Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gary47
any you guys have idea where I can get bumper material for open wheel car?
If you want Kydex in smaller sheet sizes try here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#kydex-acrylic/pvc/=pc6oi0
Old 11-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
If you want Kydex in smaller sheet sizes try here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#kydex-acrylic/pvc/=pc6oi0
Thanks Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Pan cars, At this time our hobby could really use a class that is not about all out speed and spending money. Something a little more laid back. Not just for beginners, but a great place for them to start. Yet a place where FUN can be had without a ton of work and set up time. A playground for the builders amongst us and the guys wanting to bring out their older cars. We need this more then we need another full race class.

We've been running these cars for sometime now and I see the new pan cars from Europe playing right into this sort of class. 2wd pan, 3-port, and sports racer, GTP (Can Am) type body seems to be where most of the racers I've talked to think we should go.

Most of the racers running right now are using the new cars and I don't see that changing real soon. The Europeans are hot at it with these cars and I'm to lazy to write rules, so we'll just say, " If you bring out any car built to race with them, you're good to go." From what I've seen these cars run very close together,+s & -s to each of them.

Close together is what we're after so the 3-port motor is an important part of this class. In the past we've let people run what ever they had laying around, thus we've seen some rockets on the track. This has to end if this class is to be taken for real. Having some what equal power will make for better drivers all threw the field. Yes the good driver will beat the not as good driver, that's the way racing works, but it'll be closer. (Brent calls it slow motion racing.) The only car allowed on the track with something other then a 3-port will be the old car with it's period correct motor for no points or awards.

While there are a handful of racers wanting to run open wheels or GT s. The fact that the sports racer type body is cheaper, readily available, and better performing (newer racers in mind here), make this the body to have. Can we mix bodies, perhaps. Someday there might be enough racers to split up and run two classes, but for now, I don't think so.

After years of running whatever you had , some of you might find changing to a real class tricky at first, but the motors are cheap and they seem to last a long time. Making your own car and want a bunch of rules to go by, not going to happen! Toledo will be more about what you can run then what you can't run. There will be that crazy rule about if you have a car that seems to have a huge advantage over everyone else ( consensus of the racers), you will be asked to bring it inline with the rest of the field. I think it's funny that this idea bothers people when it most likely will never come to be. Yet I think it has to be there. Keep in mind we want this to be as close of racing as we can get.

This is pretty much where we stand in Toledo at this time, MWS ? GLC ? Rest of the world? Any thoughts on your part are welcome.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default CAN YOU SAY?

Can you say 235? ROAR once set up a 1/10th scale gas class with a simple 3-port motor that would run the whole season. Racers really liked this class as it proved to be good cheap fun. Then ROAR opened up the motor rule. Then it want 4wd. Then it want away, never to be seen again. Every racer I've talked to that race in the 235 class still misses it. Get the picture?
Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Pan cars, At this time our hobby could really use a class that is not about all out speed and spending money. Something a little more laid back. Not just for beginners, but a great place for them to start. Yet a place where FUN can be had without a ton of work and set up time. A playground for the builders amongst us and the guys wanting to bring out their older cars. We need this more then we need another full race class.

We've been running these cars for sometime now and I see the new pan cars from Europe playing right into this sort of class. 2wd pan, 3-port, and sports racer, GTP (Can Am) type body seems to be where most of the racers I've talked to think we should go.

Most of the racers running right now are using the new cars and I don't see that changing real soon. The Europeans are hot at it with these cars and I'm to lazy to write rules, so we'll just say, " If you bring out any car built to race with them, you're good to go." From what I've seen these cars run very close together,+s & -s to each of them.

Close together is what we're after so the 3-port motor is an important part of this class. In the past we've let people run what ever they had laying around, thus we've seen some rockets on the track. This has to end if this class is to be taken for real. Having some what equal power will make for better drivers all threw the field. Yes the good driver will beat the not as good driver, that's the way racing works, but it'll be closer. (Brent calls it slow motion racing.) The only car allowed on the track with something other then a 3-port will be the old car with it's period correct motor for no points or awards.

