Toys will be toys ! LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
I guess a novalosi will be the new RTR losi engine

You guys sure are defensive , holy smokes

Toys will be toys ! LOL
I don't think it is to be marketed as an RTR engine. More of a replacement for the GRP engines. Sure seemed to hurt GRP sales being associated with a toy company huh?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it looks like a nova bf
Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I don't think it is to be marketed as an RTR engine. More of a replacement for the GRP engines. Sure seemed to hurt GRP sales being associated with a toy company huh?
Its funny how you are so defensive and so forthcoming with your sarcasm

Only time will tell what happens , I just hope money and greed do not supercede and cause a certain company to lose reputation as a high quality racebred engine manufacturer .

Happy motorin',
Monty

Last edited by houston; 02-11-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I guess a novalosi will be the new RTR losi engine

You guys sure are defensive , holy smokes

Toys will be toys ! LOL
no more defensive than you with novarossi mtrs ...im just sayin

+1
Its funny how you are so defensive and so forthcoming with your sarcasm

reminds me of a novarossi dealer i know im just sayin

Only time will tell what happens , I just hope money and greed do not superceed and cause a certain company to lose reputation as a high quality racebred engine manufacturer .

Happy motorin',
Monty
i doubt they will
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Didn't GRP pulled an Italian job on there engine plant?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Indeed they did
Old 02-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
I guess if I was running an OS powered Hot Bodies car, I'd be a top pro too.

And if you believe that, I have a new, Chinese made, 20 min on a tank, 50 gallon lasting, World Championship winning motor to sell you for 20 bux.

Just kidding, I get your point and agree with it.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

After 3 quals
http://www.neobuggy.net/images/News/pattq3.jpg
Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wingracer
Indeed they did
I hope it is not contagious, or signs of what can when happen when associated with Losi. LOL (just joking)
Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm, so Losi became a toy factory... I kind of agree... BUT!

Although I was pissed when they and AE started making all this RTR crap - and I never was a Losi/AE(I loved the rc500 though) fan, I've been a 1/8 scale gas nut since the 80's when I got a Kyosho Vanning for Christmas , Though I have an 8ight now - the only thing that they are doing is trying to grow and become a big company like, let me see, Kyosho????

Houston, you are a huge kyosho fan, how is Losi/Horizon different? I see they both have a RTR/POS department, and a racing dept like almost every other big company (AE/TTR etc.).

If it where like you say then maybe only Serpent and Mugen are true scale model manufactures... Just a thought!

X
Old 02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Hmm, so Losi became a toy factory... I kind of agree... BUT!

Although I was pissed when they and AE started making all this RTR crap - and I never was a Losi/AE(I loved the rc500 though) fan, I've been a 1/8 scale gas nut since the 80's when I got a Kyosho Vanning for Christmas , Though I have an 8ight now - the only thing that they are doing is trying to grow and become a big company like, let me see, Kyosho????

Houston, you are a huge kyosho fan, how is Losi/Horizon different? I see they both have a RTR/POS department, and a racing dept like almost every other big company (AE/TTR etc.).

If it where like you say then maybe only Serpent and Mugen are true scale model manufactures... Just a thought!

X
I don't mean to sound like Losi cars are junk , idk why it is taken that way , I'm sorry .

There is high quality and then there is mass production which imo is wayyyyy harder to maintain high quality products.

I just hope that novarossi maintains there high quality standards , that's all I'm saying .

If you don't understand where I am coming from then stand back and take a broader look at the situation

What wins on Sunday sells on Monday

Happy motorin',
Monty

Last edited by houston; 02-11-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Holy cow, a flame war over a new product that nobody has any hard facts about. Is the moon full?
i am trying hard to understand why you guys think i am flaming anybodys company here . i am just unsure of the relationship that has formed and hope for novarossi to stay ontop as far as king of quality
Old 02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heres some hard facts:
"Exhaust: Although this engine is manufactured by Novarossi and uses Novarossi quality made parts this is a unique engine developed by Team Losi with Novarossi and not like any current or past Novarossi engine. We have done extensive dyno and track testing with all popular pipes and found the LOSR8001 (RE11) exhaust system to work best for overall power and exceptional run time. The LOSR8000 (RE10) produces a bit more bottom end but the power comes on so strong it is recommended only when the grip is very good. It also delivers slightly less run time closer to the other pipes tested including those mentioned below.
Piston: This is only one of the items that is unique to the Nitrotec engine. The piston is indeed a domed design. There is also a dish machined into dome that helps produce the exceptional power and run time the R21 provides.
Glow Plug: We recommend the LOSR2836 which is a Novarossi C6TGC. These will be available in cards of 5 plugs individually packaged.
Suggestion: We suggest that the LOSR2800 Nitrotec R21 be sold with the LOSR8001 exhaust system. This combo will out perform OS V-Spec and many Italian engines. Since we are new to the high end market we are offering this exceptional engine at a most attractive price so the average racer can get a taste of the performance that the pros enjoy. Simply put, the Nitrotec R21 offers value and performance which is a hard combination to beat.
"
Old 02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Yeah, they did LOL. But hey, they sold a lot of engines for a while there because of their connection to losi.

i am trying hard to understand why you guys think i am flaming anybodys company here . i am just unsure of the relationship that has formed and hope for novarossi to stay ontop as far as king of quality
Calling the company a toy company isn't flaming? Ok sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.