Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i think i read it here in this thread. you need to remove some material on the c hub (area where it rubs). also thought i read that serpent knows about the issue and were making running changes to the parts to make more clearance.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LOW ET
i think i read it here in this thread. you need to remove some material on the c hub (area where it rubs). also thought i read that serpent knows about the issue and were making running changes to the parts to make more clearance.

ok thanks for the help, i just didn't want to start filing blindly hoping to make then fit better just to break a c hub in the next race lol
Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Hi, I sold all my serpent cars and parts, as I was no longer going to race, just wanted to let all you guys know, you were all great and all the help and advice given to me was very apperciated, I still have a xray left over and will try that , I hope the xray guys are as great as all of you have been, but not really worried since I am not really going to race with it just drive with it for fun it was a gift from my sister so have to wait a bit until i can sell it, lol, where she bought the car the hs told her it was the best car to have, apperently he does not sell serpent, I hope I can get back into racing and at that time my weapon will be a serpent, but for now off I go to the xray thread, since it is a gift I will probably hold on to this for a little longer, but once again thanks to all and best regards
Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

On my normal S411, I do need to remove some material on the c-hub to clear the DCJ but on my LE, serpent has made the changes,the c-hubs have a bigger clearance for the DCJ joints, so no need to enlarge it. FYI I enlarge my old c-hubs by using body reamer, ream it from the inside slowly just about mid point. Its not that hard and will make an almost factory cut like clearance.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dameetz
On my normal S411, I do need to remove some material on the c-hub to clear the DCJ but on my LE, serpent has made the changes,the c-hubs have a bigger clearance for the DCJ joints, so no need to enlarge it. FYI I enlarge my old c-hubs by using body reamer, ream it from the inside slowly just about mid point. Its not that hard and will make an almost factory cut like clearance.
thank you sir, that sounds like great advise i will try it tomorrow after work
Old 03-01-2012, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokefan
You get another chassis yet?
Should be at the house today!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
Hi, I sold all my serpent cars and parts, as I was no longer going to race, just wanted to let all you guys know, you were all great and all the help and advice given to me was very apperciated, I still have a xray left over and will try that , I hope the xray guys are as great as all of you have been, but not really worried since I am not really going to race with it just drive with it for fun it was a gift from my sister so have to wait a bit until i can sell it, lol, where she bought the car the hs told her it was the best car to have, apperently he does not sell serpent, I hope I can get back into racing and at that time my weapon will be a serpent, but for now off I go to the xray thread, since it is a gift I will probably hold on to this for a little longer, but once again thanks to all and best regards
Sorry to see ya leave the hobby but sometimes it's nessacary as I took a 2yr break...good luck in whatever you do.. We will be here when you come back...
Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

sucks. i have been in and out for over 15 years. its tough to stay out especially since there is nothing else to do around where i live. best of luck to you.

Originally Posted by zaraz
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Instruction DJC

Hope this helps! ;-)
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-instruction-dcj-small.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Should be at the house today!!!
Should have my car Monday
Old 03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gergely
Hope this helps! ;-)
thankyou it does
Old 03-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Does anyone know if someone makes o rings that will fit the serpent shocks?
I finally got my shocks for my s411 after running for almost a month without them and of course 1 has a problem, it won't rebound at all. The others built as easy as pie. It almost feels as though the shaft is being restricted through the pre assembled part.

It actually rebounds very slightly 1-2 mm, I am thinking of trying to match the other side to it and running to see if it wears in?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

try pressing on the clip that holds the bottom of the pre-assembled shock together (make sure it's seated properly). i had a similar issue but once i pushed on the clip everything was fine. make sure the clip is not touching the shock shaft.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

thx
Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
thx
I personally like the car way better with 0 rebound in the shocks! IMO full rebound is just force against the spring when the shock becomes more loaded... although I can see where changing from say 0 to 50% might make the springs feel the slightest bit stiffer without actually changing the spring rate, since spring rate changes can have a drastic effect on the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.