Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The stock is in the manual ay?

i had it partially dialed, but he's not used to a one way so its hard to drive. plus hes never had an engine so quick haha... also has anyone else had problems of the dogbone falling out of the front and half of the one way coming out. it happened twice to him today.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hav_lova

i had it partially dialed, but he's not used to a one way so its hard to drive. plus hes never had an engine so quick haha... also has anyone else had problems of the dogbone falling out of the front and half of the one way coming out. it happened twice to him today.
The stock setup is the one in the manual.

If the dogbone is falling out then probably the front tracking is too wide. Also have a look in the manual, for the section where the one-way is placed into the car - you'll see that some rubber rings are placed in the outdrives, this will prevent the dogbones from moving around too much.

When you say the one-way is coming out, do you mean the whole unit, or the outdrives (i.e. the adaptors which fit into the one-way itself). Again if the outdrives are coming out, then the front-tracking is far too wide.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

the outdrives
Old 03-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

the outdrives
Ok, then it should be the width of the car which is causing the problem.

Check all of the settings of the car carefully against the setup sheet, i.e. downstops, width, camber, toe-in/out, anti-roll bars, caster, etc.
Check the shocks, too, to make sure they are working correctly and have no air in them.

Without the shocks mounted make sure the suspension arms fall down by themselves and don't have excessive play.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Yea i gave it a good setup today and it was improved on the setup my dad did. but it still felt loose compared to our other cars...
Old 03-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

suggest you dismantle the whole car out and rebulit the car based on the manual....thru there, maybe you know whats went wrong...cos the car is race ready out from the box
Old 03-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Yea i gave it a good setup today and it was improved on the setup my dad did. but it still felt loose compared to our other cars...
Do what maskedrider suggests - you really need to check to see if all the components of a second-hand car are ok.

Is the car too loose when you apply power? What are the grip levels like on your track?
It could be that the diff oil is simply too thick, causing the back-end to break loose on power.

Are there other RRR drivers at your track - ask them for a setup and ask them to give your car a spin to see what they think the problem.

Another important point is to ensure you have a 2mm front-to-rear tyre split, as per the stock setup, i.e. the fronts 2mm smaller in diameter than the rears.

Cheers, Mark
Old 03-05-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you can, go for the front swingshafts... either Kyosho or the 3-Racing ones.....this`ll stop the dogbones coming out.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

For Tempe take the roll bar out of the rear altogether, 2-3 degrees toe out on rear and 1 degree on front and 3-5mm droop on rear and nothing on front.

That should get your dad around very quickly especially at Tempe.

Also like markp said try running a less weight oil in the rear diff i run 15,000 and the car has plenty of grip i might even go down to 10k or 7k.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

I have been running this car for some time now and I realy like how this car handles. The car is also very durable and very easy to work on. The only weak parts on the car is the rear shock tower ( which is now upgraded ), alum brake hub and disk , the lower rear hinges pins bend very easy, and the front wheels like to chew on the shock ball ends. Does anyone have any input on how these very minor weak areas can be improved. Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc racing dude
I have been running this car for some time now and I realy like how this car handles. The car is also very durable and very easy to work on. The only weak parts on the car is the rear shock tower ( which is now upgraded ), alum brake hub and disk , the lower rear hinges pins bend very easy, and the front wheels like to chew on the shock ball ends. Does anyone have any input on how these very minor weak areas can be improved. Thanks in advance for your help!!
regarding the ball ends take a file on the inside of the rim & shave them down just like you would do when you are truing your tires down that should help you out big time as for the shock tower stay away from the board I been running my RRR since last August & have not broken a shock tower & im knocking on wood as well I bent a rear hinge pin but that was on full throttle & went to tight in a chicane & it was slightly bent so i think it is pretty durable good luck with the car
Old 03-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

try a little more camber & what is the toe in at in the rear
Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

its a medium grip track, it's on a tenniscourt it has two fast sweeping corners and 3-4 tight corners and its loose at low speed. i think most noticably off power...

I'm going to take it apart the next chance i get and have a look at everything. thanks for all the help
Old 03-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 710baby
try a little more camber & what is the toe in at in the rear
i think i'm running 1.5 degrees of toe in
Old 03-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i'd like to share something iv discoverd... its a program the can calculate and simulate roll center acition...

http://www.performancetrends.com/rc.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.