Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wow a novalosi engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

As long as there's a .28 asian made "Turbo boosted Awesomeness" engine on the market for $30 less Nova's rep is safe.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
people will be eating crow its gonna be a p5 case with a split side and a 3 port

oh and crap you heard it from jamminkrazy first ...lol
That's right!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
not traxxas branded engines though

i am not saying it will be junk or losi is crap , i am saying that it is very hard for me to say that i think novarossi buying into the "toy car" market is a good idea , smart for marketing ? probably , bad for keeping there reputation for "the highest quality rc micromotors" ? probably

i guess we will just see how it plays out
Are you kidding me or yourself? All I'm going to say is look at the race results and you will see that losi is by no means a toy company. Who has won the last 3 ROAR nationals? I do agree that losi has a toy side to it, but it also has probably the biggest racing department in the industry. If you really want to look at it, everyone in this industry is a toy company including your beloved novarossi and kyosho.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Gill Losi left for a reason
Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Are you kidding me or yourself? All I'm going to say is look at the race results and you will see that losi is by no means a toy company. Who has won the last 3 ROAR nationals? I do agree that losi has a toy side to it, but it also has probably the biggest racing department in the industry. If you really want to look at it, everyone in this industry is a toy company including your beloved novarossi and kyosho.
he said Horizon is a toy company and tehy own Losi now... that is why Gill Losi Left.. Horizon transform them into that type of company
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kgombe
he said Horizon is a toy company and tehy own Losi now... that is why Gill Losi Left.. Horizon transform them into that type of company
Old 02-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

I know why Gil left, and I understand his reasoning. They do have a toy side to them. They also happen to sell the most popular buggy and truggy. Not to mention the big races they have won. Right now losi is at the front in the racing market. This engine is being sold under the losi name so Horizon's other brands don't really have anything to do with it. Losi may not only sell race cars like they used to, but the certainly still sell them, and they are right up there with any other race brand if not even better. There are certainly 2 sides to losi and one of them is pure race!

Anyway I don't want to get into this argument again. All RC companies are toy companies.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

IMO Losi is well known on the track because of it's quantity, not quality. Look at the big names driving for them. You can't tell me that Drake would start losing races if he ran a Mugen or Xray.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm curious why anyone would think working with Losi would somehow ruin their reputation? Do you (not addressed to anyone in particular) honestly think Nova Rossi's (or any company for that matter) reputation would be at risk if associated with anybody on this list:

Bottom line, make this list and you sell product. Businesses arent there for their perceived reputation. They're around to make THAT list because IT is what sells their product. I do find it interesting that some of the products on this website that are touted as being the best didnt make the cut.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
IMO Losi is well known on the track because of it's quantity, not quality. Look at the big names driving for them. You can't tell me that Drake would start losing races if he ran a Mugen or Xray.
your correct, but there is also a reason why losi is probably the number one in terms of kit sales. There is also a reason why the 2.0 has been voted readers ride for a few years, as voted by the regular joes who purchase it. There is also a reason why you see quantity at tracks as well.

Whatever it is I'm sure it's not because it's a poorly built, low quality, toy level race car. It's popular for a reason.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by madweazl
I'm curious why anyone would think working with Losi would somehow ruin their reputation? Do you (not addressed to anyone in particular) honestly think Nova Rossi's (or any company for that matter) reputation would be at risk if associated with anybody on this list:

Bottom line, make this list and you sell product. Businesses arent there for their perceived reputation. They're around to make THAT list because IT is what sells their product.

i wondering why there is only, one losi on the result sheet? theres like three hot bodies drivers on there. in the top 12
Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i wondering why there is only, one losi on the result sheet? theres like three hot bodies drivers on there. in the top 12
Was still a prototype IIRC.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ABURTON
your correct, but there is also a reason why losi is probably the number one in terms of kit sales. There is also a reason why the 2.0 has been voted readers ride for a few years, as voted by the regular joes who purchase it. There is also a reason why you see quantity at tracks as well.

Whatever it is I'm sure it's not because it's a poorly built, low quality, toy level race car. It's popular for a reason.
Good point, Losi seems to be Kleenex of RC racing. Sure there's other brands out there like Puffs, but Kleenex still gets the majority. Plus Losi is readily available, so it's very racer friendly.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
Would Losi do worse if they had factory Mugen or Xray drivers?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madweazl
Would Losi do worse if they had factory Mugen or Xray drivers?
Very interesting My mental gears are turning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.