Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
So how do you actually build them??? Could you please describe to me, as I always bleed the shock when building them. (tighten the cap a little and then push the shaft in and oil comes out where the holes in the caps are, then just tighten down all the way. making sure all of the shafts rebound all the same.

Is this wrong???
here's how i've always built bladder shocks (xpress, tamiya, yokomo, and now the losi's). fill the body with oil, pump the piston up and down slowly a few times to let the air bubbles out, add oil if needed, set the bladder on top, slowly pump the shaft up so that a little oil bleeds out around the bladder, pull the shaft back down so that it pulls the bladder down and seals it, put the cap on and you are done. there shouldn't ever been any air in the oil if you do it this way.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi All,

Just like some opinions as to how good the JRXS is. At the moment i'm racing a XXX-S it's modified a bit and can hold it's own. BUT almost everybody else at my track is running an XRAY FK05, i would like to race somethink different. How does the JRXS handle tight technical tracks. The track i race at is Asphalt, smooth and has high grip. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mick
Old 09-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry to be asking questions that are probably already answered in this thread, but I just don't have time to search through 200+ pages of posts.

Has Losi resolved the issue with slightly oversize batteries fitting in the battery tray?

Also, have people been able to run battery packs with Dean's connectors?

I really like the innovations and design in this chassis and I think I'd like to get one if only as a contrast to my Team TC4. However, I'm not ready to deal with solder connecting battery packs, I'm just not that serious (so perhaps this is not the car for me ;-).

TIA,
Ira
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Does anyone have Lemieux's setup from Cleveland last year? I've searched this thread and have not been able to locate it.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rraden
Does anyone have Lemieux's setup from Cleveland last year? I've searched this thread and have not been able to locate it.

Pauls Set-up

This is a great mod set-up to start with. Might be VERY hard to drive in stock-unless youve got a rippin fast stock motor.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have my JRX-S for sale if anyone is interested. I have many extra's, including a spur gear adaptor, bk-pk bars, and all the different spring weights. PM me if interested.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by iblumberg
Sorry to be asking questions that are probably already answered in this thread, but I just don't have time to search through 200+ pages of posts.

Has Losi resolved the issue with slightly oversize batteries fitting in the battery tray?

I really like the innovations and design in this chassis and I think I'd like to get one if only as a contrast to my Team TC4. However, I'm not ready to deal with solder connecting battery packs, I'm just not that serious (so perhaps this is not the car for me ;-).

TIA,
Ira
As far as I know you can't use deans connectors in it. I just use corally tubes on the batteries. it's just as easy as deans.

As for the battery tray, I have no idea, maybe someone else can help.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losi-xxxs
As far as I know you can't use deans connectors in it. I just use corally tubes on the batteries. it's just as easy as deans.

As for the battery tray, I have no idea, maybe someone else can help.
Thanks, I did not know about Corally connectors. They look fairly simple to use and I could likely convert my packs without much trouble.

Ira
Old 09-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
This thing works great on bumpy surfaces. I had my reservations due to the short arms etc. but it is awesome! I just cleaned the floor with all the x-rays of the local boys at the last two rounds held at a really nasty, bumpy,low grip, cold venue (sounds just like the U.K. )
Very stable and easy to drive fast.

And as far as I know, I am the only person in the country running one..... go figure
You GO boyeee!! Good job!!

Brant
Old 09-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lana
I just got my new Car Action mag. I know this is the JRXS thread, but since they are mocking the new 4wd offroad buggy after this I thought this would apply!

WTH is up with that ugly ass body that they were running? Todd help me with this one, it looked like a shoe box painted yellow! Reminded me of the mid 80's!

I like the idea of the chassis, but come on man that body is horrible! LOL

~LA
DITTO!! Looks like a shoe box with a bump on it! LOL

Brant
Old 09-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tex1
All of that coming from someone that likes SPINNERS???
Now DATS funny I don't care who you are!!!!

Brant
Old 09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wolfman76
Hi All,

Just like some opinions as to how good the JRXS is. At the moment i'm racing a XXX-S it's modified a bit and can hold it's own. BUT almost everybody else at my track is running an XRAY FK05, i would like to race somethink different. How does the JRXS handle tight technical tracks. The track i race at is Asphalt, smooth and has high grip. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mick
My local track is a tight technical track in a parking lot and my car is AWESOME!! I ran my G+ all last year and never could make it do what my JRXS can do. Plus, my lap times are not only faster now they are way more consistant. Hope this helps

Brant
Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iblumberg

TIA,
Ira
On the battery fitment issue, I have been running the aluminum battery tray and it fits great with the IB 3600's and 3800's but is a little loose on the old GP3300's. Mainly because the upper foam pieces have been trained to fit with the old plastic battery tray. If I replace the foam then my 3300's with the aluminum tray should be fine as well. Hope this helps. Also, I have seen several fellow racers run the "tube" type battery connectors and they have had no trouble at all. As a matter of fact, that type of connector system looks really clean and proffessional.

Brant
Old 09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

[LOSA6243]
4-40 Pin Locating Screws

Is that the correct part to order extra 'pins' that go in the pivot blocks?

Thanks...just picked up a JRXS and this thing is solid!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
[LOSA6243]
4-40 Pin Locating Screws

Is that the correct part to order extra 'pins' that go in the pivot blocks?

Thanks...just picked up a JRXS and this thing is solid!
Yep. Package even has a couple extra screws that I cannot identify...So don't let it drive you crazy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.