Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Also as a new owner, sometimes finding info in this thread can be confusing- i.e. 'ultra' low roll blocks.

There is the corally company forum, surely one of the threads in there could a discription of the optional or upgraded parts and the reason for them.

i.e. 79121 Low roll centre blocks
Ideal for carpet applications where less body roll is required.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

I AGREE!!! Trying to find anything in this thread is almost a waste of time.....I am also a fairly new RDX owner. I love the car!!! Just wish there was a database I could use to EASILY research upgrades and performance tricks.....
Old 03-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

I agree that it can be very difficult finding stuff in these threads. I do feel however that that is no excuse for the same questions being asked over and over (not targeting at anyone here). If you look at the forums, there are guys that open threads all the time asking really stupid stuff (what stock motor do you run or what car shoudl I buy) when all they had to do is a quick 2 second search and they would have all the info they wanted.

Anyway, when I fiorst joined RCtech, I was already well versed in RC but I waited about 2 months before my first post. My first 2 months of membership was reading the entire site. Reading 400 pages on the TC3 and others threads like it. Doing this stoped me from asking the same question that has already been asked 100 times and keeps me from looking stupid.

It also keeps down a lot of redundant information. After the same question has been asked 20 different times, the people who really know about the subject stop posting on it because it becomes tiresome to type the same thing over and over. Honeslty, most people are better off searching through 200 pages for answers than reasking the same question over and over becuase the only people that will now respond are those you really wouldn't want responding.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slingblade
I AGREE!!! Trying to find anything in this thread is almost a waste of time.....I am also a fairly new RDX owner. I love the car!!! Just wish there was a database I could use to EASILY research upgrades and performance tricks.....
Sorry but i have to chime in....

Look in the upper right side of your screen at the "search this thread" button. Type "setup", "update", "new", etc.

What will you guys want next RTR race cars, mechanics to fix you cars for you?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

I have had enough on this car... its gone... you would think that there would be more support with the car... its the most delicate car. Plus i dont like how they advertise all there Stock wins when no one else was even in the class to race them.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goodHANDLE100
I have had enough on this car... its gone... you would think that there would be more support with the car... its the most delicate car. Plus i dont like how they advertise all there Stock wins when no one else was even in the class to race them.
I guess you live by the saying "Ignorance is bliss", then.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

What will you guys want next RTR race cars, mechanics to fix you cars for you?
.....No I don't want that. I was just agreeing with the idea that syndr0me had posted......
Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

parts are sent and you have a pm Mr McCoo
Old 03-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also agree, Syndr0m.

I bought the RDX after the Novak race two years ago, but could only run for a couple of months. I'm back in after a year and trying to catch up is very time consuming.

I know how to search, but typing in "shims", "couplers", "low blocks", "enter phrase here" reveals either too little information for a new guy to understand or too many pages to sort through. Especially when "coupler" is never mensioned in the RDX manual. It's easier to post a question you guys have seen a 100 times. I just think people are looking for a more efficient way of finding the more basic and steadfast information to make this car perform well.

I eventually gave up on the search and spent days reading the entire thread. If I didn't, I never would have known what issues to pay attention to (like the diff bolt). I just don't see new comers wading through all the information I did and can understand why they would get frustrated and quit.

I would like to see the FAQ include three basic sections:
1) General & Option Parts
2) Carpet Setup
3) Asphault Setup

I am willing to help organize and write portions if needed.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default FAQ Forum for RDX

I know as much as Corally USA would like to be able to have a separate forum for questions it most likely wont happen because Jeff and Rob just dont have the time to do it.They are depending and hoping those who have had the car and raced it will be helpful along with the dealers who carry their product. I know i talk to them a few times a week getting parts and keeping up with upgrades and watching what our sponsored team does and uses.

Jim
Old 03-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

i'll set up a forum on the corally usa website like the xray one for them, if some people voulenteer to moderate it.

My charge would be a couple of US spec kits.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If a forum was setup, I know several team drivers including myself and probably Korey Harbke would moderate and help. I'll discuss this with Jeff.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BritRacer
Also as a new owner, sometimes finding info in this thread can be confusing- i.e. 'ultra' low roll blocks.

There is the corally company forum, surely one of the threads in there could a discription of the optional or upgraded parts and the reason for them.

i.e. 79121 Low roll centre blocks
Ideal for carpet applications where less body roll is required.
Correct. They are called "low" blocks. Reason being is it is the only optional block available. Somehow through racers or whatever, they got dubbed "ultra low" because it was lower than anything available out of the box.

BTW...... they induce more roll into a setup.

Jeff
Old 03-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My best advise as of right now, for those of you that want the Corally Cliff's Notes Set-Up Book, sit down one night, and read all 200+ pages of this thread! Have a notebook handy and take notes (I know, I know, some of you in here haven't done that since history class yoru junior year in high school) but read it, write it down, and try it, if it works for you, highlite it and if it doesn't, write down when it did or did not do so you know what you have. If you think of something else to try, that no one else has meantioned, share it with the group, maybe someone has tried it (God only know's how many different setup's we used at the Novak race alone).

Just remember, if being fast was easy, even Adrian woudl be fast! J/k see you in Cali outside?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

CORALLY FORUM

After talking with Jim it made me think of how to take care of this. Then I remembered we have a "Corally Products" forum already setup in the manufacturers area of RC Tech that we pay for. We can create any threads within that area we would like.

I understand it can be tough at times to find things and search through many pages. Especially when people post a lot and info gets pushed back like 2 pages in one day.

It seems like this is as good as time as any to start using the space we have setup on this site. Let me know what you think. From that info I can probably start an FAQ section for our website.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.