Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On the VSW006, I don't remember if this has not been discussed so far; I've tried taking away the 2mm spacers and put on 0mm offset wheels, it's CLOSE to the rear hub, but still there's a 2mm clearance, so I guess it it should be ok.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
That chart is very helpful great info. That's why I like RCTECH so much, always good info. to get. Thanks Tommi.
It's all about sharing and learning in this hobby... Kudos to SlowSteady and NiMo for putting up such great info on 3Hobby.net.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Either VSW007 or VSW006 will be fine. You just have to take note of the wheel offset you are using. Please see my two previous threads for reference:

Posts #5400 and #5406 on the next page:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...37#post2219937
Old 04-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

just out of curiousity, what is the advantage of using a 2mm offset?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joemugen
I tried to find this information out of the Web and couldn’t find anything. Maybe someone has this info at their finger tips. My personal opinion, is that the zero mm offset offers a better distribution of downward force across the width of the tire, based on a more negative camber settings. But that's just my theory - I could be completely wrong.

The wheels that come with the WCE kit have a 2mm offset. The setup sheets shows a camber of 0.5. Based on my theory, if you leave it at 0.5 and don't have a coning problem, the 2mm offset would give you better downward force accross the tire than a zero offet wheel.

The ground truth and other theories would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I tried to find this information out of the Web and couldn’t find anything. Maybe someone has this info at their finger tips. My personal opinion, is that the zero mm offset offers a better distribution of downward force across the width of the tire, based on a more negative camber settings. But that's just my theory - I could be completely wrong.

The wheels that come with the WCE kit have a 2mm offset. The setup sheets shows a camber of 0.5. Based on my theory, if you leave it at 0.5 and don't have a coning problem, the 2mm offset would give you better downward force accross the tire than a zero offet wheel.

The ground truth and other theories would be greatly appreciated.
the only real advantage that i ever used was, for example, if your car teched at 201mm, you could replace the 2mm spacer with a 1.5mm spacer (one 1mm and one .5mm) so it makes it a lot easier to change your track width
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joemugen
It's about "wheel flex". Offset wheels have less flex, giving a more stable and predictable handling comparing to 0 offset wheels.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tommi
It's about "wheel flex". Offset wheels have less flex, giving a more stable and predictable handling comparing to 0 offset wheels.
That makes senses to me. If this is the case, why would anyone want to use zero offset wheels? Unfortunately, some wheels only come with a zero offset.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
That makes senses to me. If this is the case, why would anyone want to use zero offset wheels? Unfortunately, some wheels only come with a zero offset.
The choice on wheels depends on the car characteristics and also the drivers' preference in my opinion, some like flexible wheels, some like hard wheels. I was driving the NTC3 before the RRR, the NTC3 runs great on normal 0mm offset tires, there's simply no need for offset wheels, the car is designed to use normal wheels.

Both normal and offset wheels has got different handling characteristics that some like and some don't. To me, it's another tuning option to the "flex" dimension of the car.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:13 PM
jag
Tech Master

Hope these pics are clear enough, this is how the spacer works on the VSW007. Without the spacer, the shaft will be left sliding in and out of the rear hub. On an alternative wheel hex, 3Racing makes one with 1mm offset, still does not quite work without a spacer. The spacer is doing the job good, no worries; I've used both 0 offset and 2mm offset wheels on the VSW007, no problems at all.
Thanks. That helps alot.

What wheel hexes are you using and what are you using for the 2mm washers?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
jag
Tech Master

On the VSW006, I don't remember if this has not been discussed so far; I've tried taking away the 2mm spacers and put on 0mm offset wheels, it's CLOSE to the rear hub, but still there's a 2mm clearance, so I guess it it should be ok.

Did you ever race the car setup like this? If so, did you find that the wheel rubbed the upright at any time? I know in the past with my 710 if I used Jaco tires in the front, they would rub a groove in the steering arm from flexing and bending. I had to use a 1mm spacer.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Thanks. That helps alot.

What wheel hexes are you using and what are you using for the 2mm washers?
The hexes are 3Racing ones, 0mm offset hex. The 2mm spacers is included in the VSW007.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Did you ever race the car setup like this? If so, did you find that the wheel rubbed the upright at any time? I know in the past with my 710 if I used Jaco tires in the front, they would rub a groove in the steering arm from flexing and bending. I had to use a 1mm spacer.
I do not have 0mm offset wheel shaft to try it out, I believe rmdhawaii got himself the VSW006 with the 0mm offset wheel shaft, maybe he can give you an account on that?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

whats a good set up for a big track with sweeping turns traction is good
Old 04-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Hope these pics are clear enough, this is how the spacer works on the VSW007. Without the spacer, the shaft will be left sliding in and out of the rear hub. On an alternative wheel hex, 3Racing makes one with 1mm offset, still does not quite work without a spacer. The spacer is doing the job good, no worries; I've used both 0 offset and 2mm offset wheels on the VSW007, no problems at all.
OMG !!!!! My setting exactly the same as YOU !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.