While there are a handful of racers wanting to run open wheels or GT s. The fact that the sports racer type body is cheaper, readily available, and better performing (newer racers in mind here), make this the body to have. Can we mix bodies, perhaps. Someday there might be enough racers to split up and run two classes, but for now, I don't think so.

After years of running whatever you had , some of you might find changing to a real class tricky at first, but the motors are cheap and they seem to last a long time. Making your own car and want a bunch of rules to go by, not going to happen! Toledo will be more about what you can run then what you can't run. There will be that crazy rule about if you have a car that seems to have a huge advantage over everyone else ( consensus of the racers), you will be asked to bring it inline with the rest of the field. I think it's funny that this idea bothers people when it most likely will never come to be. Yet I think it has to be there. Keep in mind we want this to be as close of racing as we can get.

This is pretty much where we stand in Toledo at this time, MWS ? GLC ? Rest of the world? Any thoughts on your part are welcome.
Perfect Lon.....There is a finite amount of speed that can be had with a pan car....I don't see anyone coming up with a car that is so fast we have to reign them in......at least until someone adds dampers....look how bad I struggled with my Pan-O-Crap...............hopefully new build will at least be driveable........If we keep the 3 port rule...we give the class room to grow with young uns and oldies alike....slow motion racing??
Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

Those guidelines sound perfect. I'll forget about getting a 5 Port and stick to the 3 Port. I ordered a motor, manifold, pipe and starter box. I hope the WRCs come in soon so I can get them built and start Toledo Dreaming.

When I get a car I'll take it to some of the Carpet Racing and try to recruit some more Ontario racers.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar

What do you mean, "allowed on the track?" Thought everything was allowed on the track, just not for points. And you're outlawing the antiques as well, as concerns points?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Those guidelines sound perfect. I'll forget about getting a 5 Port and stick to the 3 Port. I ordered a motor, manifold, pipe and starter box. I hope the WRCs come in soon so I can get them built and start Toledo Dreaming.

When I get a car I'll take it to some of the Carpet Racing and try to recruit some more Ontario racers.
where did you get the 3 port from ? also i brought my car out too our in door track, people not really interested guess they want the latest RC 2.0 B3 xyx thingy
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default fishing

Originally Posted by 5italkart
where did you get the 3 port from ? also i brought my car out too our in door track, people not really interested guess they want the latest RC 2.0 B3 xyx thingy
When you put your hook into the water and nothing happens, do you give up and stop fishing, or do you try again?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

http://www.houstonsengineservice.com...1cd891ddf776f5

....3 port Novarossi Turbo is tough to find
Hmmm...maybe this...built by Novarossi also for Houston...
good price too....
Old 11-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm

good price too....
ITS 3 PORT MOTOR CANT SEE WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

good price too....
Basically the same engine, for less. Has the onroad style carb according to the picture, which makes it much friendlier to mount and tune in a pan car than the new NR offroad carbs. Absolute has coupons as well, so the price out the door is even less than this. They also have the NR 3 port turbo plug onroad motor in stock, although at a higher price than Desoto showed.

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=1645
Old 11-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
What do you mean, "allowed on the track?" Thought everything was allowed on the track, just not for points. And you're outlawing the antiques as well, as concerns points?
We kept points???...guess I never received any...
Old 11-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It's November
I'll talk to chicky and Desoto about when they will have more 3 port nova motors

more on the way I am sure
I'll try and find out this week

good price too....
Old 11-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The 3 port nova I listed is a on road motor with on road carb. Comes in turbo and non. And aluminum carb

again more info to come on when they will have more in Stock

Again it's november

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
Basically the same engine, for less. Has the onroad style carb according to the picture, which makes it much friendlier to mount and tune in a pan car than the new NR offroad carbs. Absolute has coupons as well, so the price out the door is even less than this. They also have the NR 3 port turbo plug onroad motor in stock, although at a higher price than Desoto showed.

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=1645

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.