Originally Posted by syndr0me
OLD
NEW
WTF!
WOW!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Where are you finding this stuff on the Corally site? Its like trying to find a ninja in the dark!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Where are you finding this stuff on the Corally site? Its like trying to find a ninja in the dark!
http://international.corally.com/def...ernational.htm
Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

How come no one is answering the ackerman question? The manual lays it out nicely for the dual crank steering. What are the ranges for the center post? I would like to know before I change mine over.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Lord

I haven't heard of anybody here running the single post steering. I also haven't seen it documented anywhere on any Corally site, aside from saying it's now and option. That's probably why.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

the corally site says the steering system "allows the option of mounting the center steering system for more Ackerman."

I thought the most aggressive setting with the "old" steering system allowed for full ackerman (both wheels equal at turning radius)....not too sure though??
Old 10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Lord

So, I'm a little skeptical about this new chassis. It's only 2.4mm, and I guess the stiffening plate is intended to make it suitable for carpet racing. But what about those of us using foams on carpet? I haven't seen this chassis on any of the cars from the IIC, so how much testing did it get, exactly, with foam tires? Haven't we learned from XRay's Multi-Sux(tm) debacle that adjustable flex is lame for foam racers?

Does this nose-heavy car really need more weight up front? I know the plate is light, but still... Foam racers generally don't need that crap.

Sorry to speculate, maybe someone in the know can educate us?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I had thought of that Wes . . .any idea whether it will weaken the aluminum? Just LMK when you come up with the set-up. I'm up a creek till I can get some help. It was like driving on ice . . I think it must be the carpet at Mikes because by all accounts the setups posted on the Corally site ought to get me in the ball park.
The heat will not weaken the aluminum, In Nitro engines when you need to replace the bearings you have to heat up the block, So everything should be fine.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

So, I'm a little skeptical about this new chassis. It's only 2.4mm, and I guess the stiffening plate is intended to make it suitable for carpet racing. But what about those of us using foams on carpet? I haven't seen this chassis on any of the cars from the IIC, so how much testing did it get, exactly, with foam tires? Haven't we learned from XRay's Multi-Sux(tm) debacle that adjustable flex is lame for foam racers?

Does this nose-heavy car really need more weight up front? I know the plate is light, but still... Foam racers generally don't need that crap.

Sorry to speculate, maybe someone in the know can educate us?

Maybe since they already have a proven carpet car, they are now making a thinner more flexible asphault version
Old 10-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Maybe since they already have a proven carpet car, they are now making a thinner more flexible asphault version
Well, I'm pretty sure you're kidding (I hope!) but the description on the flexy thing mentions being used for carpet racing. Maybe we'll see a US Spec version of the new car when it comes out, like they did with the 12X and original RDX. I just hope they don't force adjustable flex on us.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Lord

Paging BMI Jason to the Corally thread. Get your mills ready! :-D
Old 10-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well, I'm pretty sure you're kidding (I hope!) but the description on the flexy thing mentions being used for carpet racing. Maybe we'll see a US Spec version of the new car when it comes out, like they did with the 12X and original RDX. I just hope they don't force adjustable flex on us.

Are you Kidding? Back to Back National titles is not good enough for you. What other car has beaten Paul Lemieux. Now Toso just needs a asphalt car and he will dominate carpet and asphalt.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Are you Kidding? Back to Back National titles is not good enough for you. What other car has beaten Paul Lemieux. Now Toso just needs a asphalt car and he will dominate carpet and asphalt.
No, I'm not kidding. I'm a little bit weary of chassis with adjustable flex for people that race carpet. The RDX with this new chassis (or presumably the new car) hasn't beaten anybody yet. What does anything I said have to do with your little tirade about back-to-back championships? We know the current car is incredible, nobody is disputing that. I'm talking about the new parts. Did you actually read what I wrote before you posted?

I hope they develop one car with the ability to be tuned for all kinds of racing, like they've got now. I hope they do that without compromises like goofy flex adjusting, otherwise I'm going to toss my "why compromise" towel in the trash. Developing a car strictly for one type of racing is asinine, and will alienate their customer base that doesn't car about said style of racing. I'm hopeful that Corally won't do that. Maybe there's more to come. Maybe a 2.4mm chassis with an extra plate with be more than stiff enough for the kind of racing we do. Yea, that's it.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Are the 1.1 pistons supposed to basically be the same as the Tamiya 3 hole?
Well, they are the same surface area according to my dad. Yet 3 small holes will have more pack than 2 bigger holes. The Tamiya pistons though do not fit the Corally shock bodies perfectly so there is blowby between the shock body. They are probably really similar. Of course we want to stop people from using Tamiya pistons. haha. Corally does not make them.

I had 1.1mm pistons in both my foam and rubber tire cars in Vegas. Similar to a #2 piston from AE.

Jeff
Old 10-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

Ah, interesting, thanks for letting us know. I'll pick up a pair on my next order and give them a try.

Did you guys use many of the updated parts (like the new arms, rear hubs, etc, topdeck) in Veags? Learn anything from it? I'm guessing the low traction made it hard to really get a good feel about how that stuff work work in more standard conditions for a large event.

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Well, they are the same surface area according to my dad. Yet 3 small holes will have more pack than 2 bigger holes. The Tamiya pistons though do not fit the Corally shock bodies perfectly so there is blowby between the shock body. They are probably really similar. Of course we want to stop people from using Tamiya pistons. haha. Corally does not make them.

I had 1.1mm pistons in both my foam and rubber tire cars in Vegas. Similar to a #2 piston from AE.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.