Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

not sure if they are online as pics..

contact the guys at Schu USA to get em if they havent already...

we jsut got a batch of 400 sets...they kick ass..Look like a proline velocity, but firmer, lighter, strong...

I like the fact they are larger in diameter and width...it gives less airgap, and less sidewall deformation using standard takeoff inserts...worked nicely with other inserts such as sorex typ b med and firm, also try sorex type a medium for high bite.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im the ugly mug on the left, Chris Putnam on the right.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/putnam/masters/DSCN3203.jpg

go here for a few early morning pics and some presentation shots...My car is the one with the union jack on the roof, blue white and silver.

http://www.imagefile.net/tftr/TFTRfo...sp?FORUM_ID=30

Those rims can be spotted on the winning cars in the presentation photos, and pit photos of my car.

Last edited by King-G; 12-09-2002 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Nice race and pictures. Congratulations.

Can the Kwik-Klips be used to alter wheelbase with?

How many tooths are there on the delivered spur gear?

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

King-G...I was using almost that exact setup, with the exception that I was using hole 3 on the upper shock mount..in my opinion the chassis roll was way to pronounced on the sweeper without sway bars (and was pretty bad even with sway bars), so I'm going to thicker oil (60) and stiffer springs (red), and may try standing them up another hole in back.

One major difference...its cooler here...

Having said all of that, they key is go with what works..obviously this was working for you guys...Congratulations on your wins!!

BTW...cool looking track...
Old 12-10-2002, 08:10 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey guys, here is a link to the new RevLite wheels by Schumacher. There are 2 wheels available, U2500 is the std 24mm/0 offset dish wheel $6.99set and the other is U2501 inch-up 24mm/0 off-set wheel $6.99set.

http://195.92.181.110:8090/upload/Oc...Newsletter.doc

Old 12-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up the Schumacher boys

PW - thanks for the setup help a few weeks ago in cleveland. mark finally had his axis back out there this past sunday with the setup you gave him when we were all out there for champs practice on tuesday. you guys are the best. good luck to you in the future. schumacher customer service is second to none, plus you and alex are super cool. eight thumbs up for schumacher!

thanks.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:31 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey seaball....No problem, thanks for the compliments

I must say that I'm a little jealous of the indoor racing you guys have, although I wont miss the cold weather I really wish I could race more on foam tire carpet so I could fine tune the Schuy's, but I don't think our guys did to bad for racing foam tires twice a year
Old 12-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Paul,
Just wondering when you were gonna post the setup that Alex was running?
Old 12-11-2002, 07:11 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey James....Sorry about the delay. I'm not sure how to post the PDF file here so I will ask BigDog to post it for me. I'm sure he will get it posted for us....hint hint Jason
Old 12-11-2002, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Paul, those Rev-Lite's are in the USA ? Do they come in Black too ?
Old 12-11-2002, 02:28 PM
PW
Tech Elite

spooky....Yes, the RevLites are in stock here in the US We don't have them in black though
Old 12-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

PW...have the RW pulleys for front one way come in yet? Adrian asked that I check back late in the week, as he was hoping they might come in...when they do I need to call in an order for one and some batteries...

Do those revlite wheels come premounted, or is that just the CS tires/wheels?

Just cause its raining and I cant race doesnt mean I cant buy stuff...Ho Ho Ho...

THanks
Old 12-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Was interested in maybe getting a Mission for x-mas. Have been running the xxx-s for over a year and have always wanted to get back to running a schumacher (ran a sst99). My question is I know how schumacher keeps its kits on the cutting edge in terms of updating...does schumacher have a new kit on the near horizon or will the mission be the main car for awhile? Like I said I would love to get a new schumacher and any info would be great....

Jeff Werner
Old 12-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Cole...dont know why the kwik clips couldnt be used for wheelbase adjustment...except they may be too thick, but I'm pretty sure the dia of the upper and lower hinge pins is the same...

The kit comes with an 86 tooth spur...I notice on a lot of the setups the guys are running 92 tooth... the gearing is pretty tall with the 86 tooth spur and the 20 tooth internal gear which most prefer to run..if I remember you're running on a tight indoor track, and with the 86 spur and 20 tooth main gear you'd probably be looking at something like a 22 tooth pinion for a P2K2 stocker, or a final ratio around 7.1

Hope that helps....
Old 12-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff...you might check back a few pages, as if my aging memory serves me right this was a discussion topic...and I believe the concensus was that Schumacher was staying with the Mission, and there wasn't a new one coming out...or you can call the guys at Schumacher USA and ask them...you won't talk to a greater customer support crew than Paul or Adrian, and they'll give you the straight poop...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.