Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sailing was fun, definitely better with a couple of boats out there.

Probably going to crawl at Toguchi around 1730.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here's the sailing video, lots of editing and got some water on the fish eye...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvAKPxqfaNU&feature=plcp
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
Here's the sailing video, lots of editing and got some water on the fish eye...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvAKPxqfaNU&feature=plcp
Nice. It was way more obvious in real life, when you hit the duck.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

you hit a duck, thats awesome!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by igyrigged
Thanks for the offer, we may have to hit you up.

On another note, I am doing some tube work on a "midnight pumpkin" truggy. Did you ever make any more progress on your willy.
Iggy I forgot to ask, what kind of torch are you using? I seem to be sucking, a lot. Im not sure if it is the torch I'm using or just me, or my joints or what.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mgillooly
Iggy I forgot to ask, what kind of torch are you using? I seem to be sucking, a lot. Im not sure if it is the torch I'm using or just me, or my joints or what.
I'm using the Makeman special "Asada Super Turbo" with Multigas (propane and butane mixed gas). Make sure everything is clean, flux the crap out of the joint, heat until glowing red and then touch the brazing rod to the joint. As you know it is slightly more involved than that, but that is the basics. If you are using brakeline, you need to make sure if it is coated that you sand all the coating off around the joint.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've been using stainless steal tube from make man. And one of the aerosol looking torches. I use my dremel and grind the out side until it is shiny. Then flux all over both pieces, heat until glowing orange, bright orange. As soon as I get the it hot enough to melt the brazing rod, it seems to just ball up and collect. That tells me its not making the bond it is suppose to similar to soldering and not having something pre soldered. I have tried using safty silv and the rods from make man, having the least success with the safty silv, but no real success to speak of. In the end the tube I have seems pretty crispy.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

far as I know welding stainless needs to be sans oxygen, as in Tig, so nothing would stick to it as it's oxidizing too much as it's heated...have to get the book out...
Old 09-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
far as I know welding stainless needs to be sans oxygen, as in Tig, so nothing would stick to it as it's oxidizing too much as it's heated...have to get the book out...
I've brazed a bunch of stainless tube using flux and stay-silv/saftey-silv, with the only problems being contaminates. If the stainless is dirty, you will just make a mess.

I thought you got some different tube to work with. There is no telling what crap that Makeman tube has on it, or IN IT. If there is oil or coating on the inside of the tube, when you apply heat it will burn off and contaminate the joint.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

last night I bought some more of the brazing rods from make man, and managed to get a couple of pieces, random pieces, brazed together. I am going to try today to get a single pice of the roll bar done. Im going to try my same method, seen as I can't bend the tube I have as it is too thin, I am going to put some cuts in it most of the way through and then make my 90 degree bend that way. Then instead of trying to braze just that, I am going to braze a flat piece to either side of both 90's.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default WHY have I not looked here before?!

Hey everyone, glad to see some other R/C fans on Okinawa! My name is Aaron Rayner, been on Okinawa for 2 years now. I have a few friends that do everything from drifting at RC Paradise to racing/ bashing over at Chibana, and I am currently trying to bring the track back to life. Got my chain of command interested and once work slows down, I should be able to really buckle down and get it going! I already have HPI/ Hot Bodies sending me banners and other stuff for the track, and once my Chain of Cammand gives me the thumbs up, TONS of volunteer Soldiers racking up hours for a service medal. Any tips or tricks would be hella helpful! Anyone know of any other R/C shops here other then SHIRO, RC Paradise and that one yellow building... LoL
Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by unit719
Hey everyone, glad to see some other R/C fans on Okinawa! My name is Aaron Rayner, been on Okinawa for 2 years now. I have a few friends that do everything from drifting at RC Paradise to racing/ bashing over at Chibana, and I am currently trying to bring the track back to life. Got my chain of command interested and once work slows down, I should be able to really buckle down and get it going! I already have HPI/ Hot Bodies sending me banners and other stuff for the track, and once my Chain of Cammand gives me the thumbs up, TONS of volunteer Soldiers racking up hours for a service medal. Any tips or tricks would be hella helpful! Anyone know of any other R/C shops here other then SHIRO, RC Paradise and that one yellow building... LoL
Was that you power washing the Chibana track one morning a couple of weeks ago? Are the Japanese guys still going out there on Sundays? You think your command could swing a 1/10 offroad track somewhere on Chibana?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unit719
So that was you they were talking about. I asked 718 CES about reviving the Chibana track and they said someone had already looked into it.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

So John, are we going to be able to do a "Slash Bash" this upcoming holiday weekend? Let us know, and I'll come up and cut the track Friday afternoon or Sat morning. Any day is good with me.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

no can on the Slash Bash this weekend, have gardening for undokai and car show at Rocktoberfest, that's all I can handle...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.