Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5italkart
you can run mine whenever you want, I agree phil has a good shot at attracting new racers. as for pushing sand up hill I prefer BB stacking
forgot too mention the WRC cars look good just need too learn Italian.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Two Cars?

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Think you guys are on a good path with the pan car class to try and lower cost and complexity and I'd like to play but there just isn't enough time in a raceday to race twice and marshal twice and pit at least once - no time left for wrenching,.
.....we want you to run pan too.....im sure we can help you with your marshall duties.....I have spair time when diffs and clutches aren't exploding....( we know you don't get around as good as the old days).....running 2 cars is very hard.......think I tried once last year and gave it up in 5 minutes.........[/QUOTE]

No comment necessary...BUT: My open car, wife's open car, my Superstock car, and a spare. And it was "Race-Marshall-Score"

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-schmaltz-pits-club-race.jpg

Note extensive pit equipment and spares! lol
Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
.....we want you to run pan too.....im sure we can help you with your marshall duties.....I have spair time when diffs and clutches aren't exploding....( we know you don't get around as good as the old days).....running 2 cars is very hard.......think I tried once last year and gave it up in 5 minutes.........
First, now that I've got most of the engine probs fixed on the Edam and not as many probs with the clutch, it's basically maintenance free (for how I drive, anyways) and I don't have to spend as much time on it...freeing me up to play with pan.

Second.....Rick.....I'll cheerfully get my decrepit rear out there and turn marshall extra for you. Join the dark side and have some fun with us, knock my car around and cackle about it for old times sake (or hook me up and take Lon out)....if nothing else, take a day off from 4wd and play a little....

Lastly....thanx a BUNCH, Matt. Got that fiberglass/carbon/whatever the hell it is stuff in today and it is sweet! Also cost effective, I can easily make five chassis out of that piece, it was 60 bucks including shipping (and they shipped it overnight as well.) Really good quality stuff, easy to work with, took 1/4 pound off and it has great flex. I honestly thought when I went in search of the stuff it'd be a nosebleed cost-wise, especially given the stuff on Ebay, but this stuff is a steal! Being able to punch out a chassis for about 12 bucks is about as economical as it can get. Many, many thanx.[/QUOTE]..G10 is the perfect chassis material for our cheapo cars.....cuts and sands easy....I believe the old Associated cars are the same stuff (Rick would know for sure)..........
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aarcobra
.....we want you to run pan too.....im sure we can help you with your marshall duties.....I have spair time when diffs and clutches aren't exploding....( we know you don't get around as good as the old days).....running 2 cars is very hard.......think I tried once last year and gave it up in 5 minutes.........

No comment necessary...BUT: My open car, wife's open car, my Superstock car, and a spare. And it was "Race-Marshall-Score"
Attachment 1066741

Note extensive pit equipment and spares! lol[/QUOTE]

Can I drive the blue one? thanks!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Attachment 1066741

Note extensive pit equipment and spares! lol[/QUOTE].Is that #5 in the back a Schkee???................that how you spell it?
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/schkee
Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Attachment 1066741

Note extensive pit equipment and spares! lol
Can I drive the blue one? thanks![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is loooong gone. Find me a Schkee body and I'll re-produce it!!

Last edited by aarcobra; 05-11-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: oops
Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Schkee

Is that #5 in the back a Schkee???................that how you spell it?

Yes it is! Cool body and you could leave the rear tires covered-for what ever that was worth!

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/...Chevrolet%20V8
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

G10 is the perfect chassis material for our cheapo cars.....cuts and sands easy....I believe the old Associated cars are the same stuff (Rick would know for sure).........

Originally the chassis were aluminum, (well Siposs used wood ) and thick or formed for stiffness. Then sheet aluminum, but it would bend in a wreck and tweek. G10 was great, pretty much indestrutable and didn't tweek. With the MRP tweek plate, it was easy to get perfect tweek.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ha

Can I drive the blue one? thanks!
Unfortunately it is loooong gone. Find me a Schkee body and I'll re-produce it!![/QUOTE]

Got one, still in the bag, uncut.....
Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Unfortunately it is loooong gone. Find me a Schkee body and I'll re-produce it!!
Got one, still in the bag, uncut.....[/QUOTE]bet you've got boxes of stuff you don't remember. or..... choose too forget
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Heh

Originally Posted by 5italkart
Got one, still in the bag, uncut.....
bet you've got boxes of stuff you don't remember. or..... choose too forget[/QUOTE]

That's not even funny. I DO have boxes of stuff I can't remember...a few months ago I found a bag of about 20 McCoy heavy duty rods that I didn't know I had. Late last year we did a basic inventory, and along with the Delta P4's, p2's, nine or so SuperJ's, a few Super Eagles, MRP's, SG's, about 10 old style Futaba radios and so forth, we found boxes full of little parts, entire engines, more McCoy stuff, bodies.....hell, I found a Super Phaser I didn't know I still had and a spare chassis to a GP-12 MRP electric I first ran in '78 or so. What'd be nice is if someone came along, took all the stuff off my hands, and gave it a good, new home. But I guarantee anyone that did that and was married would probably soon be divorced.

