Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Square delrin outdrives

Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi guys, could you tell me if you can use the stock diff assembly with the square delrin outdrives? I thought they could be a good alternative to the AE light steel or the IRS, just wondering what assembly they use

Cheers!

The Square diff uses all of the stock diff parts
-Dave
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: duhhhh on my part, sorry

Originally posted by JIMC
I will either run the brand new EA Motorsports monster or one of two Putnam Excessive Force monsters or I have a brand new Bird handout motor
Thanks
i run anywhere from a 32 to a 36 tooth pinion with a 100 tooth spur with my stock motors. i run at SoCal which is high bite asphalt and a medium to small sized tight track.

the gear ratio allways depends on the track you are running on.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JWATT
RPM
I used the RPM ball cups and had problems with 28 mm foams rubbing. Instead of using spacers, I went back to stock.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

yeah, even my 26mm foams rub on the rear ball cups, they just miss the ones on the ront (im talking about the camber links here)...i just filled them down a bit and they only just rub now, i aint to bothered.

but i might try and find some that are similar sized to stock ones that are like rpm if you know what i mean....PRM but smaller
Old 03-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Try using Associated's ballcups from the truck, I have used them for ages on my TC3 and will prob put them on my TC4, they are inbetween the stock cup and the RPM cup in size and have extra length for the rod to thread into
Old 03-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Just back from our first proper test session with the TC4.

This car is just out of this world. And I am comparing it with our TC3 with which my son Josh won all 3 finals just as he pleased last weekend. So this car is already better than the quickest car on our tracks.

We ran 4 packs today, actually making very few changes. It was more a case of getting used to the car. We ran on old tyres, and generally testing equipment as opposed to race stuff, yet he still made both the same race and lap times as he did while racing last Sunday.

His comments: The car is so much easier to drive and drives so much more precisely. ou have to put much more effort into the TC3 to get a really quick lap but with this one quick laps come up so easily.

I must say that even looking at it, I could see that it was so much more agile. When he corrected mistakes the car did what he asked straight away and with total precision. Everything seemed so effortless and although it was lapping regularly on record lap times, it actually seemed as though it wasn't going fast at all. Yet the watch gave us a different story.

There's still so much we still have to try. I have a feeling this car is going to end up so much quicker. And Josh is absolutely beaming with optimism.

I asked him today if he had to choose between his all conquering TC3 and this which would he drive in a championship meeting.

There was no question about it. No hesitation. TC4.

Is it possible I've hit it so right already? I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Just back from our first proper test session with the TC4.

This car is just out of this world. And I am comparing it with our TC3 with which my son Josh won all 3 finals just as he pleased last weekend. So this car is already better than the quickest car on our tracks.

We ran 4 packs today, actually making very few changes. It was more a case of getting used to the car. We ran on old tyres, and generally testing equipment as opposed to race stuff, yet he still made both the same race and lap times as he did while racing last Sunday.

His comments: The car is so much easier to drive and drives so much more precisely. ou have to put much more effort into the TC3 to get a really quick lap but with this one quick laps come up so easily.

I must say that even looking at it, I could see that it was so much more agile. When he corrected mistakes the car did what he asked straight away and with total precision. Everything seemed so effortless and although it was lapping regularly on record lap times, it actually seemed as though it wasn't going fast at all. Yet the watch gave us a different story.

There's still so much we still have to try. I have a feeling this car is going to end up so much quicker. And Josh is absolutely beaming with optimism.

I asked him today if he had to choose between his all conquering TC3 and this which would he drive in a championship meeting.

There was no question about it. No hesitation. TC4.

Is it possible I've hit it so right already? I'll keep you guys posted.
Sounds like you have a winner.. after you Iron out some of the small stuff with this car..it's really on point...
-Dave
Old 03-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

I run rubber tires on carpet.

I am new to carpet racing, and the only other rc car stuff I ever did was in a field with my RC10T about 12-15 yrs ago...

Anyways, the car was ok to drive but fairly pushy, even with the 2.0 deg rear block, so I decided to try removing all the shims under the blocks (with the exception of 2 tabs at the front maintaining my 6 deg total caster)...

Wow what a difference, I must have gained at least 1 second a lap (hotshoes at our track are doing very low 9 sec laps, my best is now a 9.9) in both 19T and stock as well as a LOT of confidence in the car. I've only been running a TC since the first week of January.. prior to that I ran a tamiya mini for a month.

Now I just need to replace the standard servo I am using, and possibly try a one-way, and I'm all set. I've spent very little on bling for the car (rear blocks, hex adapters, lightened steel outdrives front only) and I am very pleased with it.

Of course I think the IB cells I am running don't hurt either +)
Old 03-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I'm in need of a good setup for...

med grip, tight ozite carpet track. I can't seem to get good high speed cornering. Any ideas?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Whats the problem? loose? push?
Old 03-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default anti roll bar kit

Hi!
Would like to know if you need other parts for the anti roll bar kit like the ballstuds 31058?

Do you often use the anti roll bars?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default it's pushing and I have to slow down

so much to make the corners.

I'm running:

Front
1-shim up front
2-hole in on the shock/ inner hole bottom/yellow springs
4 degree caster
60 weight #2
1-shim steering rack
1- shim bump steer
Long camber link, no shims
no toe
1.5 camber
blk sway bar
Purple/plaid

Rear
1-shim rear
shocks, top-outer hole / bottom-outer hole/ copper springs
40 weight #2
2.0 camber
shorter camber link out side, no shims
2.5 toe

Paragon, Mazda 6
Old 03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Try adding sway bar on the rear, or taking the one off the front.

I used to run a sway bar on the front and never could cure a push. As I only had the one, and didn't have one for the rear my only option was remove the front one.

LHS has bars back in stock so I will be picking up a set for the rear now though. I think I am suffering from a bit too much roll.

TBevo, the roll bar kits come with everything u need.

Wish they sold the little plastic parts the screws go into... think I have stripped one of mine, and the plastic of the damn things is soooo soft.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Take the Roll center shims off the front and rear, run one under the circle block. Shorten the front camber link one hole.

I'd go to copper/ red springs, 2.0 deg rear toe, and I've heard the Mazda puts out too much down force for carpet.

You might want to switch to Dbl pink/ Orange and Dbl Pink tires. They have less sidebite than the purples which will help your car rotate and more forward bite to put the power down out of the corner.

You didnt give your wheelbase shim settings. I am running 2 in front of the front arms and one behind and the rears are all the way back.

Hope this gives you some things to try.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Dave.

Yes, it seems pretty close already. Now I want to try it without any roll centre shims, but really it's so good already that I will be happy, even if it stays as good as it is.

I'm optimistic that there's still a long way to go. It's not everyday that someone hits it just right, straight away, and I'm quite sure I haven't.

Let me know when you have some news and prices on that Square stuff. I presume you got my PM.

I'll get into the AE site and see what Blackstock and Baker are running on tarmac. Hopefully I'll find a set up using rubber tyres, because it's a different ball game running foams.

I'll keep you posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.