Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=somazero;7260247]Anyhow, for the triple in the front, what's the intent? Big air or something technical? QUOTE]

Yeah.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Somazero,

I think you are referring to the 1/8th track,

the rework of the "thing" on the 1/10th is what everyone was referring to,

there are very few 1/8th vehicles that can hit that thing and make it,

right now it is more of a stop block for most, any speed you carry into it is lost, most of the time you land the second half of the jump and stop dead or flip....
Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Well they got the name right this time.......I might not be the best driver but I am the best looking

Last edited by bando711; 04-12-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Murdadock
On the other hand, the 1/10 track has been fairly nice lately. It is easier to maintain though. I usually spend a little time on it each time I come out but i didn't really need to yesterday. We really need to discuss the oompaloomp thingy in the front. It was a good idea on paper but not in reality. There are very few people that can make that "whatchamacallit" and we discussed in the very beginning making this a beginner/mid-level racer track. The existing jump is a platform for an upgraded 1/10th triple.
Ok, discussion open: I have not seen one person stop to watch the people who can make it and see how they did it. Don't change it just to dumb it down. The secret is to slow down, even in the sct's :discussion closed.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by igyrigged
Ok, discussion open: I have not seen one person stop to watch the people who can make it and see how they did it. Don't change it just to dumb it down. The secret is to slow down, even in the sct's :discussion closed.
No dude. The jump Sucks. You are the only 1/10 racer that I see consistently make it. I have slowed down, I have sped up, but now I usually just roll over it. Sorry man, its gotta go.

BUT, if someone else likes it, or thinks it should stay in lieu of a standard triple, I will not fight to get it changed.

Last edited by Murdadock; 04-12-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

gonna go rent me a nice little hitachi back hoe...
Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

last time I checked renting a hoe was illegal.......

What is our plan for the first race weekend, 1/8 track only or both tracks? If we go only 1/8 we should focus on a little work over there. If we plan on running both we need to bury a cable on the 1/10th, Anthony, your call you will be running the show.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Having run the stadium truck and Slash on the 1/8th track I feel it is better suited for those trucks than the smaller track. Just my opinion. I like the overall layout of the 1/10 track, flows well with the exception of the dragons back and to some degree the front straight combo, it is not a triple because it can't be cleared by anything, 2 inches higher on the first bump or 2-4 inches lower on the second would make it a nice combo....IMO
Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

All,

I am picking up the stand Wed at 1000,\
It will be loaded and on the road by 1130-1200 and at courtney by 1230-1300.

I need as much help as possible from you all to get this thing bolted together.

I have the 10K forklift arriving at 1300.

You will need ratchets, open end/Box wrenches and STOOLS/LADDERS tall enough to get you up high enough to bolt it together 8-10 Feet.

This will be a go, rain or shine, if all goes well it will be bolted together, stairs and all by 1600-1700.

We will need paint at some point in the near future... and folks to paint it.

this will help preserve the wood and keep the stand intact.

all hands welcome, please let me know who will be helping...

Rob
Old 04-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Adept

Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

The stand looks very nice Robert! Unfortunately, I'm in the pre-retirement class at Foster all week. We started today at 0745 and I got out at 1615...so I doubt I'll be able to make it up there in time.

But I can comtribute in other ways...let me know how much $$$ you want to help offset the cost of purchasing the bolts/fasteners, etc.

- Paulie
Old 04-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chemfrk

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the stairway? It looks to be center on one of the long sides. Shouldn't it be on one of the ends?

I may be able to stop by and assist in the later part of the day.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Murdadock
No dude. The jump Sucks. You are the only 1/10 racer that I see consistently make it. I have slowed down, I have sped up, but now I usually just roll over it. Sorry man, its gotta go.

BUT, if someone else likes it, or thinks it should stay in lieu of a standard triple, I will not fight to get it changed.
I like it, but do agree it could be improved. I don't understand why people want "standard"? I think adding one more jump on the end and taking off the lip on the second jump would be good. I was also contemplating changing the angle on the little double infront of the dragons back, and it not being a double anymore, or taking it out. The last double before the straight is also too long for some of the sct's, so maybe fill it in to make a table top. I would also like to see some rollers in between the dragons back and the double as I had originally drawn.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

I like it, but do agree it could be improved. I don't understand why people want "standard"? I think adding one more jump on the end and taking off the lip on the second jump would be good. I was also contemplating changing the angle on the little double infront of the dragons back, and it not being a double anymore, or taking it out. The last double before the straight is also too long for some of the sct's, so maybe fill it in to make a table top. I would also like to see some rollers in between the dragons back and the double as I had originally drawn.
good thoughts Iggy, I agree and like the idea of taking the lip off the 2nd jump, we may find out that is all it needs. The other double, before the straight, you are right there is not quit enough runup to clear it, it might be better filled in and made into a table top. It would laso eliminate the drainage issue there.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

[quote=crymynal;7265753]Is it just me or does anyone else notice the stairway? It looks to be center on one of the long sides. Shouldn't it be on one of the ends?

your right, somewhere in the translation it got moved to the side. We will have to see how many people can stand on that side and make a call on moving it to the end.

Robert I have all day off tomorrow..........if it won't be there until after lunch maybe I'll just have to golf.........again..........like I did this afternoon. I will be there after lunch and will bring tools.

Jon bring the pick axe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.