Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Neil,

I was one of the hundreds (if not thousands) that stopped by your booth on Saturday. Thanks for the advice on starting with the pillow-ball suspension instead of c-hub. It helped a lot in my race. I'll see you at the track.

Gerald.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

I'm glad to help Gerald. You have to start somewhere, why not with the stock setup. I'll see ya at Socal raceway.

I have to admit that RCX was a huge surprise to everyone. Many of the major manufacturers thought that the show was going to be lame, but with all the music, rc stuff, tracks, all scale racing, helo's, fighting robots, import cars, and gorgeous models, I was pleasantly amazed. Next year, it should be twice as large (at least)!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Ya RCX was nice, I had the chance to talk to Ralph Burch and I think to you Neil. Did you check out those insane Inferno's pulling huge backflips?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Yea, during set up on thurs, they were practicing and doing dual back flips with two cars. One of the model speed boats cut a tiny hole in the water pond causing a slow leak. I felt sorry for the guy who had to mop up the water that spilled through. The jet helo was loud and amazing to look at, and the blimp tended to stay where the models were hanging out. I wonder if there was a camera mounted on that thing?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man that's cool. Do they have anything like that ever here on the east coast? And closer than flordia to PA folks like me...that's a hell of a drive for a RC show.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:58 PM
TRL
Tech Apprentice

Default Evo2 or raycer kit

Hi Guys looking for some info!!

Well for starters holy options...I 'am definetly thinking of a x-ray but want the scoop on which one.I 'am thinking of the evo2 but not sure because from what I read some of you are getting the raycer kit to be hooked up pretty good.I'am not concerned about which one is cheaper or parts availability basically which kit too get.Which brings me to ask PB or c-hub, basically carpet mod on foams is what it's for, which set-up has Burch and the boys been running?What other things is there that I need that wouldn't come with the kit besdies the springs,caster blocks etc...also is everything available to the public that the team guys are running thought I read some where about new pullies??Just want to get what I need as i build the kit much easier..lol I think that's it any help would be cool thanks!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Evo2 or raycer kit

Originally posted by TRL
Hi Guys looking for some info!!

Well for starters holy options...I 'am definetly thinking of a x-ray but want the scoop on which one.I 'am thinking of the evo2 but not sure because from what I read some of you are getting the raycer kit to be hooked up pretty good.I'am not concerned about which one is cheaper or parts availability basically which kit too get.Which brings me to ask PB or c-hub, basically carpet mod on foams is what it's for, which set-up has Burch and the boys been running?What other things is there that I need that wouldn't come with the kit besdies the springs,caster blocks etc...also is everything available to the public that the team guys are running thought I read some where about new pullies??Just want to get what I need as i build the kit much easier..lol I think that's it any help would be cool thanks!!!!!!
You will be very pleased with the T1R. Since it's release, it definitely proven itself both in Europe and the US. All parts are available to the public except for the R&D products that somehow make it to the general public, ie new pulleys. All parts are interchangeable with the Evo2 should T1R parts become scarce. The new chassis does flex more than the woven graphite plate, but the added torsional flex does do much better on dusty loose tracks. The price advantage of the T1R is a major determining factor to the hobbyist with economy in mind. The street price for the T1R is more than $100 USD less than the Evo2. PM me if you have more questions.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

If you think of anything, it's between the T1R and the 2003 worlds kit. The worlds kit comes with pivot ball and composit C hubs so you can do anything you want (for the same price as the 2002 Evo II kit) .... also included is the turn buckle wrench that wasn't included in the previous kit. If price is no problem than get the worlds kit...you get more goodies and the extra stiffness of the carbon fiber is crutial to mod carpet racing. I think the T1R chassis would be too flexible for the mod carpet, but than I haven't driven one, just my EVO II on carpet. Outdoor racing you could get away with the T1R and that's where most people are saying it's shining and almost if not just as fast as the EVO II.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:13 PM
TRL
Tech Apprentice

Ya the world's kit sound 's interesting with pb and c-hub suspension, i like having both options although c-hub sounds a little more easier to find a good set-up.ON carpet the graphite chassis sounds like the way to go ubt just seaching for ideas thanks for the help!!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

You're welcome. Ask questions anytime.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:47 PM
TRL
Tech Apprentice

Just thought of another question does everyone stick with 48 pitch..and if yes it's just normal 48 pitch gears right??
Old 05-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TRL
Just thought of another question does everyone stick with 48 pitch..and if yes it's just normal 48 pitch gears right??
i use kinborough (not sure of spelling) spurs they fit and are cheap, my current setup is 99spur 28pinion for a 7.5 gear ratio
Old 05-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRL
I use 64 pitch gears to fine tune my gearing.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:05 PM
TRL
Tech Apprentice

Ok thanks I was just checking because most of the pics i see it looks like burch is running 48 pitch,but I could be wrong!
Old 05-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

I think Ralph is running 48P gears, not sure. I'll ask him next time I speak to him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.