Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Hi Neighbours
Not expensive at all when you consider, you get the complete top deck including the fans, screws, the lot.
And what is expensive when your motors go soft about a min from the end of the race, what would you pay for that extra umph
These intergrated C L-CAN-FAN top decks are made from genuine carbon fibre and fit precisley. I have included a pic, not a very good one I must say but gives you an idea whatyou will get for your bucks

If you want, you can wait till Sok l gets his, and he will place a pic for all to see and maybe a comment or two

You can purchase them directly from the manufacturer ME, at the sum of $58.00 including p&p
Please pay via my paypal at [email protected]
Regards Malc (Slim)
R/C INNAVATIONS C L-CAN-FANS RULE
Hi, did you take the temps of the motors with and with out the fans running? How much difference did it make? Thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 01:04 AM
Tech Initiate

for vi3tishduy-
yes the losi on asphalt is amazingly good out of the box. i would buy an associated complete spring set and perhaps a front one way depending upon your preference. other than that there really isnt anything you need to make this car fast. i think sway bars could be overkill although you could put them on the front to lower the spring rates a bit as the car has a slight push. i also have a trf415 in very near ms spec and i have never driven anything as instantly planted as the losi stock or mod. buy this car!
Old 07-28-2005, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Hi, did you take the temps of the motors with and with out the fans running? How much difference did it make? Thanks
Yes we have done many many temp tests in the last few months with some great results.
Mark Burgess an A,Team driver for Schumacher over here in the UK, said that it reduced the tempreture to nearly half of what it normally came off at, and did a back to back to test this point
Gavin Clinch that is sponsored by Alex Racing also did a back to back test and found that the motor without the DCCF was registering at 85 degrees but when he put a DCCF on to his Barracuda, it came off at 46 degrees
Russel Williams TC4 driver noticed a vast improvement in the punch of his stock motor overall and that the heat was reduced by 12 degrees (but he always seems to get his gearing spot on anyway )
Stuart Rand now sponsored by CML who runs a BD, his motors were going soft after 3mins but now runs DCCF and runs the full 5 mins with no probs
Hope this helps to settle some of the
Malc (Slim)
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks alot for the help guys! Only problem, my lhs carries losi but, dont have either the TC4 or the JRXS. Hopefully they will soon. What parts should I buy that break alot and wehre are you guys buying yours for a decent price? Ultimate hobbies?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vi3tishduy
Thanks alot for the help guys! Only problem, my lhs carries losi but, dont have either the TC4 or the JRXS. Hopefully they will soon. What parts should I buy that break alot and wehre are you guys buying yours for a decent price? Ultimate hobbies?
If your lhs can't order the car you want, you need to find another supplier.

I haven't broken one part on my JRX-S yet. Must not be trying hard enough. Have a Wannabee bumper for one thing. Having spare arms and hubs would take care of common damage issues. Putting on BK Shock Brackets (add-ons) and following the Team Losi driver setups (try Josh Newman's) for that is perfection.

Bill
Old 07-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

vi3tishduy - The HobbyTown in Westminster carries a full line of parts for the JRX-S and the TC4. They are located on the south-east corner of 92nd and Wadsworth. If you need direction from some place, post where you are coming from.

Westminster - Races every sunday in the parking lot in front of the store. And indoors on the carpet on wednesday night.

If you have any other questions please feel free to post them.

Later, Lee
Old 07-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vi3tishduy
Are you referring to the shop at MHOR? I can't believe Jess does not carry either of those cars. Thing is he does carry Losi and could easily get it for you with no problem. I would guess no one has really expressed interest there for either of those two cars, which I find hard to believe. I'm personally kicking aroung getting another JRXS!!! I may keep one for asphalt and one for carpet.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah. Theres only one guy there with a JRXS. Anyway, dude... in westminister? I live all the way down near utah pool in aurora colorado. I can drive, but I only have a learners permit. My dad wouldnt drive me up there for races every sunday although that would be nice ^_^. How much is the JRXS up at that store in westminister?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

The lowest price thus far is the one at Ultimate hobbies at 359.99.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I officially have two JRXS's now!! I bought the one here that someone had up that was a carpet car. It will be nice having one for asphalt and for carpet, not to mention all the spare parts!!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is there a part number for the BK brackets? Part number on the new battery tray?

Later EddieO
Old 07-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

EddieO,
PookyT seems to be the main supplier of BK brackets. I don't recall the part # for the Battery.

E
Old 07-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I thought they were 2 kind the one that pooky makes and the one that losi makes ?!?
Old 07-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

To all that may care
The intergrated C L-CAN-FAN stock top deck has exactly the same tolarances as the original 2.80/3.00mm=0.110" but can flutuate as carbon fibre often does, The cost of this mod is $58.00 all in including p&p to the US
We also carry a 1.8/2mm version upgrade top deck to give more flex to the centre of the car, this upgrade will be $29.00. If you was to purchase to 2 items, the cost would be £85.00 Please do not hesitae to ask any more questions you may have
JRX-S Bill has suggested that we leave a little more material towards the rear of the steering fixture holes for more fixing options like on the XXX-S I guess Cheers for that idea, it will be addhered
Malc (Slim)
Old 07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Is there a part number for the BK brackets? Part number on the new battery tray?

Later EddieO
Battery Tray LOSA4309

BK Brackets; I heard they were going to be moulded into the arms one day... coming soon.... otherwise, The "Pook Master" is da Man.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.