Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone have a setup for RM on high grip/ astro turf that you can share?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by netmaster
To install the circlip I used Craftsman snap-ring pliers. Worked great and not overly priced.

1.3mm and .05 inch are virtually the same size. If you have a set of standard hex wrenches, you probably already have the size you need. Here is just one you could get: ProTek R/C "TruTorque" Standard Hex Driver (.050")

No sure what you mean by cross wrench?
Grey Tamiya style nut driver, looks like a cross.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Just got my 1st Backorder Dealer stock order from Great Planes Yesterday. Basicaly some of the list I had on BO at HRP

Never noticed before but when i was recieving the order I realized....

GP Raised all the cost 20%...... MAP/Sell price still the same

TYPICAL GP...... that way they can sell at MAP on Tower Hobbies and UNDERCUT Us Hobby Shops and minimize our margins.....and they still make a HUGE Margin....

Not sure if Durango is staying in MY shop......

Too Bad..... Durango has some great Products... sad how this has transpired......

Stav
Old 04-20-2012, 08:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stavman
Just got my 1st Backorder Dealer stock order from Great Planes Yesterday. Basicaly some of the list I had on BO at HRP

TYPICAL GP...... that way they can sell at MAP on Tower Hobbies and UNDERCUT Us Hobby Shops and minimize our margins.....and they still make a HUGE Margin....

Too Bad..... Durango has some great Products... sad how this has transpired......

Stav
Yeah GP has a history of doing this type of thing unfortunately, they have put more than one store out of business. I am friends with a LHS owner, and he will not deal with them...stinks
Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Yeah GP has a history of doing this type of thing unfortunately, they have put more than one store out of business. I am friends with a LHS owner, and he will not deal with them...stinks

ya IRKS me for sure...

waiting on an answer from THEM now.... then Ill make my Call......

I by 1/10 of the stuff from them i do the OTHER distributors... that may become 0% very very soon.....

Sucks.... DEX210 is awesome....... oh well.... such is Life

Stav
Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 200 (100%+)

Stav
That stinks to hear what their doing. I used to run a "brick and mortor" high performance garage. And I could never compete with the Internet.. That's why I try and support my LHS as much as possible!! So good luck with keeping the lights on, buddy!!

Adam
Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Lights will stay on ....... But appreciate the input and comments guys

I have a Track and shop www.OHRCR.com so Promoting specific Cars and Lines is easy to do.... or NOT do....

GP is the worst Distributor because of Tower Hobbies.... They can basically sell things at HOBBY SHOP Cost on Tower but still ink a nice MARGIN because they are also a Distributor.... case in point with Durango.... thats a 20% margin in THEIR pocket not Mine or Yours....

I always give a 10-20% discount to racers and Regulars on Parts... well cant now with Durango... and some guys will not understand why...

So Support yer LHS and voice your displeasure to Great planes about the changes...

Thanks guys

Stav
Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have a Track and shop www.OHRCR.com so Promoting specific Cars and Lines is easy to do.... or NOT do....

GP is the worst Distributor because of Tower Hobbies.... They can basically sell things at HOBBY SHOP Cost on Tower but still ink a nice MARGIN because they are also a Distributor.... case in point with Durango.... thats a 20% margin in THEIR pocket not Mine or Yours....

I always give a 10-20% discount to racers and Regulars on Parts... well cant now with Durango... and some guys will not understand why...

So Support yer LHS and voice your displeasure to Great planes about the changes...

Thanks guys

Stav

Yeah, my LHS deals with HRP, so I cant do much with them anymore, unless I change brands. I like my 210, but I switched once because of parts availability, its a durable car, but I still like to have my own little supply, being 1 of 3 210's that I know of up here.

On a different note, I have an extra new Kit for Sale I rec'd in trade--anyone looking, or know anyone looking
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...go-dex210.html
Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

My goodness can't anyone be happy. Just not long ago everyone was eager for HRP to be done and all happy GP was taking over because of part availability. I buy from my LHS and don't mind paying slightly more......
Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks guys

Stav

That is a nice looking track, nice job Stav!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Those guys seem like the walmart of RC sucks man wish more LHS here would carry my parts so we don't have to lug a tonne of stuff everytime we race

Thanks guys

Stav
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by kerby
My goodness can't anyone be happy. Just not long ago everyone was eager for HRP to be done and all happy GP was taking over because of part availability. I buy from my LHS and don't mind paying slightly more......
Some of us are on the other end of the whip man, i had access to backordered parts, now its online only. Not unhappy, but not much change really, other than parts in in stock.. Imagine if you were a lhs, and u get a kit to sell for $260 +shipping. Not much of an incentive to even bother with..
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

My LHS charges what Tower does, so no need to order from them.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dexon555
Grey Tamiya style nut driver, looks like a cross.
I have 3 sets of .050 drivers a jconcepts, the one that comes with the AE blue Hex driver set, and an MIP. Dont ask.

I found a Durango Cross driver that has the sizes I need, Cost $5.99 from Tower.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
That is a nice looking track, nice job Stav!
Im from LA, I looked and it said The Valley, I thought oh cool another track in Los Angeles, then I saw AZ.... then I was kinda bummed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.