Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default National results in South Africa.

Hi there guys,after I read the post of I thought I might as well tell you how our Shumachers were dialled.In SA we only run foam tires I don't know why but we do.I touring mod I missed the A-mains by 1.33sec.Bad for me but good for the other two missions,they managed to qualify 3rd and 4th.

In the 1st final the two Shumies were dialled to perfection,Stan that qualified 3rd had a bad start and was last and in the end he managed to pull of an win.Michael fineshed in 8th.

The 2nd final was the same with Stan,he found himself last again after been taken out.In the end he managed to get 4th place.Michael didn,t even start due to his battery wires that were soldered wrong.

The 3rd and last final was interresting to watch with the guys taking each other out.Stan managed to pull off a 4th place with Michael in 3rd.

In the B-mains I was in front since lap one and never looked back to the chasing pack of TC3's.I won it in style.

In stock Michael managed to qualified 2nd and I were 7th in the A-mains out of 65 entrants in the class alone.I ended up 6th and Michael pulled of a win.

In Mod there were 2 Shummies and 8 TC3's.
In stock it was the same.
We all ran the new pulleys and X-ray rear belts.We had standerd roll centres and used the grey front belt.

Shumacher missions kick ass.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Roll Center Plates

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Schumacher Mission, Front Roll Center plates are finally in. They are machined from 2mm carbon, super light and perfect fit. It's an easy mod too.

Thanks!
Ben
Team PRP
Old 11-07-2002, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: National results in South Africa.

Originally posted by JacoSA
We all ran the new pulleys and X-ray rear belts.
Thats the first time ive heard of the X-ray belts being used, could you give any more info? if there are slightly larger i would use them as my rear belt feels very tight even with the RW pullies.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Axis Pro

Just purchased my son a used Schumacher Axis pro off E bay, needs some cosmetic's doing on it but nothing I cant handle.
Whats this car like in the big picture? Is it competitive? How old is it likely to be and are they still making them?
Its 4 wheel drive and goes real well (not that I would know if it was crap).
Let me know guys i'm keen to find out whether i'm a turkey for buying it

Thanks
Mike
Old 11-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't worry the Axis Pro is a good car. They are out of production, but the entire suspension is still in use on the current car the Mission. There are alot of guy on here that used to race the Axis Pro, so you should be able to get some help with any problems.....

BTW: the car is about 3 years old now.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

The Axis is a very good car and has only a few problems compared to the Mission. The biggest problem is the ever changing tweak of the car. Every time you run into something, the chassis parts of the car move slightly in relation to each other resulting in tweak. That means that the combined weight at the LF+RR tires doesn't equal that at the RF+LR tires. The other thing is that the rear belt has to be kept relatively tight for it not to skip. On track the car is really fast and usually quite aggressive by nature.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Are you gonna be running on carpet or asphalt with the axis?
Old 11-08-2002, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Ian S,
the belt is slightly longer but it free up the drivetrain.It is a aramid fibre belt which is more durable.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default RW Rear Diff Pulley

Hey Guys...just got the RW Rear diff pulley, and noticed it doesn't have dust caps...do you guys that are currently running these things run them without any dust caps on them??

Thanks..
Old 11-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mark, yea they do fine without the dust caps. I had a fence pop off of one, so I put like 2 drops of CA in a couple places on them. Other than that, they're great.

Hope we see you in Shreveport. Ron Atomic is on his way down there right now and we're leaving in a few hours. I suck at mod foam, so I'm just gonna concentrate on punting him every time he laps me... ROFLMAO
Old 11-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Big Dog...have fun un shreveport..I was hoping to go, but found out my wife is going to be gone so I have to be home this weekend....wish I could come run with you guys...

I may race here locally...will be my first time to run in months, so will just be focusing on retuning the trigger finger, and getting used to handling a car on asphalt/rubber again after running on carpet for so long...I havent run the car with the roll center mod yet...
Old 11-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by fireblade
Are you gonna be running on carpet or asphalt with the axis?
Probably, ashpalt! hey do you own a Honda blade?
Old 11-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: RW Rear Diff Pulley

Originally posted by markg
Hey Guys...just got the RW Rear diff pulley, and noticed it doesn't have dust caps...do you guys that are currently running these things run them without any dust caps on them??

Thanks..
Hey Markg did you get those diff pulleys locally? Do you have the frt. 1-way pulley also?
Old 11-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Pit Racer...I ordered the RW pulley from Schumacher...I am still using the original one way..glued it together forever ago and it still works great...
Old 11-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Actually, the Axis is proven to do better on asphalt then the mission does. But on carpet the mission rules. The Axis models are very good and effcient cars, if your gonna run asphalt your axis will do awsome. A honda blade, whats that? a motor cycle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.