Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default upgrade to rrr evo upper deck>

hi guys
is it worth changing my current wce to the evo upper deck?

wat are some advantages/disadvantes for this ?

thank you
john
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

hey all, im new to nitro, i got a V-one RRR WC, anything i should look out for
Old 05-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hi guys
is it worth changing my current wce to the evo upper deck?

wat are some advantages/disadvantes for this ?

thank you
john
I heard from some drivers that Evo upper deck is better for low-medium traction condition, and non Evo better for high traction. I have changed others parts to Evo, but not upper deck. Some good upgrade would be the aluminum pulley and shocks
Evo upper deck is easier to work with
Old 05-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little_Mike
hey all, im new to nitro, i got a V-one RRR WC, anything i should look out for
Make sure your gear mesh is accurate
Build it & have fun
Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jeff1
I heard from some drivers that Evo upper deck is better for low-medium traction condition, and non Evo better for high traction. I have changed others parts to Evo, but not upper deck. Some good upgrade would be the aluminum pulley and shocks
Evo upper deck is easier to work with
I've heard the opposite & speaking with some other teammates we really could not tell the difference standup or laydown
All that I can express is easier servo maintenance with the standup
Old 05-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

how easy is it to convert to Evo? Im just wondering cus the regular is a pain for servo stuff and my receiver (JR 3000 synth.) wont fit!!! but, Im still in the process of building so maybe I should keep my mouth shut!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

how easy is it to convert to Evo? Im just wondering cus the regular is a pain for servo stuff and my receiver (JR 3000 synth.) wont fit!!! but, Im still in the process of building so maybe I should keep my mouth shut!
Why everybody want to convert to Evo? You dont NEED the evo stuff, yust the blue prings are nice but they fix also on the normal shocks if you customise them.

Greetz
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H4gI
Why everybody want to convert to Evo? You dont NEED the evo stuff, yust the blue prings are nice but they fix also on the normal shocks if you customise them.

Greetz
Top deck is not that much off to notice the different in performance. but the less volume shocks body and the new rear top linkage is what makes the different and not to mention the new layshaft is hell alot easy to work on when you need to change the rear belt
Old 05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tl2111
Top deck is not that much off to notice the different in performance. but the less volume shocks body and the new rear top linkage is what makes the different and not to mention the new layshaft is hell alot easy to work on when you need to change the rear belt
Yes for working on the car there are some nice stuff`s included, but the shoks are not realy different to the normal RRR, the alle new shocks wich are included in the Elektro-Kits (TF-5) are much better then the Evo shocks... believe me.

greetz
Old 05-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yes for working on the car there are some nice stuff`s included, but the shoks are not realy different to the normal RRR, the alle new shocks wich are included in the Elektro-Kits (TF-5) are much better then the Evo shocks... believe me.

greetz
yes believe me, the combo of the new piston and new shocks body make big different in term of handling especially in high traction smooth track
Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Can we use TF-5 shocks to a RRR?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tl2111
yes believe me, the combo of the new piston and new shocks body make big different in term of handling especially in high traction smooth track
Old 05-22-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can we use TF-5 shocks to a RRR?
yep, Josh Cyrul used TF-5 Shocks at the 200mm Worlds
Old 05-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

greetz
The shocks are very different in size,diaphram,shafts are titanium & come with different pistons as well the most benefit of the new shocks are they are more consistent than the older ones when coming to rebuilding them the older style has a tendency to leak from pinching of the diaphram since it does not have a limiter on the thread the new one has a limiter & resolves any pinching I have'nt rebuild my shocks since january & they still rebound perfectly & will be touching them for the first time as a precaution for a upcoming race
Old 05-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

It's not that hard but it's harder to find the conversion kit. best bet is to call kyoshoamerica to see if it is still available
If you go on the nitro knowledge base it should be posted what parts & the parts # to convert it to an evo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.