Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I normally run Enneti fronts. Enneti's fronts are the only tires I've found that can be used with the narrow hex drives up front. All other tires rub on the steering knuckles arms .

Pass you soon...
That's good information. Have you tried matrix? I plan to run Enneti (Have not purchased any as I am still finishing the kit) however am curious if the matrix tires are one that has this issue.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you run Matrix you will need to either cut the inner spokes on the front rims or use the +1 wheel hexes up front.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
If you run Matrix you will need to either cut the inner spokes on the front rims or use the +1 wheel hexes up front.
With Matrix front tires I use +1 hexes.

Pass you soon ...
Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Another Noob question here...

What do you cut out on the body for 10th sedan. I've seen all kinds of variation on the internet.

Hole for fuel gun
Rear window but how big? Follow the dashed line on the body?
Side windows?
Any holes for access to the fuel door or how do you rig it?

Thanks for your help! I'm running a Protoform SRS-N is that a good one? I'm liking how it feels on the track. The body I got with the car was cut out but I know its not to rules, this is why I am asking. Id like to have one in spec when I show up at a big track so I don't look like a doofus anymore than I already am.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TerribleTy

What do you cut out on the body for 10th sedan. I've seen all kinds of variation on the internet.

Hole for fuel gun
Side windows?

Thanks for your help! I'm running a Protoform SRS-N is that a good one? I'm liking how it feels on the track. The body I got with the car was cut out but I know its not to rules, this is why I am asking. Id like to have one in spec when I show up at a big track so I don't look like a doofus anymore than I already am.
The rules say what to do with your body, so download them for the class your gonna run. Or just to have it "right"

The SRS has lots off downforce wich can slow you down if not set up right.
But its a real good body to get/have grip.

Nobody are regarded "doofus", but some(/not all) "former Champions" get real hasty on the track when in a final, so one has to endure sometimes remarks from them. We all have been(/still are) there. But keep focused on your driving/learning curve and have fun.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Fellas quick question, for you non bias racers, if there are any in here.........who has switched from a xray or Cap to 747? If u have...what r some differences if any? I ask cause a guy i race with has 747 n His car flat out can turn under anything! Not just my cap but all caps n xray too.....i watched a very good mugen driver make mistakes trying to keep up with this 747! The mtx5 just couldn't turn with the serp........
Old 07-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy

Hole for fuel gun
Side windows?

60mm in any direction (Normally a circle) for cooling in the windshield.
30mm in any direction for fueling. (Which can not intersect with another hole).

You are free to cut out side windows and rear windshield. As long as its cut in one consecutive hole. Not lots of little holes, and no air scoops.

Most modern cars (all?) have their fuel filling cap inline with the motor, so, if you cut your 60mm cooling hole centered over the fuel cap, then it normally is inline with your motor and allows you to fuel the car.

You need to find a balance between cooling, and aero. The smaller the hole the better, as long as your pit guy doesn't have any problems, and you can keep your motor cool.

My car has the entire rear window cut out, but I have noticed the trend to only cut out the lower half of the window. I am thinking it will cool the car fine, and keep the air smoother over the rear wing.

As for rigging your fuel door, with a large hole you can use a pull tab (zap strap only connecting to the tank door), but the fast guys will run a long zap strap from the fuel lid thru a hole in the body, then back in to the rear shock tower. Its more strain on the tank lid, but your pit guy can grab the strap, which automatically opens the tank, fill the car midair, and then release the car quicker. (zap strap=zip tie)

Shawn.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Fellas quick question, for you non bias racers, if there are any in here.........who has switched from a xray or Cap to 747? If u have...what r some differences if any? I ask cause a guy i race with has 747 n His car flat out can turn under anything! Not just my cap but all caps n xray too.....i watched a very good mugen driver make mistakes trying to keep up with this 747! The mtx5 just couldn't turn with the serp........
Yes the 747 does have ALOT of steering! I had the 3 mentioned cars and the 747 does have the most steering of the 3. I lil glue on the fronts and it will dial some out.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Yes the 747 does have ALOT of steering! I had the 3 mentioned cars and the 747 does have the most steering of the 3. I lil glue on the fronts and it will dial some out.
Thanks for the response Dan, Quick question, not sure how connected u are with serpent, but something thats really holding me back is the fact that 747 has been out for what maybe a year or less? N we always make fun at races when we talk R/c that serpent is due for a new car in a few months I just dont want to get the 747 n then 3mos later the 769 dropsis a new car in the works, or r they going to stick with this one for awhile? or atleast will the 747 b able to b upgraded to the next one?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

No new car. This is a 1/8th worlds year. The 977 is the main focus at this time.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have had them all xray could find any steering
Capricorn fast car but too inconsistent
Serpent is the one i just bought and i hope it's a great and fun car to drive
Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BBQboy
i have had them all xray could find any steering
Capricorn fast car but too inconsistent
Serpent is the one i just bought and i hope it's a great and fun car to drive
Good luck, n keep me posted on your findings........cause I def got my eye on 747, Rightnow I'm reading all 36pgs to get a idea of what to expect. Good/bad
Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

i drive a nt1 but in my oppinion the 747 is the car to buy at the moment.
Still with harder shock oils front and rear, you will get much more steering in any car. Or harder springs all around. Basic setups are too safe for quick laptimes.
Still i am using basics now to get more consistancy in my driving and the times go up.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

I'll also say. The wide front bumper is a life saver. The car is definitely stronger than the 733 was.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I wish I could give you some input. But I've never driven a Cap or Nt1. But I've been told that my car (747)is always the best in the infield.

Pass you soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.