sweet!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That's good stuff right there! Congrats on your win Tony! Congrats to your son Marcus!
Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Congrads For your son He did drive well as well as Chads boy. It was some good tight racing, Hey Marcus could you get me some measurements on the shocks frt and rear fully extended center to center mount holes Thanks in advance
Dave
Old 11-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DK McGee
Congrads For your son He did drive well as well as Chads boy. It was some good tight racing, Hey Marcus could you get me some measurements on the shocks frt and rear fully extended center to center mount holes Thanks in advance
Dave

I only run shorts on my car and they are 3.3-2.5" I do have a pair of new rears on my shelf but no idea on lengths.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I only run shorts on my car and they are 3.3-2.5" I do have a pair of new rears on my shelf but no idea on lengths.
Is that 3.3 extended 2.5 compressed ? Thanks
Old 11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

yup
Old 11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you Sir
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Team C GT8L Double Victory!!

Hey guys thanks for support. Our first Winter Series race was a BLAST!!

My bone stock IGT8F "SPEC" car was ran in DOUBLE CLASSES and never let us down!!

Marcus Jr ran it in the IGT8F "Junior" Class and I ran it in the Open/Pro class.

The car is bone stock, not one upgrade. Same car I got second at the ROAR REGION 9 Race with.

Here's the A main results my Team C, two OFNAs DM1 and the rest SNAKES.
The new season with Team C definitely has started on the right track. I cant wait to debut my Pro Car GT8 at the Gulf Coast-Raceway GRAND PRIX in a few weeks this is our Annual big On Road Race.

A buddy if mine also getting new Team C cars sent me this quote I had to share from the Bible.

Luke 10:19

19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Last edited by tonylunatic; 11-05-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.