Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Socal is a permanent indoor track that carries XRay parts. Onroad racing is on Tuesdays 7pm and Saturdays at 6pm. Doors open at noon and you can practice until the first heat. Also, you can practice just about any day of the week but keep in mind that offroad races Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. Your best bet for open practice until they close is Monday and Thursday.

Ultimate hobbies carries some xray parts. They are located in the city of Orange about half an hour east of SoCal.

If you have room to pack a Tamiya car, there's the Tamiya America Track in Aliso Viejo. They are only open for Saturday practice from 10-4.

There are plenty of other race tracks in the LA/Orange county area. There are a bunch more that I didn't mention.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
What'd you do to fix the oneway stripping problem???
Look in the EVO III thread. Shimmed the bearing and pinned the front diff- I ran the oneway on carpet and no stripping!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 10:59 PM

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PART NUMBER FOR THE CARPET FRONT TOWER AND IS IT THE THREE OR FOUR HOLE TOWER? ALSO DO THE MAKE THE 18 TOOTH (1.77 GEAR RATIO) FOR THE CENTER ONE WAY LAY SHAFT? PART NUMBER? THANKS GUYS I'M NEW TO THE XRAY!
Old 12-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by J FAST
DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PART NUMBER FOR THE CARPET FRONT TOWER AND IS IT THE THREE OR FOUR HOLE TOWER? ALSO DO THE MAKE THE 18 TOOTH (1.77 GEAR RATIO) FOR THE CENTER ONE WAY LAY SHAFT? PART NUMBER? THANKS GUYS I'M NEW TO THE XRAY!
#302095 is the foam tower. that's the 4 hole one.

Realy you are going to want to do away with the center oneway and get a front one way if you really want to run one. Im assuming you are running foams on carpet, if that's the case then you'r really going to avoid all kinds of one ways. You are going to want to run a diff or the spool.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

BDR :: Better hurry over here, the local talent is giving Joor a challenge. Joor and Atomic now run TC3's. I am headed that way also.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey everyone
im from australia and we usually race on foams on varying tracks.
i was wondering if there is any particular part for the xray T1 that really makes a big speed difference and handling difference, i still have pillow ball suspension if that helps. i am after something really worth the money for the xray t1 that will definately make a difference in either speed or stability or handling or something, any help would be appreciated, thanx
robbie lloyd
Old 12-09-2003, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

hey,

just want to know what size tool u need for that grub screw that screws into the suspension arm that u then screw your shocks onto. because im gonna put in a order to get some hudy toold and i need to know what size this tool is

thanks Matt
Old 12-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Matt04
hey,

just want to know what size tool u need for that grub screw that screws into the suspension arm that u then screw your shocks onto. because im gonna put in a order to get some hudy toold and i need to know what size this tool is

thanks Matt
You need 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 straight

and a 3.0 ball

the grubs are 1.5
Old 12-09-2003, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by xray racer
hey everyone
i was wondering if there is any particular part for the xray T1 that really makes a big speed difference and handling difference, i still have pillow ball suspension if that helps. i am after something really worth the money for the xray t1 that will definately make a difference in either speed or stability or handling or something, any help would be appreciated, thanx
robbie lloyd
A spring set for the tuning and probably a setup board is all you really need. A lot like the 1.77 pullys and a front one way.

most of going fast is ust having a good setup and then driving well.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by pucho
#302095 is the foam tower. that's the 4 hole one.

Realy you are going to want to do away with the center oneway and get a front one way if you really want to run one. Im assuming you are running foams on carpet, if that's the case then you'r really going to avoid all kinds of one ways. You are going to want to run a diff or the spool.
i run the front one-way on carpet. I think it carrys more corner speed but I don't loose any predictability on corner entry - still very smooth. Then again, the more I drive my local track the more flowing it gets. Might be a driving style thing. I also never use brakes on carpet.

then again - pucho does know what he's saying
Old 12-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by xray racer
hey everyone
robbie lloyd
The C-Hub conversion would make the biggest difference, folowed by the 1.77pully kit.

Sands: Are you running Foams? For what I understand the one way gives you way to much stering with foams. with rubbers it's OK.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by sands
i run the front one-way on carpet. I think it carrys more corner speed but I don't loose any predictability on corner entry - still very smooth. Then again, the more I drive my local track the more flowing it gets. Might be a driving style thing. I also never use brakes on carpet.

then again - pucho does know what he's saying
Sands I totally agree with you. I had a Xray last year on carpet. Tight and technical at The Track http://www.rctrack.com. The one-way for me was a big difference. I mean like another lap with the one-way. Coming out of the corners was the biggest difference.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:49 AM

Thank you very much Pucho I appreciate your helpful information.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's an odd problem, anyone have this happen? I have my T1 on a stand and I'm adjusting a few things. I give the car some throttle and whenever i steer full left or right, there's an afwul vibration and the belt shakes violently as if it's hitting something. There doesn't seem to be any clearance issues so i'm kinda stumped. Any ideas?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

turn down your dual-rate adjustment. the dogbone is hitting the hub when you turn to far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.