Now on top of that crap, I'm importing Edam, building my own car....I think Matt saw some of my new inventory, and that's when I start thinking "gee, it's as if I didn't have enough crap laying around already." I even thought once about listing it all on Ebay (you know, health, too much stuff, make some of the load go away) but if I did, I'd wreck the market for everyone else trying to unload single pieces and that would be really screwed up of me. Like it or not, I'm probably stuck with the stuff till the bitter end...but the plus side is if someone needs something, I probably have it to lend, give or sell.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wow.

I can't get over this G10/FR4 laminate.

I have a bad habit of using profanity, I'm ex-Navy and I've been married so I feel entitled, but I do try to restrain myself in a public forum like this. That is the only thing keeping me from using a wide variety of verbiage the like of which is rarely seen outside a Sam L. Jackson movie. But this stuff makes me want to find new uses for the f-word....

The packaging it came in was excellent. It arrived the day after I ordered it for a very reasonable shipping fee, and it was free of defects.

I had zero problems in cutting it. We've got a belt sander, and even if I hadn't cut a straight line, it'd soon be remedied...the stuff is so consistent....I've sanded similar materials that hit "hot spots" and make keeping an even sand difficult, but not this stuff.

Drilling the holes was a snap, and for the larger cutouts, I put it on the 3 in 1 machine using the same bits as I do on aluminum....no problem. No cracking, no marring, just beautiful, smooth cuts with standard milling bits.

It's lightweight....it's incredibly flexible....this may be the best bang for the buck I've had this year, and we've got a bunch of applications in our shop that this stuff will do nicely for. I am absolutely amazed at the quality of this stuff and the amount you get for the price. Again, Matt, many thanx at hooking me up with this material!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

I have a bad habit of using profanity, I'm ex-Navy and I've been married so I feel entitled, but I do try to restrain myself in a public forum like this. That is the only thing keeping me from using a wide variety of verbiage the like of which is rarely seen outside a Sam L. Jackson movie. But this stuff makes me want to find new uses for the f-word....

The packaging it came in was excellent. It arrived the day after I ordered it for a very reasonable shipping fee, and it was free of defects.

I had zero problems in cutting it. We've got a belt sander, and even if I hadn't cut a straight line, it'd soon be remedied...the stuff is so consistent....I've sanded similar materials that hit "hot spots" and make keeping an even sand difficult, but not this stuff.

Drilling the holes was a snap, and for the larger cutouts, I put it on the 3 in 1 machine using the same bits as I do on aluminum....no problem. No cracking, no marring, just beautiful, smooth cuts with standard milling bits.

It's lightweight....it's incredibly flexible....this may be the best bang for the buck I've had this year, and we've got a bunch of applications in our shop that this stuff will do nicely for. I am absolutely amazed at the quality of this stuff and the amount you get for the price. Again, Matt, many thanx at hooking me up with this material!
The best part about this stuff is the drilling...I scribe
my lines and mark my holes with a center punch....
Using sharp bits.... You get no wander like you
do sometimes with hard aluminum... The bit just grabs
and stays where you want it.... Also... I use a scrap
piece of wood to support the backside when drilling...then
you get no tear out and holes come out clean
Old 05-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally the chassis were aluminum, (well Siposs used wood ) and thick or formed for stiffness. Then sheet aluminum, but it would bend in a wreck and tweek. G10 was great, pretty much indestrutable and didn't tweek. With the MRP tweek plate, it was easy to get perfect tweek.
I believe most of the RA/Car's were urethane laminated with fiberglas (like a surfboard), which looked like wood. I haven't seen many wood chassis though I know they existed. The second RA/Car, the version called Winna, had a masonite chassis.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

if you buy new end mills for your work consider " 2 flute high helix" type they will work well on the softer material. also the edam folks sent me a pic of the clutch, I told'em your doing a good job on our side of the pond.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.